Roddy White extension

shock

I'll continued to be worried until the Falcons have White locked up long term. I'm surprised it hasnt happened this offseason yet. Any word on it at all?

this is nothing more than rumors written at random in the papers, but speculation is we are currently quietly working on a deal with roddy. the pundits are speculating that's why we weren't big players in FA is that we are trying to save cap room in order to sign roddy to a long-term deal.

New England was never big on keeping receivers. TD could have that same philosophy and draft a good receiver every couple of years to keep the offense ticking.

Yeah, they weren't, and then they sucked. That's why they signed Welker, Stallworth, and Moss all in one offseason.

I would think we are keeping all the money out there to sign White. I think we are still beneath the salary floor, and all we really have left are rookies. We will resign White. How many years since we had a real WR? A decade? He will get paid.

Yeah, they weren't, and then they sucked. That's why they signed Welker, Stallworth, and Moss all in one offseason.

I would think we are keeping all the money out there to sign White. I think we are still beneath the salary floor, and all we really have left are rookies. We will resign White. How many years since we had a real WR? A decade? He will get paid.

Wait....what year is it that they sucked? 2000? I don't think they won less than 10 games a year after 2001 and many of those years didn't have Stallworth, Moss, and Welker. Heck the year after Branch was gone and before they got Moss they won 12 games and were 1 win from going to the Super Bowl again.

new england wouldnt pay some one alot of money if they were asking for it. they pay look at brady, thomas and moss. the FO just didnt like the way milloy, branch, and some of the others went about wanting the big ck

i think our FO will be alot of the same. we will give nice contracts out like ryan and turner but not to someone who thinks they cant be replaced

new england wouldnt pay some one alot of money if they were asking for it. they pay look at brady, thomas and moss. the FO just didnt like the way milloy, branch, and some of the others went about wanting the big ck

i think our FO will be alot of the same. we will give nice contracts out like ryan and turner but not to someone who thinks they cant be replaced

They only pay the best. They gave one of the two best QB's in the game a fat contract. They gave the best receiver in the game a big contract, although it still isn't as much as some lesser receivers get.

samuals is a solid CB and did good at Philly last yr. and they wouldnt pay him.. branch could be a solid WR on another team... they didnt pay him, milloy did well for us didnt pay him.. but they pad brady b/c he didnt demand a big ck, they got moss by trade and gave him a good ck but none of them demanded big contracts they were rewarded with them like good players get. no one wants a guy who cries about not getting a big ck

samuals is a solid CB and did good at Philly last yr. and they wouldnt pay him.. branch could be a solid WR on another team... they didnt pay him, milloy did well for us didnt pay him.. but they pad brady b/c he didnt demand a big ck, they got moss by trade and gave him a good ck but none of them demanded big contracts they were rewarded with them like good players get. no one wants a guy who cries about not getting a big ck

NE has a system that makes good CB's out of most anyone. Samuels is above average but they knew he wasn't worth a lot of money. Branch didn't turn into anything after he left the team.

Their system makes players, they only pay the really special ones. I wouldn't doubt we're trying to build the same kind of system here where we make average guys play above average. It seems that's already started with our o-line.