Based on the Draft Chart, here are our potential options to trade Down... Which one fits best?

Thanks to a few who sent me the Draft chart link................

I wanted to see what potential deals TD could get in trading down in the Draft and would it be in the best interest of the Falcons.

And if I was TD and Mike Smith who I would be buzzing there phone off the hook!! Here is a comparison of what we could get for the #24 pick with different trade partners.....................

Falcons #24 pick for Phiilys #28 pick (Philly is interested in a number of Players but might target a Running Back They want)

Atlanta also obtains Phillys #121 Pick in the fourth Round

Falcons #24 pick for New York Giants #29 pick ( Giants could be serious trade partners in wanting a Wide Receiver)

Atlanta obtains Giants #100 pick in the Third Round

Falcons #24 pick for Titans #30 pick (Titans could be serious partners zoning in for a WR or Defensive Back)

Atlanta obtains Titans #94 pick in the Third Round

Falcons #24 pick for the Cardinals #31 pick ( Cardinals could be serious trade partners for Running back or Center Alex Mack)

Atlanta obtains Cardinals #95 pick in the third Round and Cardinals #167 pick in the 6th round

Falcons #24 pick for Steelers #32 pick ( Steelers Rarely Trade up, but this might be the year )

Atlanta obtains Steelers #96 pick in the third Round, #167 and #168 picks in the 6th Round

I skipped the Lions pick being they already own two First Round picks................................

Falcons #24 pick First round for Patriots #34 pick second round ( Patriots would be the most likely due to multiple picks and they could use that #24 pick to trade to Carolina for Julius Peppers...................)

Atlanta obtains Patriots #89 Third round pick, #170 Fifth Round pick, #199 Sixth Round pick

Falcons #24 for Rams #35 in the second round ( Rams could trade up for WR or if an OT falls)

Atlanta obtains Rams #66 in the Third round, but have to trade #125 pick in the fourth to Rams

Trade with Patriots

Atlanta picks

Trade with Cardinals

A lot of ammunition to move around in the draft...........

If I was GM I would target maybe two or three players for that #24 pick if they fall, If not I trade back............

I think the Pats deal you suggest is very unlikely - they pick at 23 so there's no reason they'd feel the need to also have 24. If they want to trade for Peppers, they have picks at both 23 and 35 - no reason they have to use us to get Peppers...

In terms of possible trade-up partners, keep in mind that Miami and Baltimore pick after us and both play the 3-4. So if one or more of the better 3-4 projections like Tyson Jackson, Larry English or Clay Matthews are out there, maybe a Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Green Bay would try to deal up to 24.

All of the 5 teams that draft behind us could use a WR, so it would also be great if we could induce a bidding war among those interested in Kenny Britt, say.

Crap, I'm gonna have to get Lasik again.

:lol:

All of the 5 teams that draft behind us could use a WR, so it would also be great if we could induce a bidding war among those interested in Kenny Britt, say.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the scramble for a WR by those teams picking later in round 1 will be of great benefit to us.

I figured out a new one.....................................

Atlanta's #24 in the first Round, and our Third Round Pick in next years draft in which we should probaly end up with at least two 3rd round picks due to compensation for lost free agents this year.

For Patriots #34 second Round and there #58 in the second Round

Falcons would have three second round picks

Third

fourth

Two Fifths

Sixth

That would be sick!!!!!!!

2) CB Sean Smith Utah

2) LB Marcus Freeman Ohio State

2) TE Shawn Nelson Sourthern Mississippi

3) S Patrick Vaughn Wake Forrest

4) DT Roy Miller Texas