Garofalo outdoes herself: Tea-parties all about white power

logic

Garafalo's politics are a tad farther left that mine but I think her point is valid for the most part. As far as irresponsible? Not nearly as irresponsible as what FOX has been up to, propagating their anti-government hysteria. Are they going to cheer when things start blowing up?

I do think the Tea Party platform is apropos for FOX however. These goings on remind me of very much of the Tea Party from Lewis Carrol's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with Roger Ailes the March Hare to Rupert Murdoch's Mad Hatter. Both are crazy as bat sh@t in a maniacal genius kind of way.

Garafalo's politics are a tad farther left that mine but I think her point is valid for the most part. As far as irresponsible? Not nearly as irresponsible as what FOX has been up to, propagating their anti-government hysteria. Are they going to cheer when things start blowing up?

I do think the Tea Party platform is apropos for FOX however. These goings on remind me of very much of the Tea Party from Lewis Carrol's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with Roger Ailes the March Hare to Rupert Murdoch's Mad Hatter. Both are crazy as bat sh@t in a maniacal genius kind of way.

Bingo.

Cavuto, O'Reilly, Hannity, van Sustren, Hemmer, Beck, etc..

Basically their entire lineup is out in full force encouraging people to revolt.

Because people disagree with the President, they are racists. Never saw that one coming.

So I guess you never saw where a major part of the campaign was clouded with "Muslim Terrorist" labels?

Or when people were so scared that he might not be swearing in on the bible?

MOST people against him now are the same people who were against him then for shallow(possible racial and religious) reasons.

It's funny that these people didn't protest a massive spending that went to fund the killing of Muslims.

So it's ok to spend money on things that don't affect our society as much as funding the things around us. To act like they are only against him now because of the bills is a pure smoke screen to mask how they have felt about him since day 1. Those feelings were mostly out of ignorance and prejudice. He11, it wasn't until he was elected that the "white side" started claiming he wasn't completely black. :rolleyes:

So I guess you never saw where a major part of the campaign was clouded with "Muslim Terrorist" labels?

Or when people were so scared that he might not be swearing in on the bible?

MOST people against him now are the same people who were against him then for shallow(possible racial and religious) reasons.

It's funny that these people didn't protest a massive spending that went to fund the killing of Muslims.

So it's ok to spend money on things that don't affect our society as much as funding the things around us. To act like they are only against him now because of the bills is a pure smoke screen to mask how they have felt about him since day 1. Those feelings were mostly out of ignorance and prejudice. He11, it wasn't until he was elected that the "white side" started claiming he wasn't completely black. :rolleyes:

Do parents get angry with their children when they see them on the phone, or when they see the phone bill? Ok.

Do parents get angry with their children when they see them on the phone, or when they see the phone bill? Ok.

I'm not quite sure I understand your point there.

Are you trying to say that Obama is the child and the protesters are the parents?

If so, a better comparison would be that Obama is the red headed step child and many of the protesters are the step-parents. No matter what he did on the phone, they would find something to beat him for.

Because people disagree with the black President, they are racists. Never saw that one coming.

I don't recall anyone making that claim. For example, you don't seem to care much for Obama but I've never thought you had any racist agenda. I'm also sure there were many people in the crowds yesterday that, pretty much like you, just have an irrational fear of anything they deem as Liberal. However, there was a significant portion of the the protesters that were overtly racist and many of them had the signs to prove it.

I don't recall anyone making that claim. For example, you don't seem to care much for Obama but I've never thought you had any racist agenda. I'm also sure there were many people in the crowds yesterday that, pretty much like you, just have an irrational fear of anything they deem as Liberal. However, there was a significant portion of the the protesters that were overtly racist and many of them had the signs to prove it.

What is a "significant portion?" And where do you get the idea that those with overtly racist signs constitute a "significant portion of the protestors?"

As to the second question, CNN was purposely singling those people out for airtime. Since you have defended them so vociferously, one wonders where you got your information about a "significant portion of the protestors....."

I agree with a lot of what she said.....

and for some reason I find her kind of hot sometimes... :ph34r:

You obviously have no taste.....

As far as what she has to say, she assumes a lot. She has no idea about what these people know and call them racist. She doesn't even know these people. If she's going to preach about knowing the facts, maybe she should tell herself that. Liberals are like women, they speak with emotion, rather than logic. By the way, I'm not a right winger, I'm a Libertarian.

What is a "significant portion?" And where do you get the idea that those with overtly racist signs constitute a "significant portion of the protestors?"

As to the second question, CNN was purposely singling those people out for airtime. Since you have defended them so vociferously, one wonders where you got your information about a "significant portion of the protestors....."

Now that's a good question isn't it. In my mind, if it's even one out of ten, that's significant, and since there is no way to truly judge what was in the hearts of the the protesters (besides those carrying the Obama=Hitler signs and such), one has to go off of observation. My observation is that the crowds were disproportionally white and anti-Obama and that comes primarily from watching FOX News. Perhaps you had a different observation.

I merely pointed out I felt the reporters line of question was legitimate. I also think it's obvious she let her frustration get the better of her. I saw many folks interviewed, some with signs, some without, and none of them made much sense to me. They were either ill informed about Obama's tax proposals or vehemently anti-Obama in general. Most of them were spewing a delicious brew of Hannity/Beck anti-government pseudo patriotism.

Perhaps if these ex-patriots are so unhappy they should move to Texas and secede from the Union they now seem to whole heartedly disdain. I don't think anyone would try to stop them. That seems to be what they want.

Now that's a good question isn't it. In my mind, if it's even one out of ten, that's significant, and since there is no way to truly judge what was in the hearts of the the protesters (besides those carrying the Obama=Hitler signs and such), one has to go off of observation. My observation is that the crowds were disproportionally white and anti-Obama and that comes primarily from watching FOX News. Perhaps you had a different observation.

I merely pointed out I felt the reporters line of question was legitimate. I also think it's obvious she let her frustration get the better of her. I saw many folks interviewed, some with signs, some without, and none of them made much sense to me. They were either ill informed about Obama's tax proposals or vehemently anti-Obama in general. Most of them were spewing a delicious brew of Hannity/Beck anti-government pseudo patriotism.

Perhaps if these ex-patriots are so unhappy they should move to Texas and secede from the Union they now seem to whole heartedly disdain. I don't think anyone would try to stop them. That seems to be what they want.

So, if you disagree with his policies, then your anti-Obama? I believe that a lot of people who were there disagree with his policies, as do I. I believe that most people that support Obama do not even know what his policies are and do not understand the damage that such policies will do.

I agree with a lot of what she said.....

and for some reason I find her kind of hot sometimes... :ph34r:

That's only mildly disturbing...now if you found her Darcy character from that old MTV cartoon hot, that would be much more disturbing...but still somewhat acceptable... :P

That's only mildly disturbing...now if you found her Darcy character from that old MTV cartoon hot, that would be much more disturbing...but still somewhat acceptable... :P

didnt say I was proud of it... but yes for some reason she is kind of hot to me....

IT is funny though... all throughout history things that have been done over racism.. "has nothing to do with race" according to white people of course.

didnt say I was proud of it... but yes for some reason she is kind of hot to me....

IT is funny though... all throughout history things that have been done over racism.. "has nothing to do with race" according to white people of course.

She does clean up well though.

She's got a nice little bod on her. She just covers it up in all of that gypsy garb.

So, if you disagree with his policies, then your anti-Obama? I believe that a lot of people who were there disagree with his policies, as do I. I believe that most people that support Obama do not even know what his policies are and do not understand the damage that such policies will do.

Not necessarily, but if you're on camera calling Obama a Fascist or carrying a sign depicting Obama slitting uncle Sam's throat, or a poster superimposing his image onto that of Hitler, or screaming from the crowd that he's the Anti-Christ, then I think it's safe to assume you're anti-Obama.

While I agree that many people on both sides of the issues are ill informed, Liberals, in general, take more time to understand the issues rather than having their opinions manufactured for them by propagandists posing as journalists. The TEA Parties were far from the spontaneous, grass roots events that their Corporate organizers billed them as. FOX has been priming the pump of Conservative discontent for months and promoted their TEA parties more heavily than the freakin' Super Bowl.

As I've said before, if you want to protest the government or have white supremacist rallies or whatever, fine, but call it what it is. It's the dishonesty of this whole charade that bothers me the most.