Draft 2008-----------How truly lucky we were!

Flayko247

For those of you have NFL Network, I'm sure you've seen the commercial for the 2009 Draft which features Matt Ryan hundreds of times. I never get tired of seeing him walk on stage with the Falcons cap on, giving the thumbs up!!

There's one commercial which shows Jake Long, then Chris Long, followed by Matt Ryan approaching the stage and it brought something to my attention that I had overlooked before.

How fortunate (or lucky) were we to win that coin flip in order to receive the 3rd overall pick?? I honestly believe if the Chiefs had won, they would have chosen Ryan and all the draft "experts" on this board would have gotten their wishes and we would probably have drated Dorsey.

Some might argue that the Chiefs would not have drafted Ryan but, c'mon............you don't honestly think Brodie Croyle, Ingle Martin, or Tyler Thigpen is the answer????

Of course not, that's why they traded for Matt Cassell!!!

Just thought how fortunate we were to win that coin flip situation and am very thankful that HE (RYAN) LIVES IN ATLANTA!!!!!!

I heard a very convincing argument that Herm Edwards really liked Matt, and would have worked hard with the GM to draft him, because a young QB can buy a coach and GM at least an extra year or two if he shows promise, even in limited snaps, and it was doubtful that if he didn't have a winning season, those two could stay on, unless they had some "hope" for the future, like Matt Ryan.

For those of you have NFL Network, I'm sure you've seen the commercial for the 2009 Draft which features Matt Ryan hundreds of times. I never get tired of seeing him walk on stage with the Falcons cap on, giving the thumbs up!!

There's one commercial which shows Jake Long, then Chris Long, followed by Matt Ryan approaching the stage and it brought something to my attention that I had overlooked before.

How fortunate (or lucky) were we to win that coin flip in order to receive the 3rd overall pick?? I honestly believe if the Chiefs had won, they would have chosen Ryan and all the draft "experts" on this board would have gotten their wishes and we would probably have drated Dorsey.

Some might argue that the Chiefs would not have drafted Ryan but, c'mon............you don't honestly think Brodie Croyle, Ingle Martin, or Tyler Thigpen is the answer????

Of course not, that's why they traded for Matt Cassell!!!

Just thought how fortunate we were to win that coin flip situation and am very thankful that HE (RYAN) LIVES IN ATLANTA!!!!!!

Man i see that commercial almost everyday

Nope, If the Chiefs had won the toss......Matt Ryan would have been a Baltimore Raven because he was there first choice over Flacco. Word is that they tried to trade up with the Rams to get a head of Atlanta but it didnt work out. I bet the Chiefs would have traded back and either still got Dorsey or Picked Sedric Ellis..........