Falcons Schedule

Falconsfan567

Hey guys I don't know about you but I was a little pissed to see that the Falcons have only 2 national tv games coming off the season we just had and with the teams like the Cowboys, Patriots, Giants, Eagles and teams in our own division that we are playing this season. So when I studied the list of national tv games and saw that the Dolphins have 4 games coming off the same type of season I got even more pissed. Then I saw where our Falcons have the exact same amount of national tv games as the Browns and Raiders I got really steamed. No other team that won at least 10 games last season has less than 3 national tv games. What this tells me is that our boys still don't have any respect and I would venture a guess that Mike Smith is smart enough to realize that we don't have any respect still and we they don't expect our team to win more than 4 or 5 games this season. That should be even more motivation for our team this season to prove that we are a team to be feared.

The national TV schedule is what it is, and it does no good to whine about something we can't change at this point in the season.

Although we had a terrific and exciting season last year, the Falcons still have not earned the respect that comes from having winning seasons back-to-back. If we continue to improve our quality of play and continue our winning ways toward the playoffs, we'll still have an opportunity to get national TV exposure via the 'flexible schedule.'

NFL will implement “flexible scheduling” Starting on Sunday, Nov. 29, through the end of the season, Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved to the Sunday night time slot on NBC. Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime.

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.

The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.

The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.

The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET.

The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.

Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.

The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.

NFL schedules all games.

Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

Although we had a terrific and exciting season last year, the Falcons still have not earned the respect that comes from having winning seasons back-to-back.

There's your reason. Historically, the Falcons coming off a great season have been a bad prime time investment.

This is definately a tough schedule, but I think we will come out on top...I'm confident we can compete with all the top-tier teams in the NFL based on our performances against the Bears, Eagles, Chargers, and a tough Tampa Bay defense last year. We have the firepower on offense to keep us in the game...if we add the right pieces in the draft, we will do fine. Indeed, on paper, it looks impossible and I was kind of upset at how we're playing those teams coming off a bye too, but as long as our guys are healthy, we will compete.

No offense but I'll never understand why anyone gives a #$#@! about how many national games we have. The ideal schedule for the best record would be nothing but Sunday afternoon games. I'm THRILLED that at least we're not hosting MNF.

Guys I was just pointing out that the NFL thinks we will blow chunks. That's what I was upset about. Not so much not having prime time games as much as the lack of respect.