I Hate My Life

Lou Dog

I see where they are going here..... dont hate it, but Its not my thing.. I like they tried something different, but I am so sick of the way singers sound these days.....

what happened to the distinctive voices in rock?

Kurt Cobain

Gordon Gano

Axl Rose

brad nowell

Shannon Hoon

even scott weiland

any of those you could name just by hearing them sing....

( I know alll of the above are not rock gods but listing singers from pre 1980-1990is too easy.......... i didnt want to put singers like Mick Jagger and John Lennon because those are a given)

I see where they are going here..... dont hate it, but Its not my thing.. I like they tried something different, but I am so sick of the way singers sound these days.....

what happened to the distinctive voices in rock?

Kurt Cobain

Gordon Gano

Axl Rose

brad nowell

Shannon Hoon

even scott weiland

any of those you could name just by hearing them sing....

( I know alll of the above are not rock gods but listing singers from pre 1980-1990is too easy.......... i didnt want to put singers like Mick Jagger and John Lennon because those are a given)

In my opinion the best 2 distinctive voices in rock were Bradley Knowles and the lead songer of Live.

In my opinion the best 2 distinctive voices in rock were Bradley Knowles and the lead songer of Live.

not a big fan of the dude from live; (you ever have one of those singers that bugs you but you dont know why? thats him for me)

but yeah sublime was amazing.... same with blind melon...... 2 of the greatest voices that got cut short... but that makes them that much better to me.. its rock and roll; you gotta have those stories to me....

If I am ever a rock star I plan to do too many drugs and die.... beter that than end up like some of the washed up and tragic stars from the 80's..... (cough cough brett michaels)

Btw... have you seen the videos of the sublime guys (eric and Bud i think), playing with some new dude? Wondering your thoughts on this event since I see you are a big sublime fan..... is it going to be a band, or are they just out playing some gigs and making some $$? I saw some vids on Youtube that were recorded in FEB, so i wonder what you die hard sublimer's think...

Btw... have you seen the videos of the sublime guys (eric and Bud i think), playing with some new dude? Wondering your thoughts on this event since I see you are a big sublime fan..... is it going to be a band, or are they just out playing some gigs and making some $$? I saw some vids on Youtube that were recorded in FEB, so i wonder what you die hard sublimer's think...

That could be a couple different bands. They have 2 different bands with Eric and Bud in them. LongBeach Dub AllStars and LongBeach Shortbus. Not sure which one you are talking about. EIther way, I like both of them but neither of them even come close to the original Sublime. I also hear they might have another SUblime tour where a new guy plays all the old songs. In my opinion that is a very bad idea. You cant replace a guy like Knowles

That could be a couple different bands. They have 2 different bands with Eric and Bud in them. LongBeach Dub AllStars and LongBeach Shortbus. Not sure which one you are talking about. EIther way, I like both of them but neither of them even come close to the original Sublime. I also hear they might have another SUblime tour where a new guy plays all the old songs. In my opinion that is a very bad idea. You cant replace a guy like Knowles

some dude named Rome or something...... do a youtube search on Sublime reunion.... he was singing a bunch of the old songs......

I think the guy is good, but you just can't do that IMO

some dude named Rome or something...... do a youtube search on Sublime reunion.... he was singing a bunch of the old songs......

I think the guy is good, but you just can't do that IMO

Yeah I just checked it out. Dude is pretty good but still not a good idea