DDD's Mock before the Draft...

I think TD will trade down from pick 24 for a 2009 2nd and 4th, and a 2010 2nd...

Draft:

02 - Michael Johnson DE, GT: H:6-7/W:266/40:4.69/20:2.68/101.56/BP:28/V:381/2/BJ:10'08"/SH:4.37/CO:7.42

02 - Ron Brace DT, BC: H: 6-3/W:330/40:5.48/20:3.15/10:1.88/BP:32/V:28/BJ:08'03"/SH:4.73/CO:8.15

03 - Chip Vaughn SS, WF: H:6-2/W:221?40:4.42/20:2.57/10:1.49/BP:21/V:37/BJ:10'05"/SH:4.12/CO:7.03

04 - Bradley Fletcher CB, Iowa: H:6-1/W:196/40:4.47/20:2.59/10:1.47/BP:20/V:381/2/BJ:10'02"/SH:4.29/CO:7.04

04 - Kenny McKinley WR, SC: H:6-1/W:189/40:4.37/20:2.53/10:1.46/V:37/BJ:09'05"/SH:4.10/CO:6.96

05 - Kaluka Maiava OLB, S Cal: H:6-0/W:229/40:4.70/20:2.71/10:1.56/BP:30/BJ:09'02"/SH:4.20/CO:6.98

05 - Andrew Gardner OT. GT: H:6-7/W:304/40:4.98.....................................NA..................................

06 - Tom Brandstater QB, Fresno: H:6-5/W:220/40:4.87/20:2.84/10:1.62/V:28 1/2/BJ:08'10"/SH:4.37/CO:6.93

UDFA: Ryan Purvis TE, BC

UDFA: Jon Cooper OC, Oklahoma

UDFA: Nate Ness FS, Arizona

UDFA: Jahi Word-Daniels CB, GT

UDFA: Martin Vaugh DT, Western Ontario

UDFA: Rylan Reed OT, Texas Tech

With the trade for Gonzales i have swapped out Cameron Morrah w/ Andrew Gardner OT in the 5th...

Still hoping for a trade down, if we dont trade for Dorsey or select Laurinaitis with our 1st pick...

Might as well trade the early second for Gonzalez if you're gonna waste it on Johnson

Would rather have Cantwell or Hoyer as a developmental QB

The rest of your draft is good IMO

I personally think MJ will be a very solid player in the NFL, and could well take over from Abe once he retires... If MJ can come in and actually listen and learn from Abe, unlike pick 8 from 2007, he has a bit of a head start... The coaching here is A1 and he already trains with Chuck Smith, so it looks like he wants to improve... Also i think MJ could play OLB in 3-4 sets and maybe some SLB down the line. You cant argue with the guys athleticism, you just need to be patient and wait for the light to turn on...

As you can see in this draft, Atlanta has had private workouts with every guy i selected apart from Ron Brace. You kind of know what your getting with Brace though, so i thought it to not be to far fetched to select him there...

The reason i picked Brandstater, and the only reason, is the FO has worked him out...

FAIL!

Just say no to guys who don't show up on every play. If he didn't play at Tech most of you guys wouldn't even have him in your mocks. He

s gonna be a bust.

Welcome P&A81 :lol:

I dont even like GT, but i think MJ has talent. He hasnt put it all together yet, but i think a light will go in in the next couple of seasons, and he will turn into a very good player. He has a unique skill set and the highest ceiling out of any DE in this draft class. His athleticism is second to none, and just needs good coaching. Abe doesnt show up on every play either, but he plays hard every play, someone MJ can learn from;)

Your not getting an OLB until the 5th rd? No way that happens

Depends who is on the board when we pick... You think TD will reach for an OLB in this draft class?

Lofton, Peterson and Nicholas will be the starting LB's in 2009, and it would not surprise me at all if we just select a backup on the second day. Maybe TD has his eye on someone for June 1st cuts? Why werent any FA LB's looked at, if we are so destitute at the position?? Hmmm

02 - Michael Johnson DE, GT: H:6-7/W:266/40:4.69/20:2.68/101.56/BP:28/V:381/2/BJ:10'08"/SH:4.37/CO:7.42

02 - Ron Brace DT, BC: H: 6-3/W:330/40:5.48/20:3.15/10:1.88/BP:32/V:28/BJ:08'03"/SH:4.73/CO:8.15

03 - Chip Vaughn SS, WF: H:6-2/W:221?40:4.42/20:2.57/10:1.49/BP:21/V:37/BJ:10'05"/SH:4.12/CO:7.03

04 - Bradley Fletcher CB, Iowa: H:6-1/W:196/40:4.47/20:2.59/10:1.47/BP:20/V:381/2/BJ:10'02"/SH:4.29/CO:7.04

04 - Kenny McKinley WR, SC: H:6-1/W:189/40:4.37/20:2.53/10:1.46/V:37/BJ:09'05"/SH:4.10/CO:6.96

05 - Kaluka Maiava OLB, S Cal: H:6-0/W:229/40:4.70/20:2.71/10:1.56/BP:30/BJ:09'02"/SH:4.20/CO:6.98

05 - Cameron Morrah TE, Cal: H:6-4/W:244/40:4.65/20:2.60/10:1.53/BP:24/V:321/2/BJ:09'07"/SH:4.36/CO:6.99

06 - Tom Brandstater QB, Fresno: H:6-5/W:220/40:4.87/20:2.84/10:1.62/V:28 1/2/BJ:08'10"/SH:4.37/CO:6.93

Very solid mock. A quality o-lineman would have been nice for depth.

Very solid mock. A quality o-lineman would have been nice for depth.

Yeah, i kind of figure that TD can get an o-lineman for depth after June 1st cuts...

Harvey Dahl was on a couple of practice squads before we picked him up, and Paul Bordroix(sp) has seemed to have worked wonders with guys that were UDFA's or late round picks...

Thanks for the comments :)

Half the board doesnt like MJ...

I do, and thats why he is my mock ;)

Get used to it mind, Half of the board just refuses has been affected by us drafting JA98 in the first so they are scared to take a chance on real talent. IMO i think that he is worth every bit of a 1st round pick, he may not even be available when we pick at 24, and unless that 2nd pick is very early like 33 - 35, Cleveland may snap him up quick, adn then after Cle it will be Cincinnait.

Depends who is on the board when we pick... You think TD will reach for an OLB in this draft class?

Lofton, Peterson and Nicholas will be the starting LB's in 2009, and it would not surprise me at all if we just select a backup on the second day. Maybe TD has his eye on someone for June 1st cuts? Why werent any FA LB's looked at, if we are so destitute at the position?? Hmmm

TD wants to go with youth and majority of the good LB available are up there in age which is why they were cut in the first place. The rest of the FA LBs aren't that great. I would prefer a young LB from this draft in the 2nd-4th round range especially if we end up with two 2nd round picks. JMO

TD wants to go with youth and majority of the good LB available are up there in age which is why they were cut in the first place. The rest of the FA LBs aren't that great. I would prefer a young LB from this draft in the 2nd-4th round range especially if we end up with two 2nd round picks. JMO

Lofton and Nicholas are both young, and Peterson still has 2 odd good seasons left in him...

Lofton has the middle locked down, and Smith has already said that Nicholas will be our starting SLB. Peterson will be our WLB. Our backups would be: Gilbert at MLB, James at WLB and Maiava at SLB. Looks like a young LB corps to me with Peterson the exception. We need some leadership within our LB's, and thats what Peterson brings to the table as well. That and the fact he has played under Smitty before...

Who loses their starting spot if we draft a LB within the first 2 rounds? Lofton and Nicholas have both played in this scheme for 1 year, so they should be ok, and as stated, Peterson has played under Smitty's scheme in Jax. I know Van Gorder is our DC, but im sure it wont take long for a veteran LB like Peterson to have the playbook down by preseason...

I think we can get away with 1 LB in this draft and maybe a UDFA/June 1st cut to work out...

Lofton and Nicholas are both young, and Peterson still has 2 odd good seasons left in him...

Lofton has the middle locked down, and Smith has already said that Nicholas will be our starting SLB. Peterson will be our WLB. Our backups would be: Gilbert at MLB, James at WLB and Maiava at SLB. Looks like a young LB corps to me with Peterson the exception. We need some leadership within our LB's, and thats what Peterson brings to the table as well. That and the fact he has played under Smitty before...

Who loses their starting spot if we draft a LB within the first 2 rounds? Lofton and Nicholas have both played in this scheme for 1 year, so they should be ok, and as stated, Peterson has played under Smitty's scheme in Jax. I know Van Gorder is our DC, but im sure it wont take long for a veteran LB like Peterson to have the playbook down by preseason...

I think we can get away with 1 LB in this draft and maybe a UDFA/June 1st cut to work out...

No one loses their spot but there are better options at OLB than Maiava. If we were to pick a OLB in the 2-4 range we could get Marcus Freeman. If we did wait till the 5th Lee Robinson would be a better option.

No one loses their spot but there are better options at OLB than Maiava. If we were to pick a OLB in the 2-4 range we could get Marcus Freeman. If we did wait till the 5th Lee Robinson would be a better option.

804 i would have to agree with you on that one. I can really see maiava as a WLB, but i do like either Williams or Robinson later in the draft.

Who is saying reach? Im not saying we have to get one in the first round. Im saying we will not wait till the 5th round to actually draft one of our biggest needs. Maybe because we wanted to build through the draft like we have been saying we are going to do. Hmmmmmm

Who is saying reach? Im not saying we have to get one in the first round. Im saying we will not wait till the 5th round to actually draft one of our biggest needs. Maybe because we wanted to build through the draft like we have been saying we are going to do. Hmmmmmm

It doesnt bother me if we select a LB earlier. If we dont though, i feel confident in our 3 starters... Its just the depth that worries me a little...

I WOULD PREFER LARRY ENGLISH OVER MICHAEL JOHNSON THEN RON BRACE AND CHIP VAUGHN

i think that would make our deffense really good if they develop really good i want larry english so bad hopefully we get him

and not brandon pettigrew i love the guy and he would b sick on this team but we need deffense