Trade Down Scenario for Falcons

g-dawg

First, I have to assume the Falcons can find a dance partner. Right now, its looking more and more like the Cleveland Browns will trade Braylon Edwards on draft day and if they do and Aaron Curry is off the board - they could take Michael Crabtree at #5 overall. If that is the case, Browns still want to target a pass rushing outside linebacker like Clay Matthews or Larry English and might want to move up with the Falcons possibly to do it........that is my premise - however stupid and unlikely it may be (flame on).........anyway, I have to make some crap up! B)

Anyway, to bring some kind of realism to it, I consulted the draft chart - Falcons want to get one extra starter by trading down - here would be the scenario:

Falcons Trade:

1-024) 740 points

3-090) 140 points

5-138) 37 points

6-176) 21 points

Total points traded = 938

Browns Trade:

2-036) 540 points

2-050) 400 points

Total points traded = 940

Well that is "close enough".........

Falcons picks after the trade:

2-036)

2-050)

2-055)

4-125)

5-143)

G-Dawg's picks are as follows:

2-036) Evander Hood, DT-Missouri - this is Falcons #1 need and now the pick meets the value whereas if we drafted Hood at 24th overall it might be slightly reaching - I would take Hood at 24 but if Dimitroff thinks he could drop down and still get his man - I think he could - then do it.

2-050) Clint Sintim, OLB-Virginia - I like Sintim's skill set because he is stout versus the run and also has top-notch pass rushing skills with a non-stop motor - bottom-line, this guy is a tough butt-kicker.

2-055) Sean Smith, CB/SS-Utah - this guy is an athletic marvel at 6'3" and 214lbs - he can cover and lay the wood - i think this guy will be more of a safety but can play corner if needed as well. freaky good but drops because of "tweener status" - I don't care, the guy can play.

4-125) Chase Coffman, TE-Missouri - due to injury concern, lack of 40 time and playing in spread offense where he did not have to block, Chase drops down significantly below where his talent should place him. This guy compares favorably to Dallas Clark and is a mismatch in the passing game - will have to learn to be a blocker but he will be willing.

5-143) Andrew Gardner, OT-Georgia Tech - this guy has the size and intelligence to play in Mularkey and Boudreau's system - he is an upgrade at back-up tackle and can play both sides.

Obviously this reduces our picks from 7 to 5 but it increases our quality of picks - now that the Falcons roster is better, we need more quality than quantity. We arguably get one immediate starter and a total of four future starters in Hood, Sintim, Smith and Coffman - this would be a great draft.

If you like my picks - great - say so.......if you would do the trade but make different picks - fill in the blanks on who you would take! i know its unrealistic - but its fun! :rolleyes:

My goodness Batman I think you've got it.

Covers all our basic needs positions,if this came about I'd be a very happy camper.

I think the Giants are sniffing around Braylon Edwards at the moment aswell so that may effect this.

One thing though alot of mocks have Ziggy going to Indy at 28 or something like that so I'm thinking if we could gert him with your trade picks that would be all good but I'm thinking he'll be gone by 36 though.

My goodness Batman I think you've got it.

Covers all our basic needs positions,if this came about I'd be a very happy camper.

I think the Giants are sniffing around Braylon Edwards at the moment aswell so that may effect this.

One thing though alot of mocks have Ziggy going to Indy at 28 or something like that so I'm thinking if we could gert him with your trade picks that would be all good but I'm thinking he'll be gone by 36 though.

certainly possible that ziggy could be gone

Yeah that's a pretty good scenario. Not sure about the realism of the picks themselves, but so much is up in the air once the clock starts that it might well happen.

I think that would have to be the sort of trade that we'd have to get lucky and have a player the Browns have their eyes on fall to us though - not sure they would want to give up picks in their current mode without getting someone they really want...

Yeah that's a pretty good scenario. Not sure about the realism of the picks themselves, but so much is up in the air once the clock starts that it might well happen.

I think that would have to be the sort of trade that we'd have to get lucky and have a player the Browns have their eyes on fall to us though - not sure they would want to give up picks in their current mode without getting someone they really want...

well of course my "premise" would be they wanted either Clay Matthews or Larry English to be their Elephant Linebacker....also, the trade value chart works out plus the Browns pick up two extra picks - the Browns need a lot of picks for the rebuilding - I think the trade would work nicely for them if they pick some gems late plus they get their guy in Clay Matthews as well who is a 3-down linebacker and pass-rusher - plus a legacy since his dad also played for the Cleveland Browns.... B)

Not bad... Can't say that would be what I would do but it does fill our positions of need with players that are considered quality. I have seen people on this board want each of your 2nd's with our first so I think this scenario would make most of the fans happy.

Tough one though... I still want Cushing or Matthews and if we traded and one of them was there at 24 I would be disappointed. Not upset if we got the above but dissapointed. I really want a good young OLB, we need it. I just don't think Peterson will make it through the entire season without getting injured.