my little boy 6months in childrens hospital

My liitle boy has had the worst first Easter

He stopped eating and got dehydrated

Had a high fever of 103.7

He was admitted on friday before Easter

The doctors put a scalp I.V. on him because he was so dehydrated

After doing so many tests the doctors can't figure what is causing his discomfort

They E-Vac'd him to the Children's Hospital

He must have 15 needle marks by now

They diagnosed him to have Viral Menigitis or Bacterial Menigitis

He is only 6 months and I need every prayer I can get.

Yesterday he had a central line put in his leg so he wouldn't have to bear anymore needles

This is emotionally draining on us.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After doing so many tests the doctors can't figure what is causing his discomfort

Yesterday he had a central line put in his leg so he wouldn't have to bear anymore needles

I am so sorry to hear this, I hope he gets well very soon. Don't worry, the people at the Children's Hospital will take very good care of him, you have no worries. Just keep your head up and hope for the best.

wow talking about getting ram rod. Hope the little guy gets better. VM and BM is easily one the worst dx you can get at that age. When did they start the treatment for him? A infant is resentfully strong when It comes a to diseases and a few viruses. It does sound like the docs are on top of things now and you just got to wait it out. Take turns going home to get sleep and etc.

I'm so sorry, and I will pray for you and your son's speedy recovery.

About six months after my daughter's birth, she exhibited similar symptoms. they had to take blood from her and put in an IV, I'll never forget when they took her blood. Several nurses crowded around her to hold her down and all her limbs perfectly still, through a small opening between two of the nurses she (my daughter) met me eye to eye, her's were full of shock and fear, and she seemed to be saying "aren't you going to help me with all these strangers ganging up on me".....I swear the thought of that moment almost makes me cry now. I have an idea of what you are going through, but the good news is that they were able to treat her illness and she is now flourishing, as will your son very soon. The Children's Hospital is very adept and kind in their treatments, all will be fine. Stay strong and positive.

Guest Gritz

Many prayers to you and your son.........

When my daughter was about 16 months old she got a high fever and started having seizures. Her heart momentarily stopped in the back of an ambulance on the way to Scottish Rite......My wife and I stayed there for almost a week while they worked on her and came up with a diagnosis and treatment plan.

It all turned out fine and I believe your situation will too.

Take care of yourself.

Keep us updated on everything okay?

Man this is heartbreaking to read :(. Anyone that has children knows how helpless you can feel when your child is sick and it sounds pretty serious. I pray that God blesses the hands of the physicians involved and they can bring forward a full recovery for your little man. Keep your faith strong..I don't know you, but I will seriously keep you in my prayers.

Prayers ascend. I can offer you no comfort other than that he is in the hands of the best medical providers in this state. My daughter was at CHOA for suspected meningitis (we were lucky - she was just running a high fever from some little infection). They are outstanding.

He is also in the hands of a loving God. Prayers ascend before His throne for your son's health and healing.