how many linebacker will we draft since we already have our starters

would you guys be upset or even shocked if we only pick a inside linebacker in the later round...our starters right now would be peterson, lofton, and nicholas...these guys are all solid players, plus we have wire and the verdict is still out on james. One more interchangel back could be it for our linebacking core this draft. Every here thinks we need to pick our linebacker at 24, i disagree. Our secondary or de will be the only position with value at 24..flame on.

would you guys be upset or even shocked if we only pick a inside linebacker in the later round...our starters right now would be peterson, lofton, and nicholas...these guys are all solid players, plus we have wire and the verdict is still out on james. One more interchangel back could be it for our linebacking core this draft. Every here thinks we need to pick our linebacker at 24, i disagree. Our secondary or de will be the only position with value at 24..flame on.

No flame here, I agree that we it is not absolutely necessary that we address LB early, we could wait until the 4th IMO.

I think we'll be OK for now with the LB corps we have. We do need an outside LB, but our needs at saftey and DE supercede that. It's been said that TD chooses players based on need in the draft, but if a DE or saftey (or LB) is there at 24 but not worth the 24th pick, he'll probably trade down. I think saftey or LB would be available with value at that pick like Laurinitis, Matthews, or the DB out of UConn. Aren't safteys typically chosen in the late 1st/early 2nd anyway?

I think we take one LB in the draft. I think many of the top guys will be gone when we pick in the 1st anyway (although JL is a possibility) so I could see us getting the LB that TD and Smith like the most around the 3rd or 4th round. I would love someone like Marcus Freeman, Jason Williams, Lee Robinson or Jonathan Casillas.

We won't be drafting an ILB unless it is late and only to take over for Gilbert who we just resigned. ILB is far from a need. OLB is the need. Peterson is a year to two year gap at best. We will draft his replacement and we will probably draft some competition for Nicholas and Wire. I think we draft one early and another later or next year.

i stand corrected about gilbert...forgot about him...i do believe he'll get cut this before the season begins...so im thinking he'll be replaced as well. my point is, i don't think we should jump out at twenty four and snatch a linebacker. NO WAY! There is plenty of competitive depth to get in later rds.

ILB, there is no reason to draft one early. We've got a converted MLB playing one side, an unproven young 4th round pick playing the other & no real depth behind either OLB. Wire is ok, but not really a starter. James & Nicholas, late round, unproven guys. Peterson, getting up there in age & has changed positions.

I would like to see us get 2 LBs in this draft.

ILB, there is no reason to draft one early. We've got a converted MLB playing one side, an unproven young 4th round pick playing the other & no real depth behind either OLB. Wire is ok, but not really a starter. James & Nicholas, late round, unproven guys. Peterson, getting up there in age & has changed positions.

I would like to see us get 2 LBs in this draft.

I could see us taking two LBs too, but not one early though.

i stand corrected about gilbert...forgot about him...i do believe he'll get cut this before the season begins...so im thinking he'll be replaced as well. my point is, i don't think we should jump out at twenty four and snatch a linebacker. NO WAY! There is plenty of competitive depth to get in later rds.

I can agree that we can get good talent later but Matthews and Cushing and even LJ are special players. They will have a good chance at being pro bowlers. I'm not sold on Gilbert either but he is just depth and hopefully will not have to play. If something happens to Lofton I would bet that Peterson would slide over. I see us drafting Matthews or Cushing in the first then drafting another LB in the later rounds for depth. Wait, I forgot about James. I really don't know anything about him since his injury was very early but they might consider him depth. Don't know.