2 Mock Drafts, one With and one without trade

okay first my draft without the trade:

1) Darius Butler, CB UConn - A lot of people think we shouldn't go DB with the first pick because its not our biggest need, but all the first round quality OLB's will be gone, as well as the pass rushing DE/OLB hybrids, and with such a talented CB class one stud will fall to us and Darius Butler would fit into a cover 2 scheme perfectly. him and houston with chevis in the nickel would be sick.

2) Connor Barwin, DE Cincy - i know you'll say he probably wont be here, but im gonna cross my fingers and hope that he slips, but thats why i did a second mock with us trading down, in that one we assure we get him. this guy on paper is an animal, 4.55 40 time, 10 foot broad jump, etc. people are concerned about his order but his motor is fine this guy is a mauler he will dominate :lol:

3) Tyrone Mckenzie, OLB USF - his draft talk has been very quiet and he isnt one of the most talked about OLB's, but this guy is an animal. i love USF and i watched this guy make play after play. he is fast, has great instincts and could be our starting wlb for years

4) TJ Lang, OT Eastern Michigan - this guy is a beast. at 6' 2" 312 he has an NFL ready body and he also has the quick feet to get out and create the pocket. could possibly start or will add great depth to our line.

5a) Chris Clemons, S Clemson - i love this guy. he has been overshadowed by his counterpart Michael Hamlin, but this guy can flourish in the nfl, especially in a cover 2. he is very interchangable, exactly what the FO is looking for, great speed and ball skills. him and Decoud would be sick, or even as a backup to coleman this guy would be a great pick.

5b) Myron Pryor, DT Kentucky - a great run stopper at 6' 319. trey, babs, pryor as our rotation :lol:

6) Ryan Purvis, TE Boston College - this kids numbers werent impressive at all this past year, but lets see..... look back last year when his quarterback was Matt Ryan. this year he entered the season as a pre-season all american and all acc choice. he was on the John Mackey award watch list, award given to the nations best TE. him and ryan have the connection already and they compliment each other so well. he will be the steal of our draft.

some picks are the same so i just wont have an explaination with them

trade #24 to Jacksonville for their 2nd and 3rd ( 39 and 72)

2a) Connor Barwin

2b) Patrick Chung, S Oregon - i know people don't think he can play good in a cover 2, but i beg to differ. and just look at the upside. he is the best ranked SS in the class, he hits better than some nfl linebackers, will provide very solid run support, better than milloy did, AND he can defend the pass well. people say he isnt fast enough to be a c2 safety, he runs a 4.51 40. he is plenty fast, has great athleticism, and good ball skills which he will improve on.

3a) DJ Moore, CB Vandebilt - at the end of the college season this guy was a first round pick. because of his height and combine 40, his stock fell dramatically. he has amazing ball skills, and in a cover 2 defense the corner doesnt need blazing speed. will flourish in the zone, but is also strong and get jam guys off the line and help in run support.

3b) Tyrone Mckenzie

4) TJ Lang

5a) Myron Pryor

5b) Ryan Purvis

6) Mohamad Massaquoi, WR UGA - this guy didn't have eye popping numbers, but Ryan is a better version of Matthew Stafford, so he can get this guy the ball. will be a development project.

tell me what you think

okay first my draft without the trade:

1) Darius Butler, CB UConn - A lot of people think we shouldn't go DB with the first pick because its not our biggest need, but all the first round quality OLB's will be gone, as well as the pass rushing DE/OLB hybrids, and with such a talented CB class one stud will fall to us and Darius Butler would fit into a cover 2 scheme perfectly. him and houston with chevis in the nickel would be sick.

2) Connor Barwin, DE Cincy - i know you'll say he probably wont be here, but im gonna cross my fingers and hope that he slips, but thats why i did a second mock with us trading down, in that one we assure we get him. this guy on paper is an animal, 4.55 40 time, 10 foot broad jump, etc. people are concerned about his order but his motor is fine this guy is a mauler he will dominate :lol:

3) Tyrone Mckenzie, OLB USF - his draft talk has been very quiet and he isnt one of the most talked about OLB's, but this guy is an animal. i love USF and i watched this guy make play after play. he is fast, has great instincts and could be our starting wlb for years

4) TJ Lang, OT Eastern Michigan - this guy is a beast. at 6' 2" 312 he has an NFL ready body and he also has the quick feet to get out and create the pocket. could possibly start or will add great depth to our line.

5a) Chris Clemons, S Clemson - i love this guy. he has been overshadowed by his counterpart Michael Hamlin, but this guy can flourish in the nfl, especially in a cover 2. he is very interchangable, exactly what the FO is looking for, great speed and ball skills. him and Decoud would be sick, or even as a backup to coleman this guy would be a great pick.

5b) Myron Pryor, DT Kentucky - a great run stopper at 6' 319. they, babs, pryor as our rotation :lol:

6) Ryan Purvis, TE Boston College - this kids numbers werent impressive at all this past year, but lets see..... look back last year when his quarterback was Matt Ryan. this year he entered the season as a pre-season all american and all acc choice. he was on the John Mackey award watch list, award given to the nations best TE. him and ryan have the connection already and they compliment each other so well. he will be the steal of our draft.

some picks are the same so i just wont have an explaination with them

trade #24 to Jacksonville for their 2nd and 3rd ( 39 and 72)

2a) Connor Barwin

2b) Patrick Chung, S Oregon - i know people don't think he can play good in a cover 2, but i beg to differ. and just look at the upside. he is the best ranked SS in the class, he hits better than some nfl linebackers, will provide very solid run support, better than milloy did, AND he can defend the pass well. people say he isnt fast enough to be a c2 safety, he runs a 4.51 40. he is plenty fast, has great athleticism, and good ball skills which he will improve on.

3a) DJ Moore, CB Vandebilt - at the end of the college season this guy was a first round pick. because of his height and combine 40, his stock fell dramatically. he has amazing ball skills, and in a cover 2 defense the corner doesnt need blazing speed. will flourish in the zone, but is also strong and get jam guys off the line and help in run support.

3b) Tyrone Mckenzie

4) TJ Lang

5a) Myron Pryor

5b) Ryan Purvis

6) Mohamad Massaquoi, WR UGA - this guy didn't have eye popping numbers, but Ryan is a better version of Matthew Stafford, so he can get this guy the ball. will be a development project.

tell me what you think

Massaquoi won't be there in the 6th...he has shot up draft boards and will probably go in the second or third.

I'd rather have Matthews, Cushing, or Jerry with the first pick. Why a DE with our 1st pick after the trade? We don't need a DE IMO. JA and Davis will get the job done.

no they wont get the job done, we had them on our roster last year and they proved to be more effective in stopping the run than generating a pass rush. 47% of our sacks came from one man, and i am pretty sure you know who that is.

I like the first senario better, although as you alluded to there's no way Barwin will be there at 55 (I can't see him getting past the Pats @ 34).

SS Chung - An old fashioned SS, not an "interchangeable safety"

Negatives: Questionable deep speed and is a bit shorter than scouts prefer because of their coverage duties against tight ends. … Physical player who can get a bit grabby while in coverage, leading to some holding calls. … Attacks the line or underneath routes too quickly, leaving room for the deep ball behind him. … At his best facing the quarterback and running downhill toward the ball.

D.J. Moore is ranked the 46th player by NFLDraftScout.com, there's no way he makes it into the 3rd round.

Tyrone McKenzie - not a cover 2 OLB

Negatives: Could be considered a bit of an inside-outside "tweener" by NFL teams. … Not especially fluid dropping into coverage. … Comes out of the game in nickel situations and probably will do so in the NFL. … Not quick enough to corral slot receivers in zones. … Doesn't have the great strength or bulk to fight his way through trash inside.

TJ Lang is projected as an OG not OT due to his arm length & hand size, we need a bonafide OT in case Baker gets bit by the injury bug again.

Mohamed Massaquoi is ranked as the 70th player, so a 3rd round pick at best. Also WR is one of the few positions we won't be targeting early on.

yeah i agree i like the first scenario better too, i was just putting them both out there for a debate

i really like barwin, i wish we would trade down and maybe get barwin and hopefully alphonso smith will drop to mid second and we get him or DJ with 55

and for Tyrone, i know he is too inside out but i dunno. he's a pure run stopper and a mauler, i think he would be great in run situations and i could even see him playing MLB, and lofton moving outside, since he has had experience at it. OR if we put some 3-4 in this year we could put him and lofton in the middle and nicolas and peterson outside :lol:

I like the Barwin pick I saw a video suggesting that if you were to pick this guy you would actually start him at TE as thats where you could get best value if you were to start him from day1 if he was to start at DE the video went on to say that he would be a project maybe a year or 2 away.