You don't get better beating up on the Lions, Chiefs, Packers and Raiders

The whining and boo-hooing over this schedule has really clued me into the fact that a much larger percentage of this board is made up of female reproductive organs than I originally surmised.

You don't get better by beating the Chiefs and the Lions and Raiders and the Packers of the world.

You get better by standing toe-to-toe with the big boys. You get better by pitting yourself against the best of the best, and embracing that challenge and taking your game to a level you haven't pushed it to before. If you want to be the best (WOO), you've got to beat the best.

Hopefully THAT is the mindset this team takes, instead of the insanely fearful view that most of you have resorted to embracing.

The whining and boo-hooing over this schedule has really clued me into the fact that a much larger percentage of this board is made up of female reproductive organs than I originally surmised.

You don't get better by beating the Chiefs and the Lions and Raiders and the Packers of the world.

You get better by standing toe-to-toe with the big boys. You get better by pitting yourself against the best of the best, and embracing that challenge and taking your game to a level you haven't pushed it to before. If you want to be the best (WOO), you've got to beat the best.

Hopefully THAT is the mindset this team takes, instead of the insanely fearful view that most of you have resorted to embracing.

It's also harder to get better by constantly playing against good teams that have had TWO weeks to prepare for you.

Guest Gritz

I'm with you Snell....Bring 'em on.

You can rest assured that no one with the organization has taken to peeing sitting down.

Let's see how good we are! It will only make us better......

It's also harder to get better by constantly playing against good teams that have had TWO weeks to prepare for you.

TIMES 2. ITS NOT THE FACT THAT WE HAVE HARD TEAMS TO PLAY, ITS THE FACT THAT SOME KEY GAMES AGAINST OPPONENTS, STATED ON ANOTHER THREAD, THEY WILL BE COMING OFF THEIR BYE. BUT HEY LETS GET OUT THERE AND JUST WIN THE GAME MAN. THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Got no problem playing the BIG BOYS..............on a level playing field! We now going against a stacked deck! If you can't see that, well you are just blind! We had the 4th hardest schedule before they made us play 4 teams after bye weeks. That is just crap.

It's not about who prepares longer, it's about who prepares better.

You have MONTHS to prepare yourself to play any team in the NFL. If you can't execute when the time comes, it doesn't matter how long you spent preparing.

You have MONTHS to prepare yourself to play any team in the NFL. If you can't execute when the time comes, it doesn't matter how long you spent preparing.

So you don't think it is a big advantage having two week to prepare for a team? Wake up my man! That is just stupid!

Well, Marshall Faulk, who actually played in this league at HOF level, disagrees with you. He just said on NFLNetwork that he believes the Falcons have the hardest schedule in the league specifically because of those games against bye week opponents. He said that good teams coming off bye weeks rarely lose because they've had more time to rest and game plan.

I think I'll take his opinion over yours.

So you don't think it is a big advantage having two week to prepare for a team? Wake up my man! That is just stupid!

Not if you're worth a ****.

Do you think the Patriots or Steelers or Giants would look at a schedule featuring 4 games against teams coming off their bye week and even remotely give a ****?

I attribute this defeatist, bed-wetting attitude to the fact that this franchise has sucked for so long, and this franchise has been routinely beat up on by the big boys.

Hopefully that will all change so I don't have to come here and read how terrified you people are of a little competition.

AWW MAN U MEEN WE DONT GIT 2 PLAY DA CHEEFS AND LOINS AND RAYDERS AGAIN!!!?!1/!/!/!!/!/!!?!?!?!?!? DA NFL HATES US Y DO DEY HATE US!?!?!?!?!?!!?1/!/ ITS NOT FARE!!!!!

Do you think the Patriots or Steelers or Giants would look at a schedule featuring 4 games against teams coming off their bye week and even remotely give a ****?

The teams may not but you can bet anything the fans would.

I attribute this defeatist, bed-wetting attitude to the fact that this franchise has sucked for so long, and this franchise has been routinely beat up on by the big boys.

Hopefully that will all change so I don't have to come here and read how terrified you people are of a little competition.

AWW MAN U MEEN WE DONT GIT 2 PLAY DA CHEEFS AND LOINS AND RAYDERS AGAIN!!!?!1/!/!/!!/!/!!?!?!?!?!? DA NFL HATES US Y DO DEY HATE US!?!?!?!?!?!!?1/!/ ITS NOT FARE!!!!!

Seems like I have heard this Rant down at Jacks a time or two :lol:

Dude get a clue! Since 2001 bye week teams are winning 69.1% of the games. And yes the Pats, Steelers and Giants would give a sh it! They are not stupid to think its OK!

Well ****, Phelps should have had to wear 50 pounds of weights!

Might not have won, but he would have been even better!

I'm with you Snell....Bring 'em on.

You can rest assured that no one with the organization has taken to peeing sitting down.

Let's see how good we are! It will only make us better......

The NFL should have given us a mid season bye and no non-dome games after week 14, for scheduling all those teams after thier bye. This is proof the NFL could care less about the small market teams.

First, Atlanta is not a small market,

Second, wholeheartedly agree w/ Snell and Gritz. And if you look at each game, its certainly winnable- it's not like when we were in the west and the only realistic scenarios for a Falcon victory over the 49ers/Rams involved food poisoning and plane crashes.

NE D looked OLD at times last year, Dallas has more talent-Falcons have a better team, NYG looked pedestrian after they lost Burress, Falcons beat Chicago, Saints, Panthers, Bucs last year, competed with Philly in Ryan's third road game. Miami, Washington, Buffalo, Jets, SF aren't exactly murderers row.

And everybody in our division has a similar schedule-4 of the 8 toughest schedules in the league are the NFC South's- 9 wins may very well take the division.

I questioned that but people started to question me because I said last season could of been a fluke year.

It's not about who we play, that's pretty much the same for the whole division, it's when we play them.

Amen

I feel you man, we got too many scary cats on this MB, I like with Mike Tomlin said that he wants the tough schedule because that is what makes you men and better able to handle teams in Jan. :D

I feel you man, we got too many scary cats on this MB, I like with Mike Tomlin said that he wants the tough schedule because that is what makes you men and better able to handle teams in Jan. :D

It's easier for Tomlin to say that when the team he inherited is primed for postseason every year & statistically had one of the best defences in the history of the league.