Great documentary on HBO

Finally, a documentary and behind the scenes that shows what kind of low-life doosh bag Muhammad Ali really was.

I didn't think anyone would have the balls to desecrate the "greatest of all time" in the way that he deserves.

It genuinely made me feel for Frazier, while despising Ali. I have always held a special disdain for Ali, but this documentary really justified that feeling I've always had.

If you haven't seen it watch it, it will amaze you how we all choose to remember our sporting icons in this world.

I want to see this. I watched the HBO documentary on the first bout between the two in '71. Ali was certainly an arrogant jerk. Frazier did so much for him to help him get his boxing license back, too.

Yep, it really pulled at the heart strings for some reason for me. Frazier did so much for Ali, he gave him money, and he was the reason Ali was even allowed to fight again. Frazier PERSONALLY went to Washington D.C. and met with Richard Nixon on Ali's behalf and got his license back.

And then Ali proceeded to turn into the one of the biggest POS in sports history with his disgusting betrayal, basically single-handedly turning the black race against Frazier.

The fact that Ali has made nearly 50 million dollars over the years on his name license and product lines alone while Frazier lives in a back room in his own gym is one of the all time greatest travesties.

Yep, it really pulled at the heart strings for some reason for me. Frazier did so much for Ali, he gave him money, and he was the reason Ali was even allowed to fight again. Frazier PERSONALLY went to Washington D.C. and met with Richard Nixon on Ali's behalf and got his license back.

And then Ali proceeded to turn into the one of the biggest POS in sports history with his disgusting betrayal, basically single-handedly turning the black race against Frazier.

The fact that Ali has made nearly 50 million dollars over the years on his name license and product lines alone while Frazier lives in a back room in his own gym is one of the all time greatest travesties.

I always took Frazier's side but I never knew how bad this really was. Definitely going to watch this documentary.

Finally, a documentary and behind the scenes that shows what kind of low-life doosh bag Muhammad Ali really was.

I didn't think anyone would have the balls to desecrate the "greatest of all time" in the way that he deserves.

It genuinely made me feel for Frazier, while despising Ali. I have always held a special disdain for Ali, but this documentary really justified that feeling I've always had.

If you haven't seen it watch it, it will amaze you how we all choose to remember our sporting icons in this world.

Most athletes pre 1970 get remember in a good little regardless of there faults and short coming. If you think Ali is the only one to receive this treatment I suggest you go look into Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Sammy Baugh and the list goes on and on.

I always took Frazier's side but I never knew how bad this really was. Definitely going to watch this documentary.

It's pretty crazy. I didn't know about half the stuff I saw in the documentary.

Like the fact that Ali showed up to Frazier's hotel in Manilla with a replica handgun and stood in the street screaming up at Frazier's room threatening to shoot him.

And that after the 14th round, when the fight was stopped after they determined Frazier couldn't go on, Ali was telling his corner to cut his gloves off and that he wasn't going out for the 15th.

Or the fact that Frazier fought nearly his entire professional career with partial vision in his right eye after a training accident.

The more and more you watch the documentary and watch the way he treated Frazier, the more and more you really start to realize how absolutely terrified out of his mind Ali was of Frazier. He was terrified that someone out there could not only possibly be a better fighter than him but a better man. That is why Ali treated him as sub-human. It's really quite disgusting to tell you the truth.

The fact that Ali was backed by and a member of the Nation of Islam, a group that shares the EXACT same beliefs as the KKK, is equally appalling.

Larry Holmes is even interviewed saying "Muhammad Ali is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. Ali stung like a butterfly. When Frazier hit you you felt like electricity just went through your body. Ali would swing and then run."

Definitely check it out, it's a great documentary, and it's so sad to see the broken man that Frazier is today, in body and spirit.

It's pretty crazy. I didn't know about half the stuff I saw in the documentary.

Like the fact that Ali showed up to Frazier's hotel in Manilla with a replica handgun and stood in the street screaming up at Frazier's room threatening to shoot him.

And that after the 14th round, when the fight was stopped after they determined Frazier couldn't go on, Ali was telling his corner to cut his gloves off and that he wasn't going out for the 15th.

Or the fact that Frazier fought nearly his entire professional career with partial vision in his right eye after a training accident.

The more and more you watch the documentary and watch the way he treated Frazier, the more and more you really start to realize how absolutely terrified out of his mind Ali was of Frazier. He was terrified that someone out there could not only possibly be a better fighter than him but a better man. That is why Ali treated him as sub-human. It's really quite disgusting to tell you the truth.

The fact that Ali was backed by and a member of the Nation of Islam, a group that shares the EXACT same beliefs as the KKK, is equally appalling.

Larry Holmes is even interviewed saying "Muhammad Ali is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. Ali stung like a butterfly. When Frazier hit you you felt like electricity just went through your body. Ali would swing and then run."

Definitely check it out, it's a great documentary, and it's so sad to see the broken man that Frazier is today, in body and spirit.

Is this new? Can I find it anywhere on the internet?

Like everything, there are two sides to every story. For years, Ali has been venerated by the sports media and his shortcomings have been virtually forgotten. But Frazier did not petition for Ali's reinstatement out of the goodness of his heart. He knew a fight with Ali would make him a fortune. That was his motivation.

But the documentary was spot on about Ali's rhetoric leading up to their three fights. His calling Frazier a "White Man's Champion", "Uncle Tom", and a "Gorilla" was definitely over the line no matter how measure it. Too bad it took the sports media 30 years to acknowledge that.

And Ali calling Frazier all of those names prior to the '71 bout wasn't even to sell the fight. Both Ali and Frazier were already getting their money up front ($2.5 million each, If I remember correctly), so ticket sales and any revenue from closed-circuit TV wasn't going to them (unless they got some from the managers).

Getting hyped up and trying to psyche out your opponent is one thing, but Ali crossed the line multiple times.

ALi is still one of my favorites. He was probably the most intelligent fighter of all time. The Forman fight was great. He learned early that Forman was to strong to slug it out with so he covered up for a couple rounds and let George tire himself out and then unleashed on him.

Ali respected Frazier, but he feared no one. And as far as him telling his corner to cut the gloves off after the 14th, there's no way Ali would have actually allowed that to happen. If Frazier would have come out for the 15th, Ali would have stood up and done the same. And he very likely would have killed Frazier. Now much of what Ali did and said regarding his rivalry with Frazier was over the top and uncalled for, no doubt about that. As much as Ali's persona was "the man in charge" I really believe that he was always very impressionable and he took advise and direction from people who had serious agendas and didn't really care about Ali other than what he could do for them.

Ali knew that what he did to Frazier was wrong and he at least apologized to Joes son for the things he said and did. Even after their first fight, which Ali lost, he was told that Frazier had to be taken to the hospitol. WHen he was told how serious it was and asked what he would do if Frazier died he said that he would never fight again.

Ali was always the "loudmouth", and the "clown". If he was ever afraid of any fighter it was Liston and we all know what he did to Sonny. Hopefully Ali is sincere in his apologies, but him being afraid of Joe Frazier is silly.