My First Mock

1st - James Laurinaitis - MLB

I think this guy fits the exact mold of the type of player we want. I used to be one of the biggest JL haters on here. I did not want to draft a MLB to play OLB. I did not think he had the speed based on his 40, but after watching film on him i realized he would fit perfectly. He is probably the most instinctive and football smart LB in this draft. He is good in all aspects of the game. His pass rushing abilities also stuck out alot in his videos. I think that he could be very effective rushing the QB. I love this pick.

2nd- Lawrence Sidbury - DE

Pressure is the name of the game. It is the most important factor in the NFL. You pressure the QB you win football games. Sidbury is a beast of a DE. He is incredibly fast and strong. One of my favorite things about him is how fluid he is when he runs. When i look at how MJ runs and Sidbury runs i see a big difference. MJ is very fast, but his running isn't very smooth. ( IM NOT HATING ON HIM JAYMADD). We all know Abe is amazing, but he is getting up there in age and has had an injury history. If he goes down then we are screwed. Sidbury could provide good depth for now and take over for Abe later on.

3rd - Chip Vaughn - S

Chip Vaughn seems to be a very balanced safety. He is pretty big being 6'2 and 221 lbs. He is the type of versatile safety we are looking for. Some websites have him as the 3rd best safety in this draft. I think he would be a great addition to our secondary. I am fine with starting Decoud, but it could not hurt to get another guy back there.

4th - Anthony Hill - TE

I am not a big fan of drafting a TE early in this draft. I HATE the idea of drafting one early and i hate the idea of drafting one who has not proven he can block. However, i do believe that we will draft one in the draft and i think Anthony Hill may be the guy. He is supposedly the 2nd best blocking TE in this draft besides Pettigrew. I am totally content in starting Peele, but we obviously could use an upgrade.

5th - Myron Pryor - DT

We definitely need a big NT in this draft at some point. I don't think that Brace is that much better than the guys that will be picked later in the draft like Dorrell Scott or Pryor. To me there is not a big enough drop off in talent to use a 2nd rd pick on Brace. Pryor is an absolute monster at NT. Everyone loves Trey Lewis and thinks he will be good, but the fact is he is coming off knee surgery. That is a huge question mark!

5th - Andrew Gardner - OT

I am also not a big fan of drafting an O-lineman early in this draft either. We had one of the best rushing offenses in the league last year. Yeah we were inconsistent, but alot of teams are inconsistent. I think with the development of Ryans passing game this year it will make it a little easier for our running game. And it really doesn't matter who we plug in the line because Ryan is one of those QB's who is going to get rid of the ball quickly. Now i know it matters who we get there and we can not just play anyone, but we do not need 1st round talent when we have to revamp our defense.

6th - BPA

Not sure who we should get with this pick. We could look for a WR who may be a sleeper now that Robinson is gone. You never know we could find a Colston somewhere :).

Recap:

1st- James Laurinaitis OLB

2nd- Lawrence Sidbury DE

3rd- Chip Vaughn S

4th- Anthony Hill TE

5th- Myron Pryor DT

5th- Andrew Gardner OT

6th- BPA

I really like this mock dude...

If i had any complaints, id draft a TE in the 5th and a DT in the 4th. Other than that, as i stated, id be pretty happy come draft day;)

Yeah im the same way. I don't care if we don't draft a TE at all, if there was a DT in the 4th who i liked i would have no problem at all drafting him.

i like a lot. Except for the 2nd round DE (unless JA98 is moving inside on a more permanent basis). But that's just my opininon. I do disagree with your assessment of drafting either a passcatching TE or another wr as being a waste.

another criticism (but very light one ;) is drafting Vaughn i see him as weak in coverage. BUT the Falcs scouted him and they could grab him

But enjoyed assessment overall and we'll see who's right :D

i like a lot. Except for the 2nd round DE (unless JA98 is moving inside on a more permanent basis). But that's just my opininon. I do disagree with your assessment of drafting either a passcatching TE or another wr as being a waste.

another criticism (but very light one ;) is drafting Vaughn i see him as weak in coverage. BUT the Falcs scouted him and they could grab him

But enjoyed assessment overall and we'll see who's right :D

Yeah i guess "waste" wouldn't really be the right word causei do believe he is easily the best TE in this draft. I guess i should have just said i feel we have more important needs that we should address first.

Thanks for the critique

Yeah i guess "waste" wouldn't really be the right word causei do believe he is easily the best TE in this draft. I guess i should have just said i feel we have more important needs that we should address first.

Thanks for the critique

LOL, i'd have a hard time arguing with JL. If the coaches think he'll fit our system, he's talented.