our defense

hotrodburna

I just wanted to know how you guys feel about going into next season with Houston and possibly hutchins as our starting cb's and Coleman and a question mark at SS, looking at our schedule I'm scared because a good passrush can hide coverage issues, but besides Abraham we have none. All of these mocks have us picking up TE's with our first I say we repair this defense 1st then look at offense in our later picks our just pull the trigger on Gonzo with our 3rd and use our first 2 picks to address our secondary and passrush. Because that bend but don't break mess aint gonna work against good teams.

My offseason plan;

Trade our 3rd and a conditional for Gonzo

Sign Ken Lucas

Sign Roy Williams (Hey he's ok in coverage but we have our coverage safety in Coleman we need Roy for the run)

Draft

1st-Vonte Davis

2nd-Connor Baldwin

I think we should draft a CB even though I am anxious to see how well Hutchins does. I really cant evaluate the guy! Fox sports actually has a depth chart with Decoud as our starting SS and Coleman as our FS. Should that be switched because of DeCoud einexperience?? I trust the FO to make the right moves. There are plenty of quality TE in this years draft to waste the first round pick on Pettigrew! We should definitely use that pick on the D-line or Secondary. If we spend it on A CB I wouldnt be mad at all.

I wasn't comfortable going into last season either with our CB situation. End result ... we don't have a 7th round pick this draft.

It would not hurt my feelings if the falcons selected CB Darius Butler in the 1st round if available.

Agreed. I want us to take a corner in the first. i know it might not be the BIGGEST need, but its up there. we need a starter across from Houston and this Draft has so many good corners that are first round prospects, that one stud will fall to 24 and that will be the best value pick we can make.

I just wanted to know how you guys feel about going into next season with Houston and possibly hutchins as our starting cb's and Coleman and a question mark at SS, looking at our schedule I'm scared because a good passrush can hide coverage issues, but besides Abraham we have none. All of these mocks have us picking up TE's with our first I say we repair this defense 1st then look at offense in our later picks our just pull the trigger on Gonzo with our 3rd and use our first 2 picks to address our secondary and passrush. Because that bend but don't break mess aint gonna work against good teams.

My offseason plan;

Trade our 3rd and a conditional for Gonzo

Sign Ken Lucas

Sign Roy Williams (Hey he's ok in coverage but we have our coverage safety in Coleman we need Roy for the run)

Draft

1st-Vonte Davis

2nd-Connor Baldwin

say no to gonzo

Ken Lucas i wouldnt mind but we can do better in the draft

Decoud > Williams

Vontae wont fall that far, even with his off field issues and i'd rather have Darius Butler

i have Connor Barwin* in mine too he's an animal

I think we should draft a CB even though I am anxious to see how well Hutchins does. I really cant evaluate the guy! Fox sports actually has a depth chart with Decoud as our starting SS and Coleman as our FS. Should that be switched because of DeCoud einexperience?? I trust the FO to make the right moves. There are plenty of quality TE in this years draft to waste the first round pick on Pettigrew! We should definitely use that pick on the D-line or Secondary. If we spend it on A CB I wouldnt be mad at all.

Getting Pettigrew would not be a waste. The guy is a stud even though we have greater needs than TE.

Getting Pettigrew would not be a waste. The guy is a stud even though we have greater needs than TE.

He not a waste from the standpoint of being a good player. He is a waste of a 1st round pick based on the needs of our team. Our offense was great last year without the guy. IMO the tandem of Harstock and Peele would suffice. We let other teams catch up to us and that is why we almost lost the Chicago game. We were first in the league in First half or firstquarter scoring llast year with our TEs. Peele made some fantastic plays last year. If we couldve stopped teams from scoring on certain drives then I dont see us pursuing a TE as much as some want. Pettigrew is definitely a beast though!!

He not a waste from the standpoint of being a good player. He is a waste of a 1st round pick based on the needs of our team. Our offense was great last year without the guy. IMO the tandem of Harstock and Peele would suffice. We let other teams catch up to us and that is why we almost lost the Chicago game. We were first in the league in First half or firstquarter scoring llast year with our TEs. Peele made some fantastic plays last year. If we couldve stopped teams from scoring on certain drives then I dont see us pursuing a TE as much as some want. Pettigrew is definitely a beast though!!

I am glad that is your opinion and all but all indications point to us getting a high talent TE either in the draft or in a trade.

I am glad that is your opinion and all but all indications point to us getting a high talent TE either in the draft or in a trade.

I mean truthfully Harstock is the blocker and Peele is the reciever. It would be definitely nice to have a Hybrid and ther are alot of quality TEs in this years draft. I just doont think we should spend the 1st pick on a TE when there will be plenty more TE to choose from and there are defensive studs that we desperately need. We can put up alot of points but so would the opposition!