Apparently Chiefs fans think more of Tony G than most of you

Lou Dog

Ive spent the last few minutes reading over a couple diffrerent Chiefs boards and all the fans speak very highly of him. Most think they should get more than a 2nd for him and say that he hasnt slown down and could probably go another 3 or 4 years. Personally, I like the trade. Trade a 2nd for a proven player that still has a couple very good seasons left in him. He will help Ryan grow and could take our offense from very good to unreal.

Ive spent the last few minutes reading over a couple diffrerent Chiefs boards and all the fans speak very highly of him. Most think they should get more than a 2nd for him and say that he hasnt slown down and could probably go another 3 or 4 years. Personally, I like the trade. Trade a 2nd for a proven player that still has a couple very good seasons left in him. He will help Ryan grow and could take our offense from very good to unreal.

There is a difference between being a great tight end and what the Falcons give up to get him. Giving up a 2nd round pick (even though everyone is only guessing) means one more year a key defensive position is not addressed not to mention a player will only play for probably 2 years is not building for the future. Teams that already have most of the positions solidified bet the farm on the one key piece for the short run.

Is "slown" even a word??? :blink: :D

I do agree though, the man had a 1000+ yard season in his 12th season, so yea, he hasn't "slown" down at all. I'm not doubting that we won't get a quality TE, but what position will this trade put our defense in? I mentioned earlier if this one does go down, then TD and Smitty must feel we are set at more positions than we may think.

There is a difference between being a great tight end and what the Falcons give up to get him. Giving up a 2nd round pick (even though everyone is only guessing) means one more year a key defensive position is not addressed not to mention a player will only play for probably 2 years is not building for the future. Teams that already have most of the positions solidified bet the farm on the one key piece for the short run.

See that's where I think your thinking and Dimitroff's thinking differs. While you're thinking that we have holes at positions, Thomas is looking at guys that we already have on our roster to step up. You have the draft and you also have camp cuts and you could find a few guys who can come contribute. Not all guys cut in camp suck, most are victim off a deep position. He's trusting the guys on his roster and the coaches to have them ready and that's what your supposed to do.

And just to be clear I'm not for trading a 2nd rounder for Gonzalez but I don't think it's a trade that would hurt us if we indeed made it.

Is "slown" even a word??? :blink: :D

I do agree though, the man had a 1000+ yard season in his 12th season, so yea, he hasn't "slown" down at all. I'm not doubting that we won't get a quality TE, but what position will this trade put our defense in? I mentioned earlier if this one does go down, then TD and Smitty must feel we are set at more positions than we may think.

Dude ive been drinkin rum for bout 4 hours now. You should just be happy you understand it :D

Heck our 2ND round is so close to a 3rd what difference does it make. i think it wouldn't be a bad deal...... Tony not only will catch passes but he'll also protect Matt on on certain offensive sets plus block for turner.. i would love for this deal to come Thur if in fact its true.. But neither side refracting this rumor so will see.........

of course they think highly of him, their fans. at one point we thought highly of Brent Grimes

a 2nd round pick isn't a sure fire key defensive position. Jimmy Williams, Bryan Scott, and Nathan Davis agree with my statement.

A number one overall for that matter is not a sure thing just as Gonzalez not tearing his ACL isn't a sure thing. You have to go with the probability that a guy chosen at 55 will be better than one at 90 or 125 considering there are 31 other teams looking over the best player available especially in the later rounds.

why does everyone supposedly get drunk and then get on the internet. :huh:

haha, i've always wondered that. i assumed it was the social aspect of drinking, even though you aren't going to be around actual people everytime you have an urge to drink...only time i'm drunk online is after a party

why does everyone supposedly get drunk and then get on the internet. :huh:

I don't get drunk to get on the internet,sometimes it just happens that way.

The funny thing is I've had posts at 3 or 4 in the morning after a night with some Cabo and I can't even figure out the point I was trying to make.

or worse I post on a topic,and come back 20 minutes later and get into an argument with myself.

Thats one way of putting it.