Who will have the better season?, Jaamal Anderson, Trey Lewis, or Stephen Nicholas.

southga08

Who will have the best season for the Falcons in 2009?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the best season for the Falcons in 2009?

• Jamaal Anderson - DE
    • Trey Lewis - DT
    • Stephen Nicholas - OLB

There is a lot of talk about what position/player we need to draft in the first round.

Instead of arguing about what player in the draft will be better, I just wanted to do a poll to see what current starter whose position we may be drafting do you think will have the best year.

(I decided not to include S or CB, because there is less known about the current best players at those positions. Although I think between Jackson, Grimes, and Hutchins one of them can step up to the plate and do a decent job at the other CB this year opposite of Houston. Decoud is still an unknown.) Everybody knows we need another safety, and it stinks that Taylor Mays, Eric Berry, and Morgan Burnette is not available this year from a Falcons standpoint.

What is your definition of the best season? If JA98 has 7 sacks, Trey Lewis has 3 sacks and like 10 TFL and we have a top 10 run D, and Nicholas has 100 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 INTs, and 3FF, who has the best season? Maybe not exactly those #'s, but U see what I'm saying?

If that is the case, I think who would have the best season would be.... the Atlanta Falcons. :P

I think it is between Nicholas and Trey Lewis. I voted Trey Lewis but I have similar confidence in Nicholas. I just think that we are going to draft a USC LB so Nicholas may still be a backup. I believe Nicholas can be good but I think they USC LB's, can be special. Mainly Cushing or my favorite, Matthews.

one of tose guys will not be a starter this year. and it could be any of them. so if they are all starters at the start of the season i would have to take JA98 he has the most exprience in this D then the other three and i think 7 sacks this year is maybe one or two off. I hope he pulls out 5 sacks this year and maybe a force fumble. It will be the year of the JA's haha

I have no idea but looking @ our DL depth, unless we add a DT/NT, we'll be hurting if Trey Lewis does not end up having the best season

YOu are right, the person that we need to step up the most in Lewis due to our lack of depth at DT, but the person that i think will step up the most is Nicholas.

I think it is between Nicholas and Trey Lewis. I voted Trey Lewis but I have similar confidence in Nicholas. I just think that we are going to draft a USC LB so Nicholas may still be a backup. I believe Nicholas can be good but I think they USC LB's, can be special. Mainly Cushing or my favorite, Matthews.

I agree with you once again GR and if we can stockpile LB's why not throw a 3-4 defense on teams so Nicholas, Matthews, Peterson, and Lofton can get out there and destroy at the same time.

to the guy who thought you couldn't compare players....the same way we rank guys in the draft, vote the nfl defensive player of the year, and so on is how you determine whether a guy has had the better year..the one who makes the most of their opportunity no matter what position it is....having said this i believe nicholas is a diamond in the rough.

This is an easy one for me its Trey Lewis he needs to be an absolute Beast for us this year for our run D to be successful if he can't tie up 2 people so the other guys can get to the QB and disrupt the opponents running game its going to be a real long year for the Falcons.

Well, Trey Lewis won't be on the pitch long enough to prove hmself any better, so that rules him out.

Jamaal, well let's be honest, he needs a miracle to be even remotely good.

So that leaves us with Stephen Nicholas. He's the only one I have any hope for.