Does it concern the Pettrigrew fans that he only had 400 yards and 0 Tds last year?

southga08

I will admit that I want a defensive player in the first round this year, but this was something that I did not know.

He had 0 Tds, despite the fact that his team threw for 28TDs last year. I am not exactly sure how he is going to come in the NFL and explode if he is not doing better than that in college.

(And yet these same people will probably bash the DE from Georgia Tech, Johnson, for disappearing in games, even though he still had 9 sacks, and 17 tackles for loss; but I digress.)

but he can block.......

lol. But seriously, unlike Michael Johnson, Pettigrew did start more than 1 season. His 4 year totals are 112 receptions, 1450 yards, and 9 TD's, so it's not like he's never seen the endzone. Plus he missed 4 games last season, and part of another game. That said, I wouldn't touch Pettigrew in the 1st. Not only should TE be a low priority for us, but the drop off talent wise from Pettigrew to the 2nd/3rd round TE's just isn't that great IMO.

but he can block.......

lol. But seriously, unlike Michael Johnson, Pettigrew did start more than 1 season. His 4 year totals are 112 receptions, 1450 yards, and 9 TD's, so it's not like he's never seen the endzone. Plus he missed 4 games last season, and part of another game. That said, I wouldn't touch Pettigrew in the 1st. Not only should TE be a low priority for us, but the drop off talent wise from Pettigrew to the 2nd/3rd round TE's just isn't that great IMO.

Bingo... Great post Robb...

Add to the facts that Mularkey hasnt really used a TE in his offense as a receiving threat, and you have a semi wasted round 1 draft pick. Yes people, i know he can block really well lol

all picks re made with an eye to potential. Pettigrew's blocking is elite and his potential as a receiver comes in his size,

good hands, work ethic etc. Wouldn't be my first choice, but he isn't a bad choice

What are you saying regarding potential, that is the same thing that I am saying regarding Micheal Johnson, his pass rushing is great and he has the potential to be an everydown DE improving against the run because of his size, speed, work etc.

Bingo... Great post Robb...

Add to the facts that Mularkey hasnt really used a TE in his offense as a receiving threat, and you have a semi wasted round 1 draft pick. Yes people, i know he can block really well lol

lol if we were to spend a first rounder on him don't you think we'd GET him involved? we wouldn't just draft him and say "oh **** mularkey doesn't use TEs". we'd have a plan....

Not that I really care who we draft but just for the sake of argument what about Dorsey? He had a great last year in school but was invisible last year in the pro game. It is a roll of the dice no matter who we get.

I was watching NFL live last night and Kiper was asked who the best first round steal will be and he said Pettigrew to Atlanta at 24. He says Pettigrew is ranked #7 on his overall list so him at 24 is great value.

I really hope that doesn't happen. I don't like drafting TEs in the first round and we really need to go all out defense this year.