WR Boldin for Falcon's C McClure and #24

iDash

QUOTE (bertr9 @ Apr 16 2009, 01:15 PM)

. As a fan you can't blame them since they have another up and coming receiver in Breaston. But as a player I'd be pissed.

---

With Wr Breaston, they probably wouldnt even want a wr in the deal then.

What do they need?

I heard they have one of the worst centers in the game,

Currently, Falcon C McClure is Bitching about his only 1.4 million!

We give them C McClure(3rd), who is awesome, and our #24 = Arizona 1st and 3rd they are asking

Pro Bowler WR (x2)

Bolden, White, Jenkins , Douglass, and Finn for Matt Ryan to Throw too!

Then, Add TE Cook(2nd) or Nelson(3rd) in the Draft.

Matt Ryan would Rule the World!

PS-

In the Draft,

1-24,

there isnt a Player near Wr Boldins Level!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it as soon as it is announced that someone is up for trade or has been released someone starts a thread to get them? I am all for upgrades when it makes sense but haven't you ever heard of the expression "dance with the one that brought you"?

We had a winning season last year. While our offense does still need some work why would we want to drastically alter the chemistry?

Besides that you are going to make Theyhateme die a little inside over this thread.

Boldin =#1 WR

Jenkins=#2 WR

What else Would we have to package to get Boldin Here?

Bolden would get to be close to home too!

I love Boldin and he is arguably their best receiver. Y'all can call me crazy if ya want. All that being said, it would cost way to much to get him here. It would probably cost Jenkins and maybe a first and 3rd. It might cost more. Dude is very good. And for the guy that says Jenkins is better, you should try watching other teams sometime. They aren't even close. Boldin is better than any receiver we have and Jenkins isn't even our best receiver. Too much to give up[ to go get him though. I'd rather give the second for Gonzo.

Negative, I really like Boldins production as a WR but I could care less for his attitude.

Guy just played in a SB and is still not happy.It is not Larry Fitzgeralds fault that he is the superior receiver . . .

Fitz hasn't been a superior receiver with exception to this year when Boldin missed a few games due to a broken face. I'm starting to get the idea that you guys haven't seen him play much. Dude broke the rookie record with over 100 catches. Dude is a beast and is at least as good as Fitz. And that argument has been made by people other than just me. And what attitude are you talking about? Do you even know?

Fitz hasn't been a superior receiver with exception to this year when Boldin missed a few games due to a broken face. I'm starting to get the idea that you guys haven't seen him play much. Dude broke the rookie record with over 100 catches. Dude is a beast and is at least as good as Fitz. And that argument has been made by people other than just me. And what attitude are you talking about? Do you even know?

What are you talking about? 3 of the last 4 years Fitz has outplayed him.

I agree with you on the attitude part though. Too many people read fantasy sports news are that 100% opinion and they take it as fact.

Boldin wants to be the # 1 receiver on a team. Period.

I doubt we move Roddy, as well has he had done for us on the right side.

No offense to Roddy but Boldin is better. Roddy is a lot faster but Boldin is bigger, stronger and more reliable. And he has never made that argument about being a number one because he and Fitz are both number ones. His ONLY argument is he deserves to get paid as a top receiver which he is. When Fitz signed his contract is was argued by some that he wasn't even their best receiver. I somewhat agree but it's hard to argue against either guy.

I don't remember him ever saying that.

He lost his job to Larry Fitz, who gets paid more as well.

If he doesn't want to be number 2 to one of the top 3 receivers in the league, do you think he wants to be number 2 to anybody?

There are plenty of teams in this league who don't have good receivers on EITHER side of the field.

He could cash in just about anywhere.

He lost his job to Larry Fitz, who gets paid more as well.

If he doesn't want to be number 2 to one of the top 3 receivers in the league, do you think he wants to be number 2 to anybody?

There are plenty of teams in this league who don't have good receivers on EITHER side of the field.

He could cash in just about anywhere.

Who said he doesn't want to be #2? When did he ever say that? You're twisting his words.

He wants to get paid just like every other player in the league. I don't believe he ever said he wanted more than larry got either.

What are you talking about? 3 of the last 4 years Fitz has outplayed him.

I agree with you on the attitude part though. Too many people read fantasy sports news are that 100% opinion and they take it as fact.

Not by a lot though. Out of the 5 season's they played together Fitz only outplayed him three times and last year was very close in all catergories except yards but like I said, Boldin missed 3 or 4 games with a broken face. Here are there numbers year by year. First Boldin by himself as a rookie in '03: 101 rec. 1377 yds and 8 tds.

'04: Boldin had 56 catches for 623 yds and 1 td while being hurt and missing 6 games therefore allowing Fitz to outplay him with 58 catches for 780 yds and 8 tds.

'05: Boldin played in 14 games and had 102 rec. for 1402 yds and 7tds which is right there with Fitz's 16 game performance of 103 rec for 1409 yds and 10 tds. Boldin basically put up the exact same numbers as Fitz did in 16 games. I give the edge to Boldin.

'06: Boldin played in all 16 games and had 83 rec for 1203 yds and 4 tds which was far more than Fitz's 69 rec for 946 yds and and impressive 10 tds again.

'07: Boldin played in 12 games and had 71 rec for 853 yds and 9 tds while Fitz played 16 and had 100 rec for 1409 yds and 10 tds.

'08: Boldin played in 12 games had 89 rec for 1038 yds and 11 yds which is close to Fitz's 16 game total of 96 rec for 1431 yds and 12 tds. Boldin was on pace to have a better year than Fitz again. The only thing you can say is that Fitz never gets hurt while Boldin gets hurt a lot but wehile they are on the field, Boldin puts up the same if not better numbers. Case closed.

As far as I understand Boldin is not much of a run blocker. Jenkins is doing a nice job as the number two reciever and he is as good as any reciever in football at blocking downfield. I'm happy with Jenkins.

They don't have to run block a lot over there but he is way more physical than Jenkins. Jenkins is a heck of a blocker but so is Boldin.

Who said he doesn't want to be #2? When did he ever say that? You're twisting his words.

He wants to get paid just like every other player in the league. I don't believe he ever said he wanted more than larry got either.

You are 100% correct. Boldin has never not once even brought Fitz's name up in his argument. BTW, he never lost his job to Fitz. They are both number ones and as my stats I posted earlier stats, he puts up the same type numbers as Fitz and sometimes better. He just has to stay healthy but he plays so physical that he puts himself in harms way a bunch. Your right though, he never even asked for more than Fitz he just wants to be paid more like what he's worth. His contract is ridiculous and his agent should be fired for getting him stuck in that deal.

They don't have to run block a lot over there but he is way more physical than Jenkins. Jenkins is a heck of a blocker but so is Boldin.

here is proof he can block

OH my gosh, look at the post right above yours, we posted identical word for word comments at the same time. That's scary. lol.

I think he is being paid like other players in the league. His 08 base salary was higher than guys like Fitz, Randy Moss, TO, and Plax. His base was within $500,000 of TJ Whosyourmomma, Ocho Cinco, Andre Johnson, & Donald Driver.

The big thing is, it's been 3 seasons since Boldin received his last big bonus for resigning a contract, so he sees these other guys who are within a year of their contracts expiring signing & getting a big bonus & he's jealous. So he starts crying about a new deal even though he had more than 2 years left on his.