Harry Douglas "great read"

chazbykr

The player whom skeptics said was too small -- he's 5 feet 11 and 171 pounds -- danced around the field to catch 23 passes, contributing receptions in 10 games.

He ran the ball another dozen times for 69 yards. He caught one touchdown pass against the Chargers and ran for another score against the Panthers. Add another touchdown on a 61-yard punt return against the Panthers, and Douglas showed what a triple threat he can be.

Favorite part of the article, thx for posting. Good think he didn't choose basketball :lol:

Oh noes! but our best #4 or #5 receiver in the world is gone now! we are doomed!

Good read and I really like H.Douglas.I don't think it was ever our receivers fault for their below average production though.Funny how when Vick is gone that Leftwich, Redman, Harrington and Ryan all really got the receivers involved.

Roddy had a great year in 07 without Ryan and an even better year with Ryan in 08.We have had a great receiving core but lacked the QB to make the right throws and reads to get them involved and motivated.

Oh noes! but our best #4 or #5 receiver in the world is gone now! we are doomed!

Good read and I really like H.Douglas.I don't think it was ever our receivers fault for their below average production though.Funny how when Vick is gone that Leftwich, Redman, Harrington and Ryan all really got the receivers involved.

Roddy had a great year in 07 without Ryan and an even better year with Ryan in 08.We have had a great receiving core but lacked the QB to make the right throws and reads to get them involved and motivated.

Agree totally

I'd like to see Harry take Jenkins spot. Nothing against Jenkins, I just think Douglas is better. If he stays in the slot, I hope the Falcons go no huddle a lot this year so HD gets a lot more time on the field. And Ok, I admit it, he's a friend of mine, I am biased.

Agree totally

It's not that simple. True, Vick didn't put in the time it takes to get in sync with his wide-outs, and didn't work on his accuracy enough, but at the same time, Roddy and Jenkins simply weren't as good back then. Roddy has even admitted he didn't work hard, and credited Petrino and Joe Horn for teaching him the right way to do things.

Additionally, we abandoned the zone blocking scheme, which sucks for a passing game usually. Underweight linemen is a no-no for having a top flight passing game.

And concerning this year, our O-line coaching has been better, and we have a QB that drops back very fast, and has mastered throwing the ball while being hit.

It's not that simple. True, Vick didn't put in the time it takes to get in sync with his wide-outs, and didn't work on his accuracy enough, but at the same time, Roddy and Jenkins simply weren't as good back then. Roddy has even admitted he didn't work hard, and credited Petrino and Joe Horn for teaching him the right way to do things.

Additionally, we abandoned the zone blocking scheme, which sucks for a passing game usually. Underweight linemen is a no-no for having a top flight passing game.

And concerning this year, our O-line coaching has been better, and we have a QB that drops back very fast, and has mastered throwing the ball while being hit.

Exactly...let's not forget a running game equivalent to that of a powder puff team too.