Chipper Jones...Highest paid part time player in MLB

you try swing a bat with a sore thumb, when the pitch coming is 97mph. Id love to see that

sore thumb or not, i'm SOL on a 97 MPH pitch. :lol: :lol:

but for the injury, did we really expect chipper to stay healthy for anywhere from half to a full season at any point over his new extension??

I don't understand how someone playing baseball could have that many problems with injuries. I've never played baseball competitively but it's not the most physically demanding sport.

he is now 30, plus the fact that he injury prone, wth his groin and oblique. Thats the way it is for him, he is never gonna play 162 games

40 million dollar extension so he can sit on the bench with a sore thumb.

WE LOVE YOU CHIPPER!!

Why don't we smash your thumb w/a hammer, have it swell it up to the size of a grapefruit, then see if you can swing a bat w/full speed, much less grip it.

Chipper hurt that thumb the last week of ST, but was able to play through it until he got jammed in the Philly series and it swelled up the zixe of an orange. You can not hit a baseball or swing a bat when your thumb is swollen.

You sound dumber and dumber everyday.

Why don't we smash your thumb w/a hammer, have it swell it up to the size of a grapefruit, then see if you can swing a bat w/full speed, much less grip it.

Chipper hurt that thumb the last week of ST, but was able to play through it until he got jammed in the Philly series and it swelled up the zixe of an orange. You can not hit a baseball or swing a bat when your thumb is swollen.

You sound dumber and dumber everyday.

Are you and Chipper related?

At least we don't have to deal with Mike Hampton's p*ssy @$$ anymore. He was the highest paid bench warmer ever to play the sport. Chipper is killing me though.

Chipper's act is finally starting to wear thin on people, myself included.

I use to be a total Chipper schill, and still am... when he's on the field, the guy isn't there for nearly 1/4th of the season every year though.

I'm immediately beginning to think that signing him to a 40 million dollar extension was a terrible idea. I wonder who could have signed in the next few years instead of spending that money on a part time player.

Chipper's act is finally starting to wear thin on people, myself included.

I use to be a total Chipper schill, and still am... when he's on the field, the guy isn't there for nearly 1/4th of the season every year though.

I'm immediately beginning to think that signing him to a 40 million dollar extension was a terrible idea. I wonder who could have signed in the next few years instead of spending that money on a part time player.

THey signed him to that contract b/c he's the face of the franchise. That's why.

But you've never let facts get in your way before, so why stop now.

Except I'm not, because out of all of those pitchers he listed, only Johnson can get up to 97 MPH, and we didn't even face him.

YOu don't get it.

CHip's thumb was already swollen. He was jammed the previous night. And I will say this slowly so you can understand, Y-o-u- c-a-n- n-o-t p-l-a-y w/ a s-w-o-l-l-e-n t-h-u-m-b o-r- f-i-n-g-e-r. B/c you can't grip the bat fully. But again, you're a dumb mother****er so I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

You really are a dumbass.