Woohoo! Scheduling conspiracy theories!

ThunderCookie

I was looking over NFC South schedules, and came across something that caught my eye. I thought it was funny, so I started wondering how many conspiracy theories would pop out this year.

Remember, this is only for fun. No smack and at least try to make sense. (You know who you are.)

1. The Saints are the only team to play the Cowboys in December. The three other teams play Dallas in months they are historically good. The Saints get them when they are historically bad.

Hmmmmm..... I think I see black helicopters flying overhead now.

Any other guesses of what crazy theories might pop up this year?

the NFL wants the bucs to come out on top of our division and are giving them a late bye (week 8) so they can rest up and try to make a playoff push. all of the other teams in our division have early byes (falcons and panthers week 4, saints week 5) when your team usually isn't that injured or tired.

(i really dont think the NFL is trying to help the bucs or any team in this division, i just wanted to add on to the thread)

the NFL wants the bucs to come out on top of our division and are giving them a late bye (week 8) so they can rest up and try to make a playoff push. all of the other teams in our division have early byes (falcons and panthers week 4, saints week 5) when your team usually isn't that injured or tired.

(i really dont think the NFL is trying to help the bucs or any team in this division, i just wanted to add on to the thread)

I know you're probably kidding, but still:

1 Sun, Sept. 13 vs. Dallas Cowboys

2 Sun, Sept. 20 at Buffalo Bills

3 Sun, Sept. 27 vs. New York Giants

4 Sun, Oct. 4 at Washington Redskins

5 Sun, Oct. 11 at Philadelphia Eagles

6 Sun, Oct. 18 vs. Carolina Panthers

7 Sun, Oct. 25 vs. New England Patriots

I don't see anyone doing the Bucs any favors during that stretch. If they come away with 2 wins heading into the bye they're already beating the odds. They get the worst end of the South's schedule IMO.

And I don't think the Cowboys have beaten us since JJ was coaching them, regardless of the time of year we've played them (including the Ditka Era™).

Didn't a lot of people around here think 2006 was rigged, too?

Oh man, did they think it was rigged? :lol::lol::lol:

This year is even better - -the NFL has them playing 4 teams (in a row?) after their respective bye weeks, because they want them to fail.

Yup, that hefty 52.9% win advantage for teams coming off bye weeks is the smoking gun.

Leave it to the whiny Saints fans to ruin what could have been a funny thread.

Geez, I wish the point of the thread was that they can't take a joke nor be creative. It would have been a smashing success.

Leave it to a whiny Falcon fan to start a whiny thread.

I don't see that happening...

Have you seen their schedule?

They may start off 1-6, but I do not think they will start 2-5 or better.

Just a very tough start, JB might have been right. Saying they will start off bad but gain momentum through the season.

Leave it to the whiny Saints fans to ruin what could have been a funny thread.

For the record, it was a Bucs fan who sabotaged your topic (in the first reply).

And hey, I played along, at least. TAFT is full of these kooky theories if you're really jonesing for a fix ;)

For the record, it was a Bucs fan who sabotaged your topic (in the first reply).

And hey, I played along, at least. TAFT is full of these kooky theories if you're really jonesing for a fix ;)

Yeah, those theories just aren't as funny when people really mean it. :(

Besides, you only get one point of view. Where is the fun in that?

Once again, Rich McKay has guaranteed that the Falcons won't have to play in RayJay in the heat.

It sure helps having a guy in your organization as the chairman of the rules committee, while not being in charge of any football operations of your franchise.

He's proven he can't hire the right people, he's proven he can't draft the right people, how long until he proves he can't manage the cap either?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Once again, Rich McKay has guaranteed that the Falcons won't have to play in RayJay in the heat.

It sure helps having a guy in your organization as the chairman of the rules committee, while not being in charge of any football operations of your franchise.

He's proven he can't hire the right people, he's proven he can't draft the right people, how long until he proves he can't manage the cap either?

RIGHT ON BROTHA!! although the RayJay in the heat deal sounds like Saint type whining.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

As far as scheduling goes, we all have to play the games. Be it the cold, be it the heat or home or away...........we all have to play the cards that are dealt. The great teams are the team that don't give a **** where or when they play. They figure they're going to open a can of whupass on whoever and whenever they play. Those are the guys I want on my team. You hear someone whining about the playing conditions (ala Sean Payton), they should have LOSER tatooed on their forehead.

As far as scheduling goes, we all have to play the games. Be it the cold, be it the heat or home or away...........we all have to play the cards that are dealt. The great teams are the team that don't give a **** where or when they play. They figure they're going to open a can of whupass on whoever and whenever they play. Those are the guys I want on my team. You hear someone whining about the playing conditions (ala Sean Payton), they should have LOSER tatooed on their forehead.

Or, someone whining about the playing conditions being dangerous for the players in the game makes the NFL listen.

You really need to drop that debate, it is stupid. Sean Payton, Norv Turner, Tom Coughlin, and Cam Cameron all have something in common. They all made comments about the dangerous field conditions. Chances are, you can add Raheem Morris and Bill Belichick to that list after this season. Would you want to lose a player for the entire season (this isn't about football, it is about the players life) then the coach comes out and says we were worried about the field conditions the entire week?

There is a difference between whining, and being concerned for someones health. You need to learn that.

It's hilarious how you're "ignoring" him, jb. Way to not get pulled into any more of his shenanigans!

I think it's funny how he "ignores" my posts, but he still replies to all them.

I also think it's funny how the person who whines the most, whines about other fans whining.

The irony?

I love messing with JB, he's like a shiney new toy! :)