Dietary Supplements

womfalcs3

Do you take any?

I have never really taken supplements before this. I've started taking omega-3 capsules recently. I've been feeling better. It's not psychological, either. My skin looks better, and I'm concentrating more effectively. This has been the only variable that has changed since I took it up.

They gained a new long-term consumer in me.

I used to eat fish once a week, but I've really decreased the rate of fish consumption the past few years.

i take vitamin code by garden of life as my multi with saw palmetto, and also omega fish oils. if i miss more than 3 days i can tell a difference when i hit the gym

Is that a sign of abnormal dependence? I don't want my body to become overly dependent on the supplement(s).

i was thinking about taking whey protein for my workout

take both the whey and multi vitamins. oooo try that nos stuff too i hear it helps work out performance for like 30 mins, something about increasing the flow of blood or something. i wouldn't get dependent on it but i think its ok to use for a few months

Do you take any?

I have never really taken supplements before this. I've started taking omega-3 capsules recently. I've been feeling better. It's not psychological, either. My skin looks better, and I'm concentrating more effectively. This has been the only variable that has changed since I took it up.

They gained a new long-term consumer in me.

I used to eat fish once a week, but I've really decreased the rate of fish consumption the past few years.

You should get the pills that include Omega 3,6, & 9 instead of just Omega 3.

take both the whey and multi vitamins. oooo try that nos stuff too i hear it helps work out performance for like 30 mins, something about increasing the flow of blood or something. i wouldn't get dependent on it but i think its ok to use for a few months

Usually you want to cycle off of it so as not to get a tolerence to it. Usually 9 weeks on 2 weeks off works. I've been on for about 12, still works for me but I think I'm gunna cycle off and use my intra-workout supp as a pre-workout. It would'nt be the same but it's better than nothing at all.

Y'all be careful with those things. Research lately has shown that men who take more than one mulit-vitamin per day have a huge increase in prostate cancer, colon cancer, and other diseases. Not talking about Fish oil specifically, just too many layers of muti-vitamins. Fish oil is really good for your heart, skin and now they're finding that it helps your joints much in the same way glucosamine chondroitin does.

I know, research is usually flimsy at best, but just FYI

I take the following daily:

B complex since I don't eat much meat.

Zinc to help regulate hormones as I age (35 now)

Emergen-C packet for vitamin C and electrolytes.

I am of the opinion that a well balanced diet of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables will cover most of your needs, and that nature provides in food a better source than we can find in pills. Need Omega-3? Take flax seeds. That sort of thing.

Y'all be careful with those things. Research lately has shown that men who take more than one mulit-vitamin per day have a huge increase in prostate cancer, colon cancer, and other diseases. Not talking about Fish oil specifically, just too many layers of muti-vitamins. Fish oil is really good for your heart, skin and now they're finding that it helps your joints much in the same way glucosamine chondroitin does.

I know, research is usually flimsy at best, but just FYI

I think it's a bad idea to bombard your body with supplements in the hopes that you'll keep your bases covered. I think it's best to look at your diet and lifestyle and figure out where you are likely deficient and try to address those needs with diet.

I take the following daily:

B complex since I don't eat much meat.

Zinc to help regulate hormones as I age (35 now)

Emergen-C packet for vitamin C and electrolytes.

I am of the opinion that a well balanced diet of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables will cover most of your needs, and that nature provides in food a better source than we can find in pills. Need Omega-3? Take flax seeds. That sort of thing.

You are 100% correct, that's why they are called supplements. ;)