Atlanta Falcons Mock

Here is my first mock of the year. I have strong feelings that we should bring back Milloy, or sign a veteran to start at Safety. Delmas is the only safety in the draft I would want starting for us next season. I don't think he is worth our first and won't be available to us in the second.

1. Clint Sintim LB - My favorite LB in this draft. A monster pass rusher, pushes blockers backwards.

2. Ron Brace DT - Perfect role player, great run stopper, fits our biggest need (I think he'll fall due to being one dimensional, a bit inconsistent, not having monster stats)

3. Lawrence Sidbury, Jr. DE - Great pass rusher, insurance in case ABE goes down

4. Cameron Moorah TE - could sit and learn and get some PT in passing situations

5. Chris Clemons SS - produces in games

6. Ryan Stanchek OL - versatile- can play G or OT

6. Jon Cooper C (really just looking for best center prospect available)

Sintim is cool, but I really feel like he would be a pretty good DE instead of a LB in our system. I dont like the Brace pick, he will never be an everydown player in our system, not even the potential to be in on passing downs, that would be 3-4 years of him coming in only on running downs with no possibility of having a impact on passing downs. I hope that sidbury is still there when we pick in the 3rd but if we want him, we would have to use the 2nd to get him IMO, the other picks are cool

Sinitim have coverage concerns... Unless we are transforming to a 3-4, i dont want him. Also is a reach, as most mocks have him sliding to the 2nd. Brace is a pretty good pick. Sidbury, from what i understand will be lucky to last to our pick in the 3rd and you have us drafting Morrah about a round early. He isnt very polished, and needs a lot of work. But has great measurables...

Clemons and Stanchek are good picks, but Cooper is most likely a UDFA or a reach in round 6, if thats possible lol

Sintim is cool, but I really feel like he would be a pretty good DE instead of a LB in our system. I dont like the Brace pick, he will never be an everydown player in our system, not even the potential to be in on passing downs, that would be 3-4 years of him coming in only on running downs with no possibility of having a impact on passing downs. I hope that sidbury is still there when we pick in the 3rd but if we want him, we would have to use the 2nd to get him IMO, the other picks are cool

LINK?

Thats like saying Michael Johnson will never be any good at run defense :P

LINK?

Thats like saying Michael Johnson will never be any good at run defense :P

The link is in my head, based on what i say from him. He is just too slow, and all he has is a bull rush, truly a one-dimensional player. I see you are trying to hit me with a low blow mentioning micheal johnson :D<_< . OK i will take it back and wont say never, but i will say that the likelyhood on Brace being as effective as we need him to be on passing downs is very low, low, low, low (think about that song while i am typing that), therefore he will need to be replaced often, and i would rather get a DT who is a little quicker than can at least be a decent to good pass rusher over the years with coaching.

Sinitim have coverage concerns... Unless we are transforming to a 3-4, i dont want him. Also is a reach, as most mocks have him sliding to the 2nd. Brace is a pretty good pick. Sidbury, from what i understand will be lucky to last to our pick in the 3rd and you have us drafting Morrah about a round early. He isnt very polished, and needs a lot of work. But has great measurables...

Clemons and Stanchek are good picks, but Cooper is most likely a UDFA or a reach in round 6, if thats possible lol

I really just figured we ought to grab the best C prospect available with that last pick. I couldn't find any video to help me and picked Cooper based on some draft write ups.

I know that Sintim is considered a reach, but I think he will be a probowl OLB and the best to come out of this draft. Probably best suited for WLB and could move there when Peterson is gone or injured. He is a true playmaker. He wasn't asked to play coverage in college, so its hard to say how good he'll be at that, but I wouldn't ask him to in the pros because if the other team is passing I want him rushing the passer.

You're right that Sidburry may not make it to our 3rd rounder. I feel good about those first 3 picks becoming future starters and valuable role players. I wouldn't mind if we had to move up a bit to get Brace or Sidburry. I feel like they would give us a young, outstanding defensive core for years to come.

I really just figured we ought to grab the best C prospect available with that last pick. I couldn't find any video to help me and picked Cooper based on some draft write ups.

I know that Sintim is considered a reach, but I think he will be a probowl OLB and the best to come out of this draft. Probably best suited for WLB and could move there when Peterson is gone or injured. He is a true playmaker. He wasn't asked to play coverage in college, so its hard to say how good he'll be at that, but I wouldn't ask him to in the pros because if the other team is passing I want him rushing the passer.

You're right that Sidburry may not make it to our 3rd rounder. I feel good about those first 3 picks becoming future starters and valuable role players. I wouldn't mind if we had to move up a bit to get Brace or Sidburry. I feel like they would give us a young, outstanding defensive core for years to come.

I dont think that Sintim would be a good fit at WLB, more of a SLB.

The link is in my head, based on what i say from him. He is just too slow, and all he has is a bull rush, truly a one-dimensional player. I see you are trying to hit me with a low blow mentioning micheal johnson :D<_< . OK i will take it back and wont say never, but i will say that the likelyhood on Brace being as effective as we need him to be on passing downs is very low, low, low, low (think about that song while i am typing that), therefore he will need to be replaced often, and i would rather get a DT who is a little quicker than can at least be a decent to good pass rusher over the years with coaching.

Brace is quick off the snap, collapses the pocket and is a great tackler... Coaching will improve his use of hands, and also his pass rushing technique. He is also the type of guy who commands double teams with his combination of size and strength, although he didnt get double teamed due to Raji being beside him...

Im with you on MJ... I think he will end up being a really solid DE in the NFL after a couple of seasons. His pass rush will benefit whatever team gets him instantly imho...

I dont know how Sintim went when he came in and worked out for us, but coverage for a LB in our system is pretty important. Yes he would be great to rush from OLB, but he is not going to be able to do that on every passing down...

Brace is quick off the snap, collapses the pocket and is a great tackler... Coaching will improve his use of hands, and also his pass rushing technique. He is also the type of guy who commands double teams with his combination of size and strength, although he didnt get double teamed due to Raji being beside him...

Im with you on MJ... I think he will end up being a really solid DE in the NFL after a couple of seasons. His pass rush will benefit whatever team gets him instantly imho...

I like Brace but i wonder about that since he did have Raji with him at BC and he didnt face alot of DT, because he will face a lot of them in the NFL at his size and at the NT position. If we pick him I would be cool with it, but if we pass i will be even happier. Regarding MJ i agree wholeheartedly, but some people dont see that at best you get a Everydown Julius Peppers clone, but at the least you will get a great pass rusher on passing downs, which can have a major impact on a game.

It'd be nice if we could move back several spots and still get Sintim with our first pick. It really depends on how many OLB are off the board when our spot comes up. If we did this it would give us the ammo we need to move up for Brace or Sidburry. The drawback is that the Ravens, Dolphins, Cardinals, and Steelers are all picking after us and I could see any of them stealing him away from us. I just don't buy that he is only a 3-4 backer, I think he will move up some boards as the draft gets closer.