Chauncey Davis

I watched the re run of the Bears v Falcons game on NFL Network today and when he was in he looked like he played well against the run and also got ALOT better pressure than Andersen. Biermann also got very good pressure when he was in. I hate it that we have so many decent guys on the D line and not any BAD A's besides Abe. I do love the depth though.

IMO, he is solid at both, he is probably the second best run defending De was have after JA98. I think that if/when we draft a DE at 24 then he would be rotated like JA98 on running and passing downs.

A week ago you said Davis was just a run stuffer. Glad to see you have been converted. Bye bye to all thoughts of MJ

IMO, none of those LB will start over the LB that we have on our current roster. I think the SAfety that we draft in the 2nd has a better chance of starting than a LB selected in the 1st. DAvis is not the answer to our pass rushing woes, neither is JA98. Davis has been in the league for 5 years now, i dont think he will get much better at pass rushing, he is a Run-stopping dE like JA98. If Davis was such the threat as a pass do you think the FO would have hesitated to sign him, i dont think so. Abe accounted for 47% of our Sack total last year, if he is out of the game then the chances of us getting a sack decrease by 47%, that is not good, especially for a 31 DE, that has been prone to miss games and plays due to major and minor injuries. The FO is obviously looking for a pass rusher, so they must feel that is a need. The value comes from having a pure pass rusher opposite of Abe on passing downs. The colt's Robert Mathis was voted to a probowl and he only played on passing downs. There is alot of value in a pass rusher that can get to the QB consistently.

A week ago you said Davis was just a run stuffer. Glad to see you have been converted. Bye bye to all thoughts of MJ

No MJ is still the answer to those pass rushing woes. I still feel like he is solid but solid has not be effective enough for us up to this point. WE could use an upgrade when it comes to our pass rush. Davis would be coming on on running downs and coming out on passing downs if we draft a DE in the 1st round. Thanks for taking the time to find that Quote, i really appreciate it. :lol::lol:

No MJ is still the answer to those pass rushing woes. I still feel like he is solid but solid has not be effective enough for us up to this point. WE could use an upgrade when it comes to our pass rush. Davis would be coming on on running downs and coming out on passing downs if we draft a DE in the 1st round. Thanks for taking the time to find that Quote, i really appreciate it. :lol::lol:

Why waste a pick on a player like MJ that has not produced, just cause he is well built doesn't always = future nfl star.

Why waste a pick on a player like MJ that has not produced, just cause he is well built doesn't always = future nfl star.

When has he not produced, he has produced, maybe not to the level that people thought he was because he is so physically gifted as an athlete, but he did produce in college

Here you go

All-American first-team selection by the American Football Coaches Association, adding honorable mention from Sports Illustrated … Consensus All-Atlantic Coast Conference first-team choice … Served as one of three team captains … Recorded 46 tackles (28 solos) as he led the team and finished third in the conference with nine sacks for minus 85 yards and 17.5 stops for losses of 99 yards … His sack totals and tackle for loss numbers both rank tied for tenth on the school season-record list … Caused three fumbles for the third consecutive year and also recovered one fumble … Deflected seven passes and had a 26-yard interception return for a touchdown … Also blocked the third field goal for his Tech career … On 43 running plays he was directly involved in, the opposition gained 37 yards (0.86 yards per carry) with one touchdown … On 16 pass attempts into his territory, his opponents completed six of those tosses for 68 yards and a touchdown (11.33 yards per completion/ 5.23 yards per pass attempt) … Recorded 12 third-down stops and one more on fourth-down … On two goal line plays, he held opposing ball carriers to no yardage. = production

I think with NFL coaching he can develop into the next Julius Peppers. IMO he will still be the 2nd best pass rusher on the team behind Abe if we draft him.

When has he not produced, he has produced, maybe not to the level that people thought he was because he is so physically gifted as an athlete, but he did produce in college

Here you go

All-American first-team selection by the American Football Coaches Association, adding honorable mention from Sports Illustrated … Consensus All-Atlantic Coast Conference first-team choice … Served as one of three team captains … Recorded 46 tackles (28 solos) as he led the team and finished third in the conference with nine sacks for minus 85 yards and 17.5 stops for losses of 99 yards … His sack totals and tackle for loss numbers both rank tied for tenth on the school season-record list … Caused three fumbles for the third consecutive year and also recovered one fumble … Deflected seven passes and had a 26-yard interception return for a touchdown … Also blocked the third field goal for his Tech career … On 43 running plays he was directly involved in, the opposition gained 37 yards (0.86 yards per carry) with one touchdown … On 16 pass attempts into his territory, his opponents completed six of those tosses for 68 yards and a touchdown (11.33 yards per completion/ 5.23 yards per pass attempt) … Recorded 12 third-down stops and one more on fourth-down … On two goal line plays, he held opposing ball carriers to no yardage. = production

I think with NFL coaching he can develop into the next Julius Peppers. IMO he will still be the 2nd best pass rusher on the team behind Abe if we draft him.

He did not produce enough to be #24 overall. He might look good with his shirt off or lifting weights in the gym but he is overrated. First off he doesn't hustle downfield and he is strictly a pass rusher. You can coach a player that wants to play hard not a player who only pass rushes and if he doesn't get to the QB the first time he just quits