Seastrunk is high on Auburn.

SacFalcFan

The Seastrunk sweepstakes

I am hearing running back Lache Seastrunk is high on Auburn. Have you been hearing the same?

-- Angie from Andalusia, Ala.

Yes, I am hearing the same. Auburn has come out of nowhere in the Seastrunk sweepstakes. Seastrunk, a five-star player from Temple (Texas) High, is the nation's No. 2 prospect, and Auburn is looking for a dynamic playmaker for their offense under new coordinator Gus Malzahn.

It was thought he would decide between Texas and LSU. But just like that, Auburn is a major player. In fact, there are some who believe Auburn has passed LSU and is drawing closer and closer to Texas.

Seastrunk took an unofficial visit to Auburn last weekend and all indications are that he had a good visit. He has grown close to Tigers running back coach Curtis Luper, whose father is Seastrunk's pastor in Temple.

Seastrunk told me last week that Auburn likely would be his last unofficial visit until this summer, when he's planning on attending USC's "Rising Star Camp" in June and Florida's "Friday Night Lights" camp in July.

There is a long way to go in his recruitment. If I were a betting man, I'd say Texas is the team to beat for Seastrunk.