Couple of thoughts for those who might go to New England

DeathFromAbove

Thought I'd pass these on to my fellow road warriors:

- Be aware that due to THREE levels of luxury boxes the upper level there is SUPER high up.

- The stadium is south of Boston, you may want to actually stay in Boston for the days proceeding the game if you plan to do any touristing type stuff.

- Parking anywhere near the stadium is pretty pricey, you will start seeings signs that say $20 but some of those were still like 2-3 miles away! Where we parked was $40 and was still a half-mile walk.

- take a windbreaker, especially if you are in the upper tier, I attended a night game in AUGUST wearing a turtleneck and jersey and was still quite chilled by the end of the game.

I've actually spent so much time in Boston for work over the years that I'm not sure if I want to go up for this game.

Thought I'd pass these on to my fellow road warriors:

- Be aware that due to THREE levels of luxury boxes the upper level there is SUPER high up.

- The stadium is south of Boston, you may want to actually stay in Boston for the days proceeding the game if you plan to do any touristing type stuff.

- Parking anywhere near the stadium is pretty pricey, you will start seeings signs that say $20 but some of those were still like 2-3 miles away! Where we parked was $40 and was still a half-mile walk.

- take a windbreaker, especially if you are in the upper tier, I attended a night game in AUGUST wearing a turtleneck and jersey and was still quite chilled by the end of the game.

I've actually spent so much time in Boston for work over the years that I'm not sure if I want to go up for this game.

good info will. If we go, you NEED to come with us. I wanna go to cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Ya mon I might be persuaded to go back, it's a nice place.

I gotta tell ya tho, Cheers is just a tourist trap, not 1/10th the fun Clevelander was back in 05 :)

SOME BODY SAID "SOUTH BEACH"..... CLEVELANDER ROCKS.... OMG.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tickets up there are tough. I lived in Boston for most of my life, and most die hard fans that I knew had never been to a game. And like the OP said, the upper deck is very, very high. On bad weather days, the visibility relative to the field is extremely questionable. I'd spend extra for lower bowl seats if you are going to make that long of a trip anyways.

I am so mad. I found 1 ticket in Section 121, ROW 1. I clicked on continue and I wasn't logged into my ticketmaster account so it took me to the log in screen. Just then my boss comes up behind me needing some reports and does not leave. The ticket was gone by the time he left. :angry:

There are still single tickets available in every section. I found some on the 50 yard line in the upper level.

Hey Orlando....minus the tickets for the game...did you come up with an exact plan as far as flight/hotel ..etc... goes? and if yes, what exactly was the cost. I know we discussed this before but I didnt know if you had finalized exact details yet!

I haven't looked into hotels yet, but I found a flight on Delta for $150 round trip.

Well, I am about to cancel my room at the hotel in Quincy that were $149 a night, as I have a buddy that runs a tourism company thats gonna hook me up with a deal in DT Boston. The Plane tickets are covered as we won a charity auction for those.

I'd say the hotel will run you about $150, tickets about $200(if you dont mind sitting upper deck), but as far as plane tickets from Atl, I have no idea. I hope you can make it.

I was shocked I was able to score tickets on Thursday as they sellout so fast...I was lucky enough to buy one set online, and one on the phone.

If you have never been to Boston, I strongly suggest you go if you can. Its an awesome city.

I have my flight booked now I just need to find a place to stay. Tell your freind you need 2 rooms that way I can use the other. :D

• 1 month later...
Where is everyone staying? I found a good deal on Expedia but want to make sure I stay close to others.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to get a hotel near downtown. I've checked priceline and I'm going to get a place in either Copley square (theatre district) or Quincy Market/Financial district. I think I can get a 4 star on priceline in one of those areas for about $150 per night with taxes. I tried $110 the other day and they said if I raised my price by $22 my offer would be accepted. I'm going to wait a while and then try it again.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, I figured Saturday late afternoon, night would be the best time.

I have a connection up that way on getting Limo service to and from the game..of course the driver would need to be tipped and possibly a fuel charge. I figure that would be a lot better than dealing with drunk Pats fans on the train....I already got 4 people committed on the Limo deal, so if anyones interested hit me up.

I am unable to send another PM until September 25th for some reason, so just PM me or hit me up at the Facebook page I linked above.

Still havent settled on lodging yet, but its looking like Back Bay right now...My buddy is still trying to pull some strings for me...

This game is almost exactly one month away!!!

More than likely I'm up for the limo ride to the game as well. I plan on staying in downtown Boston, so it just depends on where the limo is departing and how easy it is to get there in relation to where I'm staying. I'm there all week so I have to get bak to work on Monday and I'm taking the last flight out of Boston that night at 7:10. Since everyone probably wants to stick around after the game I will probably not be able to be in for the ride back. Let me know if that is a problem.

Thanks for putting everything together.

• 2 weeks later...
You find a place?

I'm in Maine now (9/19) and making my way back to Boston this Friday. I don't have a hotel yet, but I'm going to give priceline one more try at my price before I cave in to the high prices on Wednesday.

7 days until I get beer & other items thrown at me in Foxboro. But at least I'll be in the 1st row of section 121.