Moody to attend Tennessee's spring game

LawDawg

Ex-UGA LB recruit planning to attend Tennessee’s spring game

11:17 pm April 14, 2009, by Michael Carvell

UGA's loss could be Tennessee's gain ... if the Volunteers offer, and Moody accepts it (Tennessee athletics)

Georgia coach Mark Richt granted ex-UGA LB recruit Dexter Moody an “unconditional” release, meaning he could play for any school. Moody told the AJC he could end up playing for Lane Kiffin at Tennessee.

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Moody said he was invited to Tennessee’s Orange and White game on Saturday by the Volunteers. ”Me and my dad are planning on going up there,” Moody said. “They talked liked they were going to offer me a scholarship. I don’t know. I guess we’ll see. They just want to meet me in person and everything.”

Moody, who earned All-America honors last year at Emanuel County Institute, said he has had contact with several schools, including Florida, Memphis, Central Michigan and Troy, since breaking ties with Georgia last month. Moody said he has been offered by Marshall, and that he is very encouraged by Tennessee’s Lance Thompson, who coaches linebackers for the Volunteers.

“Coach Thompson said they need some linebackers really bad,” Moody said. “I’m definitely very interested in Tennessee. It wouldn’t be bad to go there and be able to play against Georgia every year. That would be something, taking out some of my feelings against the team that released me. I think it would be fun.”

Moody claims he has no hard feelings against Georgia. He said he hasn’t had any contact with the Bulldogs since being informed of his release by UGA assistant Jon Fabris. “We thought Coach Richt might call to talk about everything, but I haven’t heard from anybody else from Georgia. It’s no big deal. I wasn’t worried too much about it. I’m pretty cool with everything. I can sign with any other school that offers me. I guess it will just work out somewhere else for me.”

NCAA rules prohibit college coaches from commenting on prospective student-athletes. Moody spurned offers from Florida and South Carolina, among others, to sign with his homegrown favorite, UGA. He was released by Richt after an incident at school, according to Georgia officials.

Moody is ranked as the nation’s No. 8 outside linebacker by Scout, and No. 17 by Rivals. “I’m excited for [Moody],” said his ECI teammate, Washaun Ealey. “He’s a great player, and hopefully Tennessee or another school will give him a chance.”

:rolleyes:

I can see it now.......

Georgia is in the Volunteer red zone.......4th quarter.......seconds winding down........touchdown wins the game......Murray snaps the ball......hands it off to the running back.......Moody squares up to tackle the ball carrier........the two collide.......Moody on his back with cleat marks on his chest........like Herschel running over Bill Bates.........Carlton Thomas touchdown!!!

That would be awesome. ^_^

Well from what I understand its his own fault that he isnt at UGA anymore so no reason to be talking tough

yeah i found out what happened to him at school. lanier actually told a number of people about it.. he got into an argument with his teacher and had the teacher basically curled up on the ground as he was cussing out the teacher and went as far as threatened to kill the teacher.. It was pretty bad from what was said about it.. he is a punk and he had got in trouble before and uga still was working with him.. now the idiot is saying he is going to get revenge for being a complete tool and losing out on his chance at Georgia. i hope he does go there and uga knocks the crap out of him. Punk.