Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews was involved in a "White Nation," Face Book incident

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this. Mascots used by many teams depicting Native Americans--no honor there, but it is racists. Players of all walks of life support the use of these racial images.se or even say a thing against these terible images and what they bode. Afro-Americans dressed up as so-called ¨Indians¨fighting another Afro-American person dressed up as a Dallas Cowboy on national TV, FSU and University of Illinois, MLB and on and on. The most feared atrtack helicopter in use today is called the ¨Apache¨why not call it by some other Peoples names take your pick.

Did Cush and Clay error? What about the University of Florida gators newpapers running a cartoon that basically said it was not poilitically correct to ¨kill ´Indians´ so close to ´Thanksgiving Day´.¨ What´s wrong here. Well for oen thing Thnaksgiving Day never happened and is itself a mockery of the First Nation Peoples who were all displaced from their lands by the invading white europeans and their slaves later on from Africa--The Native Tribal Peoples were the country´s first slaves not the Africans nor the Chinese or Irish.

The term ¨Indian¨is also a racist term when one considerds that theuse is for a description of a totally different People who are actually Indians from India the country ( Bollywood, Slum Dog Millionaire) rign a bell anyone. Whose wrong or whose right when everyone in the US denies the same issue when it comes to that country and the hemispheres First Peoples.

Eliminate racism altogether then we can begin addressing the issues like those found involving taseless jokes or wanton actions and special treatment by society just because someone is an athlete or police officer lets say.

I don't know how many of you live in the Southern California area (Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Costa Mesa etc.) But that's the kind of humor we, or should I say the group of friends I have hung out with and their friends, have. About every race, heck even sexual preferences and beliefs. We (again talking about friends and I) take every negative stereotype way too far because we know that racism and prejudicism (if that's a word) is ridiculously wrong and we are comfortable enough to joke around even when It's a serious subject. I moved to Huntington Beach about 7 years ago and could not believe what I was hearing at first. But as I grew older and became more affiliated with the people at school I came to realize they are all joking and just like to make light of the sitation. Granted there are some racist **** out there but the majority are mostly whole hearted kids and teenagers.

The point being that maybe, just maybe, these guys have the same humor that I grew accustomed to. After all USC is only a 20 minute drive from my house.

By the way, how many times are we going to try to get the linebackers stock to fall in this draft? Seriously, steriods.... False.

White nation..... Is a joke

What's next?

I think it's hilarious that people are trying to set this at the feet of the "black player's" actions.

Funny how this "black player" is unnamed. Unnamed sources for the win!

Or should I say USC public relations team FTW!!!

I know.... Thats dumb...... I have some white homeboys and black homeboys....... I have a homeboy thats real dark skin... we call him black... evevn my white homeboys call him black........ i also have a real lightskin friend that we call whiteboy and and a white friend that we call white chocolate (because he can hoop.... he helped us win hoop it up 2 years ago)........ My point is is a name is just a name between homeboys..... But Matthews took it wayyyyyyyyy to far if it was a joke (and im a dude that like jokes) .......Handcuffs on little black babies........ Come on man ....

I know Clay Matthews was thought of as a UDFA then but dang... dude can still care...lol.... But real talk Matthews is either raciest or really really dumb.....

I really like Clay Matthews and think that he would fit in perfectly in our scheme but this has to go down as a character concern rather the Clay Matthews fans want to admit it or not.......

I think it's hilarious that people are trying to set this at the feet of the "black player's" actions.

Funny how this "black player" is unnamed. Unnamed sources for the win!

Or should I say USC public relations team FTW!!!

It was freakin' Sedrick Ellis and nobody is putting it at his feet.

It was stupid but not racist. Everybody needs to get over themselves.

I don't know how many of you live in the Southern California area (Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Costa Mesa etc.) But that's the kind of humor we, or should I say the group of friends I have hung out with and their friends, have. About every race, heck even sexual preferences and beliefs. We (again talking about friends and I) take every negative stereotype way too far because we know that racism and prejudicism (if that's a word) is ridiculously wrong and we are comfortable enough to joke around even when It's a serious subject. I moved to Huntington Beach about 7 years ago and could not believe what I was hearing at first. But as I grew older and became more affiliated with the people at school I came to realize they are all joking and just like to make light of the sitation. Granted there are some racist **** out there but the majority are mostly whole hearted kids and teenagers.

The point being that maybe, just maybe, these guys have the same humor that I grew accustomed to. After all USC is only a 20 minute drive from my house.

By the way, how many times are we going to try to get the linebackers stock to fall in this draft? Seriously, steriods.... False.

White nation..... Is a joke

What's next?

I live down south. It is not a joke here. 3 of my grandparents were BLATANT racist. They'd tell horrible jokes at the dinner table. I found racist propoganda when cleaning out one of their homes after they died. I knew people in high school that had klansmen fathers who openly raised their children to be racists. Racism is alive and well here and it is not something you joke about. Like most of the country it is less popular to be racist now but it is still way too popular here. You and your friends can conduct yourselves however you want in private but keep in mind that what might be funny to one is not funny to all. What might not be a problem there is still a problem here.

I live down south. It is not a joke here. 3 of my grandparents were BLATANT racist. They'd tell horrible jokes at the dinner table. I found racist propoganda when cleaning out one of their homes after they died. I knew people in high school that had klansmen fathers who openly raised their children to be racists. Racism is alive and well here and it is not something you joke about. Like most of the country it is less popular to be racist now but it is still way too popular here. You and your friends can conduct yourselves however you want in private but keep in mind that what might be funny to one is not funny to all. What might not be a problem there is still a problem here.

Tell that to Jamie Foxx.

:lolI think it's a joke, but a bad one that will make them drop. I this this opens us up to draft a DT or DE though. 20 year olds make dumb decisions, and sometimes it hurts them.

Well this is old news. The only problem I see is that if a scout is on the fence about roid usage and you throw in another red flag the scale may tip out of their favor. However, since it is old news I think the scouts would have already taken this into account so I doubt their stock falls.

I really hope it is just a young and stupid thing and not a truly racist comment.

Morons? Seriously, morons? You need to re-read that piece again. It was a BLACK teammate that created that name. So, if it's a racist attitude guilty of starting this group, then it must be reverse racism, don't ya think?

Voice of reason you are not today. A black teammate may have called the group of players White Nation in the locker room and field. Like when I was growing up we had a white Kevin and black Kevin so we could tell them apart in conversations. But we said it among ourselves and in front of them.

These morons shared this with the whole world and then added offensive language and images to the site. That is way beyond the initial joke, internal or not.

That reporter in Turkey who wore blackface when he reported on Obama's visit seemed racist initial to us. I'm black by the way. But then once it was translated and was put in the context of their culture it was understood he was not being offensive.

So, VoR, you have to see the entire picture before you begin to dissect anything and make a grand point about it.