Jason Peters traded to Philly for 28th pick and more

Phil22

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

disagree......this guy is not worth a 1 and a 4....

he's a probowl/all pro young tackle. they have another first rounder so it's not like they really lost anything. they're a NFC championship team so it's not like they need a million picks to build with. they don't have a lot of holes. now they have a LT that they know can play and play at a high level.

on another note now the bills need a LT. could shake up the draft some. i could also see them taking pettigrew with that 28 pick.

disagree......this guy is not worth a 1 and a 4....

I agree........ Jason Peters allowed 11.5 sacks last year (in only 13 starts)........ Thats the most of any Left Tackle in the league ...... Jason Peters is good but i would not give a 1st, 4th and a 2010 draft pick.........

I agree........ Jason Peters allowed 11.5 sacks last year (in only 13 starts)........ Thats the most of any Left Tackle in the league ...... Jason Peters is good but i would not give a 1st, 4th and a 2010 draft pick.........

Yeah, he skipped all the off season practices, came in out of shape, and I think he had some injury or something in there. He gave up more sacks per game (for starters) than anyone, by a lot. He was a lot worse than even Kwame Harris, Duane Brown, Jeff Backus, or John St. Clair That's a lot to give up for someone on a down year who everyone knows doesn't want to be in Buffalo.

I laugh at anyone who thinks they know more than a perennial playoff team about player evaluation. He obviously worth it because that was his selling price.

I laugh at anyone who thinks that teams do not ever make mistakes. Just cause that was his selling price does not mean he was worth it. The Bills obviously did not want to give him a long term deal thats why he held out of training camp last year. So one team apparently did not think he was worth his asking price. Eagles just seem to be desperate. I bet if they did not have two first round picks that they would not have made that trade.

he's a probowl/all pro young tackle. they have another first rounder so it's not like they really lost anything. they're a NFC championship team so it's not like they need a million picks to build with. they don't have a lot of holes. now they have a LT that they know can play and play at a high level.

on another note now the bills need a LT. could shake up the draft some. i could also see them taking pettigrew with that 28 pick.

Better to use that pick on Boldin........

I laugh at anyone who thinks that teams do not ever make mistakes. Just cause that was his selling price does not mean he was worth it. The Bills obviously did not want to give him a long term deal thats why he held out of training camp last year. So one team apparently did not think he was worth his asking price. Eagles just seem to be desperate. I bet if they did not have two first round picks that they would not have made that trade.

Your credentials for determining it was a mistake are what again? Still laughing. :lol::lol::lol:

haha so you don't think teams overpay players or trade away too much to get them? You think teams and GM's are perfect? haha STILL LAUGHING

You credentials for knowing that a mistake was made in this case are WHAT AGAIN?

So on your side you have zero credentials and on the Iggles side they have an impressive win record. This one is going to be a tough call.... I am going to have to give it to the Iggles. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time.

Still laughing.

If they got him at a reasonable contract it would be a good deal for the Eagles. But to give up those picks, and pay him 11 million/year is a very hefty price. He has to be a perennial probowler for this to work out for the Eagles.

they're giving him a new deal. it'll make him the highest paid LT in the league. more than gross and jake long.

This was a great move for the Eagles as they were not going to find a proven pro-bowl type LT with the 28th overall pick.

Peters gave up 3.5 sacks in his first three seasons(37 games).

He was pissed at the Bills F/O and it showed in his play(missing off season w/o/Training camp).

When happy he can dominate and thats what he should do in Philly.

The Eagles already have a better 1st round pick left(21st)and another 4th rounder as well.

You credentials for knowing that a mistake was made in this case are WHAT AGAIN?

So on your side you have zero credentials and on the Iggles side they have an impressive win record. This one is going to be a tough call.... I am going to have to give it to the Iggles. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time.

Still laughing.

My credentials for believing it was a mistake are:

1) He gave up the most sacks last year

2) The Bills apparently didnt think he was worth that much because they didnt resign him to an extensions last year or this year

Why have you not answered my question? Do you or do you not think that GM's make mistakes and sometimes give up too much for a player?

How old are you kid? By your posts it seems like your 16 hahaha. "give it the giggles" "thanks for playing better luck next time" ? Are you really that immature? Can you not express your opinion without being an immature kid about it? THAT is what is funny!

My credentials for believing it was a mistake are:

1) He gave up the most sacks last year

2) The Bills apparently didnt think he was worth that much because they didnt resign him to an extensions last year or this year

Why have you not answered my question? Do you or do you not think that GM's make mistakes and sometimes give up too much for a player?

How old are you kid? By your posts it seems like your 16 hahaha. "give it the giggles" "thanks for playing better luck next time" ? Are you really that immature? Can you not express your opinion without being an immature kid about it? THAT is what is funny!

GMs do make mistakes but that does not mean this one was. I laugh at you now for thinking that either of those points are actually credentials. Do you even know what a credential is? I will give you a hint.... credentials are not looking up stats and informational tidbits to regurgitate on the internet. Are you also assuming that the Iggles just went into the trade blind? Perhaps their internet connection was down on the day of the trade talk? Is that what you think?

Or maybe just maybe they considered your very public pieces of information weighed them with everything else they knew and went forward with the trade.

So one of us thinks the Iggles might have known what they were doing and the other is arrogant enough to think he knows MORE than they do. One of us sounds younger than the other but it is not me.

Still laughing.