Now I know what NFL stands for....

We've been shafted by the suits with our Schedule, how many other teams are playing 4 opponents after their respective bye weeks while having their own bye week in the first week possible.

Not really sure what that has to do with the market that the team plays in. Atlanta is one of the larger markets in the league, although there are teams both in bigger and smaller markets that have more prime time games...

Not really sure what that has to do with the market that the team plays in. Atlanta is one of the larger markets in the league, although there are teams both in bigger and smaller markets that have more prime time games...

It was not meant as a slight on the Franchise, however I read recently that the Falcons are in the 4th Quarter for Revenue in the NFL. I can't remember the publication (to be honest I've read alot leading up to the Draft), but Forbes listed us in 2006 as the joint 27th ranked team in terms of revenue at $170m. Only the Colts, Viks, Saints & Cards were lower.

It was not meant as a slight on the Franchise, however I read recently that the Falcons are in the 4th Quarter for Revenue in the NFL. I can't remember the publication (to be honest I've read alot leading up to the Draft), but Forbes listed us in 2006 as the joint 27th ranked team in terms of revenue at $170m. Only the Colts, Viks, Saints & cards were lower.

Yeah, traditionally, Atlanta was considered a small market franchise.

I don't think it's the women here that need em. :P

I don't get " The Falcons get no respect!"

Then " The NFL hates us! we got a tough schedule"

No one respects crying. ;)

The thing really chaffing me is not the schedule per se, but all the teams we play after their bye weeks.

That can't be random.

If I want to find out who's the "best", I prefer an even playing field--at least as level as possible.

I don't think it's the women here that need em. :P

I don't get " The Falcons get no respect!"

Then " The NFL hates us! we got a tough schedule"

No one respects crying. ;)

That's the contradiction in all the whining. People whine about not getting the so called respect because we don't have the MNF games but then complain about a tougher schedule, bye weeks even, because we did have a pretty good record.

As someone who attends all of the homes games I am glad there is only the one Sunday night game. Schedule respect is over rated. As for the tougher schedule, that is called parity, and the Falcons chance to prove they are the best. Beating up on the Lions and Raiders last year didn't get the Falcons noticed.

The thing really chaffing me is not the schedule per se, but all the teams we play after their bye weeks.

That can't be random.

Exactly, the schedule is pretty much set (bar two teams each season) on a round robin system & in all honesty I'm not suggesting some sinister plan against the Falcons; but whenever that idiot from the NFL offices Buzeo appeared on NFLTA talking about the schedule, he always mentions at length how much time & effort goes into the planning of the seasons' schedule. If that's the case, you would assume that a small matter of playing 25% of you opponents after they've come off their bye week would have been picked up!

Exactly, the schedule is pretty much set (bar two teams each season) on a round robin system & in all honesty I'm not suggesting some sinister plan against the Falcons; but whenever that idiot from the NFL offices Buzeo appeared on NFLTA talking about the schedule, he always mentions at length how much time & effort goes into the planning of the seasons' schedule. If that's the case, you would assume that a small matter of playing 25% of you opponents after they've come off their bye week would have been picked up!

Exactly!

Of course guess I could go and see what the percentage is for other teams, but I'm too lazy.

Are we an exception?

If we aren't, I'll shut up about it :lol:

It was not meant as a slight on the Franchise, however I read recently that the Falcons are in the 4th Quarter for Revenue in the NFL. I can't remember the publication (to be honest I've read alot leading up to the Draft), but Forbes listed us in 2006 as the joint 27th ranked team in terms of revenue at $170m. Only the Colts, Viks, Saints & Cards were lower.

Thats because the Falcons have a crappy stadium deal. They don't own the dome. The World Congress Center does. They have been sharing the revenue with them since 1992. You can thank the Smith family for that deal. Why do you think Arthur Blank is planning on building a new stadium?

Check the latest Forbes rankings when they come out this year. I guarantee you the Colts and Cardinals aren't at the bottom with their new stadiums.

Thats because the Falcons have a crappy stadium deal. They don't own the dome. The World Congress Center does. They have been sharing the revenue with them since 1992. You can thank the Smith family for that deal. Why do you think Arthur Blank is planning on building a new stadium?

Check the latest Forbes rankings when they come out this year. I guarantee you the Colts and Cardinals aren't at the bottom with their new stadiums.

I knew we didn't own the dome, but didn't realise such a draconian agreement was in place with the WCC. Most teams don't own their own stadiums, but normally their are higher local sales taxes on Motels etc to help pay towards the cost.

Regarding the Cards & Colts; according to Forbes magazine in September last year, their revenue was the same as ours $203m & gate receipts almost exactly the same ($43m Falcons & Cards, $42m Colts). Obviously the Colts had yet to christen their new stadium, but the Cards had been in theirs' for 2 years.

I think you have to give Mr Blank credit for spending the lions' share of the costs for the new renevations at the Dome when we plan to be out of there in 6-7 years.