Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

southga08

Tailgating concerns and wants for the new stadium

11 posts in this topic

My only request for the new stadium is that there needs to be way more parking than there is now. I want the tailgating factor to be a strong decision in building the new stadium. Right now people are parked all over the place in a million different lots (with many leaving you wondering if your car is going to missing its stereo when you get back, LOL). I would love for the parking to circle the stadium where you can have a good view of the stadium from almost anywhere.

The best examples of this right now are Arrowhead Stadium and Ralph Wilson stadium in Kansas City and Buffalo, respectively.

BTW they were also named the best two places to tailgate in the NFL by a recent ESPN article.

Here are the stadiums from an overhead view. Tons are parking all right around the stadium. Would encourage a much better home atmosphere. Also these stadiums allow RVs to come days in advance (in special bus lots). This encourages more a college football like atmosphere. (People showing up 2 days before the game and tailgating.) All across the SEC and Nascar fans do this, the Falcons are in the heart of this country and should take advantage of this marketing strategy.

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...=16&iwloc=A>

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...=16&iwloc=A>

I wonder how much land in terms of acres would the Falcons need to have a setup like this. Surely some of those 200 acre plots mentioned in the article would be enough.

My only request for the new stadium is that there needs to be way more parking than there is now. I want the tailgating factor to be a strong decision in building the new stadium. Right now people are parked all over the place in a million different lots (with many leaving you wondering if your car is going to missing its stereo when you get back, LOL). I would love for the parking to circle the stadium where you can have a good view of the stadium from almost anywhere.

The best examples of this right now are Arrowhead Stadium and Ralph Wilson stadium in Kansas City and Buffalo, respectively.

BTW they were also named the best two places to tailgate in the NFL by a recent ESPN article.

Here are the stadiums from an overhead view. Tons are parking all right around the stadium. Would encourage a much better home atmosphere. Also these stadiums allow RVs to come days in advance (in special bus lots). This encourages more a college football like atmosphere. (People showing up 2 days before the game and tailgating.) All across the SEC and Nascar fans do this, the Falcons are in the heart of this country and should take advantage of this marketing strategy.

I wonder how much land in terms of acres would the Falcons need to have a setup like this. Surely some of those 200 acre plots mentioned in the article would be enough.

Im glad to see that someone has been to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. I was there about 4 years ago when the Falcons got beat down. You painted a good picture of how the stadium is set up with parking going around the stadium 360 degrees. I agree that the Falcons parking is scattered through out the downtown area. I've been a season ticket holder for 5 years and I have never had my car broken into and I've parked in 2 different lots so far. Both of the lots I have parked in had security. So I'm not sure where you are parking in Atlanta...

Now back to Kansas City. You failed to mention the traffic getting into that 1 massive parking lot at 10:00am, not to mention the nightmare getting out. The parking is 1st come 1st serve, thats why you see so many Flags flying high. That is how you find your tailgate crew and if your parked on the other side of the stadium good luck walking.

Atlanta has 2 lots assigned for RV's. The Yellow Marshall Lot allows overnight parking for only $35 dollars and its a RV lot on Northside and Magnolia for $100. So Atlanta does have the same parking as Arrowhead. The beauty of Atlanta is GRASS, we have the option to Tailgate on grass, gravel or concrete and our lots are bigger. We normally tailgate in a lot near the gate we enter the stadium and whatever lot you tailgate in determines what exit route you take to get home.

These stadiums were named best because they all tailgate in one massive parking lot and because the city doesn't have any other activites going on so FOOTBALL is the only event during the week. I wouldn't put these two teams in front of ATLANTA when it comes to tailgating.. As long as we have an area to tailgate it doesn't matter.

Im glad to see that someone has been to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. I was there about 4 years ago when the Falcons got beat down. You painted a good picture of how the stadium is set up with parking going around the stadium 360 degrees. I agree that the Falcons parking is scattered through out the downtown area. I've been a season ticket holder for 5 years and I have never had my car broken into and I've parked in 2 different lots so far. Both of the lots I have parked in had security. So I'm not sure where you are parking in Atlanta...

Now back to Kansas City. You failed to mention the traffic getting into that 1 massive parking lot at 10:00am, not to mention the nightmare getting out. The parking is 1st come 1st serve, thats why you see so many Flags flying high. That is how you find your tailgate crew and if your parked on the other side of the stadium good luck walking.

Atlanta has 2 lots assigned for RV's. The Yellow Marshall Lot allows overnight parking for only $35 dollars and its a RV lot on Northside and Magnolia for $100. So Atlanta does have the same parking as Arrowhead. The beauty of Atlanta is GRASS, we have the option to Tailgate on grass, gravel or concrete and our lots are bigger. We normally tailgate in a lot near the gate we enter the stadium and whatever lot you tailgate in determines what exit route you take to get home.

These stadiums were named best because they all tailgate in one massive parking lot and because the city doesn't have any other activites going on so FOOTBALL is the only event during the week. I wouldn't put these two teams in front of ATLANTA when it comes to tailgating.. As long as we have an area to tailgate it doesn't matter.

Good point about the grass areas. Tailgating on grass and dirt is much better in my opinion than concrete, I didn't think about that.

There could be a happy medium between the two. Have the parking lots in the same shape around the stadium as Kansas City and Buffalo, but have them seperated into different lots, with several of the lots being grass (I think Tampa Bay has a large grass area you can park in right by the stadium).

You still get the togetherness of Arrowhead, with a fantastic view of the stadium from your tailgating location, but with the lots divided up in a better way where traffic can enter from all 4 corners you can get better traffic. And with huge grass lots in some of the areas you can have that option as well if you like that.

Having the parking really close to the stadium like Arrowhead and in a 'circle' makes everyone's walking distance to their seats from the car much shorter also.

Good point about the grass areas. Tailgating on grass and dirt is much better in my opinion than concrete, I didn't think about that.

There could be a happy medium between the two. Have the parking lots in the same shape around the stadium as Kansas City and Buffalo, but have them seperated into different lots, with several of the lots being grass (I think Tampa Bay has a large grass area you can park in right by the stadium).

You still get the togetherness of Arrowhead, with a fantastic view of the stadium from your tailgating location, but with the lots divided up in a better way where traffic can enter from all 4 corners you can get better traffic. And with huge grass lots in some of the areas you can have that option as well if you like that.

Having the parking really close to the stadium like Arrowhead and in a 'circle' makes everyone's walking distance to their seats from the car much shorter also.

Your right again, Raymond James Stadium has Grass Lots and Gravel lots and the good thing about there parking is the PRICE... All of the lots are the same price, if I remember correctly its $25 or $35. Not to mention there parking is really close to the stadium. Miami has a really cool set up for tailgating. Just imagine a regular parking lot, they created a mini alley behind your car so you can tailgate. Now there lots are spread out really far from the stadium...

Carolina ... They don't even start tailgating until 11am...

Jacksonville has a very week tailgate also, most of there lots are grass. It's so hot I don't know how they do it game after game... Only plus is the view of the river that runs behind the stadium.

New Orleans.... Bourbon Street is the Tailgate...

I'm going to Dallas this year so I will give you the scoop when I get back.

I think we have a very unique tailgate situation here in Atlanta... You always hear about the "People under the bridge", Orange Lot, Yellow Lot, Northside etc... Each tailgate lot has it's own flavor, so you just have to find the parking lot that benifits you. I tailgate in the Yellow lot myself, plenty of bathrooms, security, good space, a little walk not to bad, but overall it's only $8 per game....

I would like to see tailgating on a larger scale as well.. Normally, I'm on top of my parking deck tailgaiting.. I've been a few times over to the Budweiser Tent and tailgated.. Thats a lot of fun. It'd be nice to just have thousands of people tailgating in one parking lot!

I would like to see tailgating on a larger scale as well.. Normally, I'm on top of my parking deck tailgaiting.. I've been a few times over to the Budweiser Tent and tailgated.. Thats a lot of fun. It'd be nice to just have thousands of people tailgating in one parking lot!

Yep. They don't have to conslidate the lots to one parking lot. Each lot can still have its own flavor (i.e. grass vs. concrete.) But at least get it down to 8 lots (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, and NW.) or 2 lots (one inner lot with concrete and one huge outer lot with grass.)

99% of the people should be able to see the stadium in plain view from where they are parking and tailgating from.

And with a better planned parking area liked I have described the people who parked the furthest out will have their walking distance to the stadium come down signifigantly compared to the current parking design.

Yep. They don't have to conslidate the lots to one parking lot. Each lot can still have its own flavor (i.e. grass vs. concrete.) But at least get it down to 8 lots (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, and NW.) or 2 lots (one inner lot with concrete and one huge outer lot with grass.)

99% of the people should be able to see the stadium in plain view from where they are parking and tailgating from.

And with a better planned parking area liked I have described the people who parked the furthest out will have their walking distance to the stadium come down signifigantly compared to the current parking design.

Yeah I park in a parking deck on walton and cone.. Trust me I can't see the dome. Its not that bad of a walk. I've rarely even seen other falcon fans tailgating up there.. Kinda stinks, but I guess thats what you get in a parking deck.

Yeah I park in a parking deck on walton and cone.. Trust me I can't see the dome. Its not that bad of a walk. I've rarely even seen other falcon fans tailgating up there.. Kinda stinks, but I guess thats what you get in a parking deck.

Thats different, I've never seen folks tailgating in a parking deck... I think folks that don't tailgate, think were crazy getting up early coming to a game. In my opinion, your crazy if you drive to the game and you don't tailgate or have a few drinks before you go inside. Watching people get off the train and go inside to stand in line for a $5 hotdog and $7 beer is just crazy....After a good tailgate I have no need to buy anything becaue I know after the game Im going back out and finish the beer left in the cooler and finish eating the leftover food.

TAILGATING BEFORE AND AFTER A GAME IS PRICELESS.

Thats different, I've never seen folks tailgating in a parking deck... I think folks that don't tailgate, think were crazy getting up early coming to a game. In my opinion, your crazy if you drive to the game and you don't tailgate or have a few drinks before you go inside. Watching people get off the train and go inside to stand in line for a $5 hotdog and $7 beer is just crazy....After a good tailgate I have no need to buy anything becaue I know after the game Im going back out and finish the beer left in the cooler and finish eating the leftover food.

TAILGATING BEFORE AND AFTER A GAME IS PRICELESS.

Amen

We are Str8 crazy die hard Falcons Fan that's why we arrive early and stay late....being that the FALCOHOLICS are season ticket holders it's imperative that we TAILGATE long and hard...you can come eat and drink all you want with us for a donation of $20.00...Patron to Beer Brats we have it all...come check out the Dre' and Dipper morning show you want be dissappointed. GWH I'm taking the flag to the LAKE this wknd and will mount it to my RV then JetSki as I ride the waves.

We are Str8 crazy die hard Falcons Fan that's why we arrive early and stay late....being that the FALCOHOLICS are season ticket holders it's imperative that we TAILGATE long and hard...you can come eat and drink all you want with us for a donation of $20.00...Patron to Beer Brats we have it all...come check out the Dre' and Dipper morning show you want be dissappointed. GWH I'm taking the flag to the LAKE this wknd and will mount it to my RV then JetSki as I ride the waves.

thats cool just make sure its there day 1 !!! hey how long after the game do you tailgate for? we always hit up one of the near by bars after the game and by the time we start heading back most tailgates are done. But you're right its important to do the pre AND post game thing. make the whole thing last 12+ hours!