Coach Smith (2) and Coach Van Gorder 790 the zone interview

atljbo

3 things that hit me (Brian Van Gorder)

1. Brian Van Gorder said exactly what i think..... Jamaal Anderson is a great run stopping DE...... The Coaching Staff seems to like Jamaal Anderson DE/DT combination.

2. This is a big year for Stephen Nicholas.... I dont see us drafting a LB with the 24th pick now.... The Coaching staff like this guy and want to see what he can do as a starter.

3. Coach Van Gorder said that they will use Jamaal Anderson for his strengths (run stopping)...... I feel like DT or DE will be our first pick

I heard that the Coaching Staff is high on Ziggy Hood and Michael Johnson

1. Brian Van Gorder said exactly what i think..... Jamaal Anderson is a great run stopping DE...... The Coaching Staff seems to like Jamaal Anderson DE/DT combination.

2. This is a big year for Stephen Nicholas.... I dont see us drafting a LB with the 24th pick now.... The Coaching staff like this guy and want to see what he can do as a starter.

3. Coach Van Gorder said that they will use Jamaal Anderson for his strengths (run stopping)...... I feel like DT or DE will be our first pick

Yeah baby, I hope that we are higher on Micheal Johnson than Hood, but Hood to me would be great at the UT on running downs and at the NT on passing downs. If we didnt have Babs i would love to draft Hood.

Yeah baby, I hope that we are higher on Micheal Johnson than Hood, but Hood to me would be great at the UT on running downs and at the NT on passing downs. If we didnt have Babs i would love to draft Hood.

I believe Ziggy Hood could play NT in our scheme...... Ziggy Hood will stay in a rotation with Trey Lewis so wearing down is not a problem...Ziggy Hood is stout against the run (Ziggy bench pressing 225lbs 36 times and having long ams dont hurt either) ... Also penetration is what stop the run..... Thats Ziggy thing..... I do think his pass rushing skills inside could help Jamaal Anderson and the other DEs also.... Babs and Ziggy Hood could give us a good consistent pass rush inside.

I like Michael Johnson also tho.

Did you hear Van Gorder when he was talking about consistency and players that only show flashes? I think he was talking about MJ. Dont get me wrong I like Johnson but i think I would take Ziggy before him.

im cool with ziggy but i would prefer larry english over michael johnson

round1 larry english

round2 ron brace

round 3 chip vaughn

round 4 asher allen

Did you hear Van Gorder when he was talking about consistency and players that only show flashes? I think he was talking about MJ. Dont get me wrong I like Johnson but i think I would take Ziggy before him.

I am at work, so i really couldnt hear the interview, but we may be higher on Ziggy than JOhnson, and i honestly think that DT is a much bigger need than DE, so i dont mind that if we pick Ziggy over Johnson, i just like Johnson potential more that Ziggy. I think that in the long run Johnson would add more value than Ziggy if he consistently improves with coaching and stays focused on improving.

Amen to the Ziggy Hood pick I'm down for that but on NFL.com they reckon he plays to high sometimes this could effect how he plays the run but again if they JA 55 moves inside even on running downs there's definitely options which is a bonus for us.

MJ I'm not sure I like his atheltic ability but looks to me like a one trick pony just has the speed rush and thats it no bull rush so to me I'm not so high on this guy.

Amen to the Ziggy Hood pick I'm down for that but on NFL.com they reckon he plays to high sometimes this could effect how he plays the run but again if they JA 55 moves inside even on running downs there's definitely options which is a bonus for us.

MJ I'm not sure I like his atheltic ability but looks to me like a one trick pony just has the speed rush and thats it no bull rush so to me I'm not so high on this guy.

You can teach a guy to not play high....... You cant teach a guy Ziggy Hood type pass rush and aggressiveness ..... Ziggy Hood minor problem could easily get fixed with good Coaching.

Couldn't agree more. I think alot of people on these boards have their hearts set on Laurinitus, Cushing, or Matthews at 24 but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I think it's gonna be a pass rushing DE at 24.....most likely Larry English. Could also be a CB if one of the higher rated ones drops. Then a pass rushing DE in the 2nd.

As has been pointed out by some, we have like 6 CB's on the roster now. But only one is a starter, so that 's why I think CB in either the first or second.

Looking for LB and DT from the 3rd round on.

Couldn't agree more. I think alot of people on these boards have their hearts set on Laurinitus, Cushing, or Matthews at 24 but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I think it's gonna be a pass rushing DE at 24.....most likely Larry English. Could also be a CB if one of the higher rated ones drops. Then a pass rushing DE in the 2nd.

As has been pointed out by some, we have like 6 CB's on the roster now. But only one is a starter, so that 's why I think CB in either the first or second.

Looking for LB and DT from the 3rd round on.

i dont think its going to be a CB (unless Malcolm Jenkins drop...... It will be a DE or DT......TD knows that a pass rush is the most important thing in a cover 2 Defense,....... All of the Patriots CBs is 2nd and 3rd round guys (they drafted).... Cover 2 CBs are easier to find...

I know TD wanted Glen Dorsey bad (TD even said it).... The Falcons really like Ziggy Hood.(Michael Johnson also)...... I can easily see us drafting Michael Johnson and Larry English also..

We will see what happens

Where did you hear that they were high on Ziggy and MJ???? I'd like a link on that Just for my Info. I havn't heard anything. Plus, if they were high and was planning on drafting him they wouldn't make a peep about it. Do you have a link ????

I believe Ziggy Hood could play NT in our scheme...... Ziggy Hood will stay in a rotation with Trey Lewis so wearing down is not a problem...Ziggy Hood is stout against the run (Ziggy bench pressing 225lbs 36 times and having long ams dont hurt either) ... Also penetration is what stop the run..... Thats Ziggy thing..... I do think his pass rushing skills inside could help Jamaal Anderson and the other DEs also.... Babs and Ziggy Hood could give us a good consistent pass rush inside.

Hood had 39 BP on his proday.

I want to draft Hood so every time he sacks the QB, the PA system can blare out............

....GETT'EN ZIGGY WIF IT!!!......NA, NA, NA, NA.......NA.....NA....NA.......GETT'EN ZIGGY WIF IT

TELL ME THAT WOULD NOT BE FUN! :P

I want to draft Hood so every time he sacks the QB, the PA system can blare out............

....GETT'EN ZIGGY WIF IT!!!......NA, NA, NA, NA.......NA.....NA....NA.......GETT'EN ZIGGY WIF IT

TELL ME THAT WOULD NOT BE FUN! :P

Boooooooooooo try again G-dawg, :P :lol::lol:

Here is another reason why i think that we are high on Micheal Johnson. In the 1st interview with Coach Smith, he indicated that he goes back and has a good relationship with coach Paul Johnson from Georgia Tech. I am pretty sure Coach Smith was able to get the real deal on MJ and get his honest opinion about his work ethic, attitude, etc. :D