Dahl just signed a one year tender

Ghost Rider

Unrestricted free agnet guard Harvey Dahl signed a one-year tender offer with the Falcons, the club announced Thursday.

Dahl, who started all 16 games last season, could have signed an offer sheet with another team during the free agency period but the Falcons would have had the right to match that offer to keep him in Atlanta. The team would also receive a second-round pick as compensation if Dahl signed with another team.

The three-year veteran now goes off the restricted free agency market. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2009 season.

With Dahl’s help, the Falcons finished second in the NFL in rushing (152.7 yards per game) in 2008. Running back Michael Turner had the best season of his career, rushing for 1,699 yards and a franchise-record 17 touchdowns.

Dahl was also part of an offensive line that allowed a record-low 17 sacks.

We are doomed. What is TD thinking? What happened to building through the draft? I wanted to get so an so from my favorite college team.

Just kidding. I just wanted to be the first one to act all hysterical over a non-issue. It seems to be all the rage these days.

Good signing.

We are doomed. What is TD thinking? What happened to building through the draft? I wanted to get so an so from my favorite college team.

Just kidding. I just wanted to be the first one to act all hysterical over a non-issue. It seems to be all the rage these days.

Good signing.

That was funny. I really want to keep all these guys together. I hope we sign Clabo and Dahl to long term contracts before next off season. We need to draft a center either this year or next. Depends on how this McClure thing works out.

That was funny. I really want to keep all these guys together. I hope we sign Clabo and Dahl to long term contracts before next off season. We need to draft a center either this year or next. Depends on how this McClure thing works out.

Yep... keep them together and establish some depth so they are not so tired by the end of the year.

Clabo is in the same boat as Dahl too, i think? right? he signed 1 year tender also, hope we resign the Nasty Boys for 5+years.

He is in the same boat but I don't think he has signed a tender yet. We put a 2nd round tender on him but he, I don't believe, has signed yet. I'm assuming he will. It would cost a team a second rounder to sign him plus we have first option to match anything he signs. I want to see them both get signed long term sometime before the end of next season.

Unrestricted free agnet guard Harvey Dahl signed a one-year tender offer with the Falcons, the club announced Thursday.

Dahl, who started all 16 games last season, could have signed an offer sheet with another team during the free agency period but the Falcons would have had the right to match that offer to keep him in Atlanta. The team would also receive a second-round pick as compensation if Dahl signed with another team.

The three-year veteran now goes off the restricted free agency market. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2009 season.

With Dahl’s help, the Falcons finished second in the NFL in rushing (152.7 yards per game) in 2008. Running back Michael Turner had the best season of his career, rushing for 1,699 yards and a franchise-record 17 touchdowns.

this is a nice move. I really like the dude and from wut ive seen they should give him a long term contract

Actually, because of the collective bargaining agreement running out, you have to have 6 years of service in the league in order to become and unrestricted free agent...so the falcons will have restricted free agent rights to Dahl and other players with less than 6 years of service...it's complicated but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

Actually, because of the collective bargaining agreement running out, you have to have 6 years of service in the league in order to become and unrestricted free agent...so the falcons will have restricted free agent rights to Dahl and other players with less than 6 years of service...it's complicated but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

I always thought it was 5 years before they could become a UFA. Not sure how it works now but the article was saying he will be one next year. It was from the AJC so they could be wrong. I'm not totally for sure if it is different because he was signed as an UFA. I'm really not sure on this one.

I always thought it was 5 years before they could become a UFA. Not sure how it works now but the article was saying he will be one next year. It was from the AJC so they could be wrong. I'm not totally for sure if it is different because he was signed as an UFA. I'm really not sure on this one.

Yea it's gonna get really confused (I highly doubt the AJC knows anything about it). I've just read a lot of articles about how guys who are/were scheduled to become unrestricted free agents next year will be restricted unless a new collective bargaining agreement is reached.

Good. I'm still on the fence about him. He leaked some holes in Ryan's face last year.

Gives us another year to check him out and a nice cut clause to send him packing if he chokes against all the good defenses we play this year. Good work TD. Keep it up.

No it is six, but like you, I am not sure how it works with the undrafted FAs.