NFLDraftCountdown has us taking Evander "Ziggy" Hood in the 1st..

Whippet

yea... i heard that the Coaching staff is really high on ziggy hood......... Some of the scouts says that Ziggy Hood has Tommie Harris type skillsets.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

First time I've even heard of this guy mentioned in the first round.. Thoughts?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

He's been talked about for a few weeks now, especially as after the first three DT's (Raji, Jerry & Hood) there is a substantial drop off in playmaking ability at that position.

I personally believe he's our guy at 24 (as per my post on the 13th), Ziggy could play NT in our system thereby filling our biggest need in the draft.

yea... i heard that the Coaching staff is really high on ziggy hood......... Some of the scouts says that Ziggy Hood has Tommie Harris type skillsets.

If that's true, I HOPE we get him. Doesnt really sound accurate, but I guess we will see.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Thanks for posting those video's I really hope he is our pick

I agree... I like Ziggy Hood...... I think Ziggy Hood and Babs could give us a consistent pass rush inside......

Pat Kirwan Mock draft

1st: 6'3 300lbs DT Ziggy Hood

2nd: 6'7 266lbs DE Michael Johnson

That's my dream 1st day........ Its not going to happen but dang...... That's a perfect day 1.

He's been talked about for a few weeks now, especially as after the first three DT's (Raji, Jerry & Hood) there is a substantial drop off in playmaking ability at that position.

I personally believe he's our guy at 24 (as per my post on the 13th), Ziggy could play NT in our system thereby filling our biggest need in the draft.

Personally i think there is a pretty big drop from Jerry to Hood. If Hood is the pick, I hope I am wrong.

Mark Bradley wrote an article about Evander possibly being Atlanta's pick. I admit that I have totally alterior motives for bringing this up, see if you can figure out why.

Getting Ziggy with IT

Bradley’s Buzz: Would Evander be the real deal for Falcons?

Gettin’ Ziggy with it?

Having monitored mock drafts closely the past few months, I can report that not much surprises me. I know most of the names, and I have some notion as to where they’re supposed to go. But Pat Kirwan of NFL.com stumped the Buzz band in his latest mock by throwing out a name — and it’s a good name — as the Falcons’ No. 1 pick.

He’s Evander Hood, a defensive tackle from Missouri. His nickname is Ziggy. (Me, I don’t know why a guy named Evander would need a nickname, but that’s just me.) As NFL.com’s scouting report notes, Ziggy had a tepid senior season. But he had a good Senior Bowl and an even better pro day, according to Frank Cooney’s NFL Draft Scout, and of such things are 24th overall picks sometimes made.

Is this Grady Jackson's replacement?

OK, so you’re asking: Why Ziggy? Dave Henry of Amarillo.com — Hood is from Amarillo, which rhymes with “pillow,” sort of — writes that Hood’s grandmother dubbed him that because he reminded her of the pillowy comic-strip character. This apparently is the same grandmother whom David Ubben of the Columbian Missourian reports will send Ziggy articles about himself via the Internet.

A confession: I don’t know what Thomas Dimitroff is apt to do come Draft Day. (And neither do you.) But I do know that TD has told me more than once that he and Mike Smith value defensive tackles immensely, and I could see the Falcons spending their first pick on a DT more readily than I can them picking a marginal linebacker or even a tight end. (Peyton Youmans of the Bleacher Report expresses a similar sentiment.)

Plus, I just like the idea of a 300-pound lineman who goes by Ziggy.

I agree... I like Ziggy Hood...... I think Ziggy Hood and Babs could give us a consistent pass rush inside......

Pat Kirwan Mock draft

1st: 6'3 300lbs DT Ziggy Hood

2nd: 6'7 266lbs DE Michael Johnson

That's my dream 1st day........ Its not going to happen but dang...... That's a perfect day 1.

Can you just imagine....

LE Johnson

DT Hood

DT Babineaux

RE Abraham

You can take all the MOCKS and all the CROCKS and dump them, they mean exactly nothing.

Mock drafts are how reporters with nothing to do for 3 months fill their time.

And armchair message board GMs too. Well we've got to do something in the offseason.

First time I've even heard of this guy mentioned in the first round.. Thoughts?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

I wonder who that got that from???? This is the only true Mock I made this year and I still love it.

1.DT Evander Hood......... 6-3,298,4.97......39BP, 33VJ, last year he had 47 TKL,6 TFL, 4 Sacks and 12 QB hurries.

2.DE Jarron Gilbert...........6-5,287,4.87......30BP, 36VJ, last year he had 47 TKL,22TFL,9 sacks and 3 PBU.

3.DB Chris Clemons.........6-1,210,4.41.....19BP, 38VJ, last year he had the best 3 cone drill at the combine and was the fastest DB.

4.OL Andy Levitre...........6-3,306,5.25..........23BP, He can play all positions on the line , He was one of the most impressive OL at combines.

5.SS Jamarca Sanford....5-11,200,4.43.....29BP, last year 80 TKL, 4TFL, Can you say Bob Sanders Clone? Strongest lb 4 lb player in draft.

5.CB Joe Burnett.............5-10,185,4.42......22BP, 12 INTs in College and is a great KR who had an out standing Senior Season.

6.OLB DeAndre Levy......6-3,232,4.53........20BP, last year he had 65 TKL, 8 TFL, 3 Sacks , Very under rated player for Wisconsin.