Mayocks top 5 safeties...

Mayock has William Moore as his 4th best safety. In order- Delmas, Chung, Rashad Johnson, Moore, Vaughn

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fd148f

He does give Moore credit for having the biggest upside, but like me he says he is a 4th/5th pick if only going off his senior season. The big thing for me is that Delmas is the only one of the bunch that jumps out at you when watching him. I won't be upset if we "reach" for him although I doubt we burn #24 on him.

Mayock has William Moore as his 4th best safety. In order- Delmas, Chung, Rashad Johnson, Moore, Vaughn

He does give Moore credit for having the biggest upside, but like me he says he is a 4th/5th pick if only going off his senior season. The big thing for me is that Delmas is the only one of the bunch that jumps out at you when watching him. I won't be upset if we "reach" for him although I doubt we burn #24 on him.

yep, he did say Delmas had the chance of going in the late first by a team in need of a safety....

I think Mayock's rankings are pretty spot on here. I'm a little torn over Chung and Johnson though. I have flipped on those two guys a lot recently. I guess Chung has more potential with his abilities in the box, and I think his coverage skills are a little underrated. He will never pick off a lot of balls like Johnson will, but he does get there and deflect a lot of passes. I'm not sure the combination of Johnson's size and tenacity against the run will hold up well in the NFL. In our system, I'd probably go with Johnson, but it isn't by a big margin at all...

yep, he did say Delmas had the chance of going in the late first by a team in need of a safety....

I think Mayock's rankings are pretty spot on here. I'm a little torn over Chung and Johnson though. I have flipped on those two guys a lot recently. I guess Chung has more potential with his abilities in the box, and I think his coverage skills are a little underrated. He will never pick off a lot of balls like Johnson will, but he does get there and deflect a lot of passes. I'm not sure the combination of Johnson's size and tenacity against the run will hold up well in the NFL. In our system, I'd probably go with Johnson, but it isn't by a big margin at all...

Of coures you would say his ratings are spot on, he has your boi as the top rated safety. YOu funny Gdawg :lol: , be glad that Delmas is getting all the bad rap that MJ is getting.

The thing is, you don't evaluate a player off just one year. Also, not sure if it is correct or not but I think a while back I heard he was playing hurt most of the year. That could be wrong but I could have sworn that I heard that a while back. I agree with his list order but I think there could be three to go in the second.

I want William Moore... I think he will be a very good C2 safety, no matter what anyone says about his coverage...

Moore will be very good with some coaching. He has his weight down to a good size and wont be asked to play in the box like in his senior season of college. If allowed to roam the backfield, i see him doing a lot of damage. Turnovers are crucial to any defense, and he is one guy who can capitalize on badly thrown balls and a decent pass rush. Also very, very good in run support...