Penultimate Garcia Mock

Rumors abound. We might trade for Gonzo, Dorsey or whoever. For now, this mock assumes the Falcons do not work out any trades.

With the Eagles taking care of their OT need, I think that they will draft Pettigrew ahead of us. So, here it goes:

1. Evander Hood (DT). At 6'-3" and 300 lbs, this big man ran under 5.0 in the forty. He is a high motor, relentless worker that was a leader at Missouri. He is known for his pass rushing talents, but is also a very good run stopper. His playing weight in the NFL will probably settle in at 310 lbs. Regardless of how big he gets, we finally solidify the interior of our defense for years to come.

2. Eric Woods (OC/OG). This McClure thing has me a little troubled. I know that he deserves to be paid more, but the fact is that he is on the wrong side of 30. In a way, this contract dispute helps to focus our attention on acquiring McClure's eventual replacement. Rhomberg has never been very good and Wilkerson has been a back up for a long time. Woods is a very good young Center that has the size to move to Guard. He is smart and strong and I think that he would fit in nicely. Luigs is also a possibility, but I think that Woods might be better for us.

3. Brandon Williams (DE). Williams is striclty a speed rusher now. However, his 6'-5", 252 lb frame will allow for him to add another 15 lbs. I like him as a situational pass rusher that will get more and more snaps as he grows up. This seems a little early to take him, but teams covet the pass rushers and we will be forced to take him this high. Patience will pay off nicely.

4. Sherrod Martin (CB/S). The versatile Martin is 6'-1" and just under 200 lbs. He looks more like a Cover-2 CB than a Safety. I like him as a ST'er as a rookie and perhaps as a CB next season.

5a. Lee Robinson (OLB). He has the speed and toughness to handle the SLB position.

5b. John Phillips (TE). An all around TE. He catches the ball cleanly and finds the opening in zone coverage well. He also provides good (not great) in-line blocking. He is worth a try in the late rounds.

6. Kaluka Maiava (OLB). Athletic and over shadowed by his USC teammates. Depth at LB will be important. He is a Cover-2 type LB and worth a shot to make the roser.

That's it. Let me know what you think.

Rumors abound. We might trade for Gonzo, Dorsey or whoever. For now, this mock assumes the Falcons do not work out any trades.

With the Eagles taking care of their OT need, I think that they will draft Pettigrew ahead of us. So, here it goes:

1. Evander Hood (DT). At 6'-3" and 300 lbs, this big man ran under 5.0 in the forty. He is a high motor, relentless worker that was a leader at Missouri. He is known for his pass rushing talents, but is also a very good run stopper. His playing weight in the NFL will probably settle in at 310 lbs. Regardless of how big he gets, we finally solidify the interior of our defense for years to come.

2. Eric Woods (OC/OG). This McClure thing has me a little troubled. I know that he deserves to be paid more, but the fact is that he is on the wrong side of 30. In a way, this contract dispute helps to focus our attention on acquiring McClure's eventual replacement. Rhomberg has never been very good and Wilkerson has been a back up for a long time. Woods is a very good young Center that has the size to move to Guard. He is smart and strong and I think that he would fit in nicely. Luigs is also a possibility, but I think that Woods might be better for us.

3. Brandon Williams (DE). Williams is striclty a speed rusher now. However, his 6'-5", 252 lb frame will allow for him to add another 15 lbs. I like him as a situational pass rusher that will get more and more snaps as he grows up. This seems a little early to take him, but teams covet the pass rushers and we will be forced to take him this high. Patience will pay off nicely.

4. Sherrod Martin (CB/S). The versatile Martin is 6'-1" and just under 200 lbs. He looks more like a Cover-2 CB than a Safety. I like him as a ST'er as a rookie and perhaps as a CB next season.

5a. Lee Robinson (OLB). He has the speed and toughness to handle the SLB position.

5b. John Phillips (TE). An all around TE. He catches the ball cleanly and finds the opening in zone coverage well. He also provides good (not great) in-line blocking. He is worth a try in the late rounds.

6. Kaluka Maiava (OLB). Athletic and over shadowed by his USC teammates. Depth at LB will be important. He is a Cover-2 type LB and worth a shot to make the roser.

That's it. Let me know what you think.

I actually like it alot. Just a few comments about the picks. I think that i would rather get Sidbury in the 2nd and get Antione Caldwell in the 3rd, since i think that the McClure situation will be worked out. I dont care too much for the TE pick, i would rather have Davon Drew or Cameron MOrrah both have the potential to be receiving and blocking TE as opposed to Phillips. I like the LB picks, with your draft we probably would still need to add another pure NT either through the UDFA or through FA.

I actually like it alot. Just a few comments about the picks. I think that i would rather get Sidbury in the 2nd and get Antione Caldwell in the 3rd, since i think that the McClure situation will be worked out. I dont care too much for the TE pick, i would rather have Davon Drew or Cameron MOrrah both have the potential to be receiving and blocking TE as opposed to Phillips. I like the LB picks, with your draft we probably would still need to add another pure NT either through the UDFA or through FA.

Originally, I had Caldwell, but I am seeing more and more reports that he is moving up the charts. I had him as a third rounder, but I think that he will fall between our second and third picks. It would be good to see a quick resolution to the McClure situation. I would prefer to draft a defender in the second round. I think that a CB like Byrd would be great. Sidbury is a nice prospect, but I think that Brandon Williams is as athletic and a little bigger.

Personally, the only TE that I feel good about is Pettigrew. I think that Philly will draft him ahead of us, so whoever we get will be fine.....as long as he is a second day pick.

Dimitroff trained under Pioli. You can bet that he will sign a few defenders late in the off season.

1) I don't like Hood. I think he is benefiting from a horrid DT class. He is a 2nd-early 3rd round prospect and is not a good value at 24th overall. I also think its a waste of good value with our pick.

2) I love Eric Wood. He would be a starter for years. If we get Wood then we will have to move one of our centers.

3) A little high for Brandon Williams. I think he can be a 4th or 5th round steal.

4) Great value but I think he will be gone by the 4th round.

5) I don't think he has the ability to move outside.

5) Really like Phillips, though my heart is Brandon Pettigrew in the first.

6) A very good LB that is going to be a great special teams player.

Eh I give this mock a B- .

Overall, I like it. If someone said we could walk away with these players and a few quality UDFA, I'd say lock it up.

I'd rather have a different TE, and think the 3rd and 4th might need to be switched, but overall would be happy if we took home all these guys (or even similar ones).

If we were to lock up McClure, I think I'd use that 2nd to take either OT or best C/G combo anyway. We need to keep stockpiling on the lines. That way we challenge the starters, and have good depth.

So going

DT

OL

DE

DB

LB and TE

LB

gets us pretty far even if we switch positions of a few of the last guys.

bGARCIA, excellent draft. First and foremost very balanced filling needs on both sides of the ball. Hood isn't my first choice, but he can start immediately and fills a need while arguably being the BPA. Love the Wood pick. Even if McClure stays, he can shift to G pushing Dahl and Clabo to versatile backups. Although the RT spot is still unsettled. I still like the versatility of the pick

The only knock i have is that i don't think Martin lasts til that long