trades, trades, and more trades

nick h

This is not a mock going for realism with the trades as in predicting what will happen but rather fair trades that I feel could be really helpful in building up the defense and solidifying the offense. There are 2 first day trades and one second day trade in this mock

Trade 1: Selection 24 traded to Oakland in exchange for 40 + 71

Oakland moves up to grab either the WR they so desperately need to give Russell for him to develop or select one of the many offensive linemen flying off the board in this portion of the draft

Trade 2: We trade KC pick 40, OAK 5th rounder via ATL, and 2010 5th rounder (Jamaal could replace this if necessary). We receive Tony Gonzalez, Tamba Hali, and pick 67

We get a premier tight end who is too old for the rebuilding chiefs, a solid LDE who no longer fits their plans, and an early third. It instantly makes our offense elite imo and gives us a dependable pass rush opposite Abraham. They get pick 40 essentially negating the pick they had to give up for Cassell and puts Pioli in the spot where he likes the most (early second). We also throw in two fifths to even things out and possibly replace one of the fifths with Anderson if they prefer

Trade 3: We trade STL 5th and 6th to move into the 4th (between 105 and 115)

Looking more for quality than quantity

55. William Moore SS

Although we have DeCoud I feel we need to search for another safety and I feel Moore is a very good fit. He brings big hits, range, and the size that we lack in the secondary. He can play up close to the line but he can also play deep and fits the description of interchangeable safety, will likely have to play lighter than he did in college to fully succeed but with a professional training staff that should be easy to accomplish.

67. Duke Robinson OG

Massive, dominant guard that is falling down draft boards for some reason. We take him and plug him in either at LG or RG right away, depending on Blalock's ability to move to RT.

71. Jairus Byrd CB

A perfect fit for us as a cover 2 corner and gives us a talented, yet still very young trio of Houston, Chevis, and Byrd.

90. Jason Williams SLB

A favorite around here that has shot up draft boards, will take over Peterson by the start of 2010 or before the season ends.

105-115. Sammie Lee Hill NT

The run stuffer that this team needs to pair with Trey Lewis to give us a solid rotation at the nose position. Extremely athletic for his size

125. Antoine Caldwell C

The one pick that barring injury will make little to no impact on Sundays in 2009. His value comes in 2010 when he replaces McClure and completes our line as the starting center

This is not a mock going for realism with the trades as in predicting what will happen but rather fair trades that I feel could be really helpful in building up the defense and solidifying the offense. There are 2 first day trades and one second day trade in this mock

Trade 1: Selection 24 traded to Oakland in exchange for 40 + 71

Oakland moves up to grab either the WR they so desperately need to give Russell for him to develop or select one of the many offensive linemen flying off the board in this portion of the draft

Trade 2: We trade KC pick 40, OAK 5th rounder via ATL, and 2010 5th rounder (Jamaal could replace this if necessary). We receive Tony Gonzalez, Tamba Hali, and pick 67

We get a premier tight end who is too old for the rebuilding chiefs, a solid LDE who no longer fits their plans, and an early third. It instantly makes our offense elite imo and gives us a dependable pass rush opposite Abraham. They get pick 40 essentially negating the pick they had to give up for Cassell and puts Pioli in the spot where he likes the most (early second). We also throw in two fifths to even things out and possibly replace one of the fifths with Anderson if they prefer

Trade 3: We trade STL 5th and 6th to move into the 4th (between 105 and 115)

Looking more for quality than quantity

55. William Moore SS

Although we have DeCoud I feel we need to search for another safety and I feel Moore is a very good fit. He brings big hits, range, and the size that we lack in the secondary. He can play up close to the line but he can also play deep and fits the description of interchangeable safety, will likely have to play lighter than he did in college to fully succeed but with a professional training staff that should be easy to accomplish.

67. Duke Robinson OG

Massive, dominant guard that is falling down draft boards for some reason. We take him and plug him in either at LG or RG right away, depending on Blalock's ability to move to RT.

71. Jairus Byrd CB

A perfect fit for us as a cover 2 corner and gives us a talented, yet still very young trio of Houston, Chevis, and Byrd.

90. Jason Williams SLB

A favorite around here that has shot up draft boards, will take over Peterson by the start of 2010 or before the season ends.

105-115. Sammie Lee Hill NT

The run stuffer that this team needs to pair with Trey Lewis to give us a solid rotation at the nose position. Extremely athletic for his size

125. Antoine Caldwell C

The one pick that barring injury will make little to no impact on Sundays in 2009. His value comes in 2010 when he replaces McClure and completes our line as the starting center

the draft is cool, so are the trades, but i would rather get a Tackle at 67, so the we can move Clabo to RG, I dont think that Blaylock willl be moving at all. I would mind bird, but i would rather has Macho Harris or Mike Mickens.

Robinson at 67 would be by far the best player available and represent an upgrade over dahl/clabo. The only right tackle outside of the first round that could start for us imo is Phil Loadholt and he is going up draft boards. Yes I know dahl and clabo played nice last year but that doesn't mean we shouldn't look to upgrade given the opportunity. I could understand going for a guy like Fili Moala at defensive tackle if he is there but otherwise i think robinson is the best option. I like Byrd over Mickens and Harris but I like all three