Now That I've Though About It a Lil More...

Too Many People on Offense (including Gonzo would need the ball)

1. Turner: Has to have the ball to make the Offense go. (376 attempts/1699 yards)

2. Roddy: Has to have the ball to keep the defense honest. (88 recs/1382 yards)

3. Norwood: Has to have the ball for a change of pace. (827 yards from scrimmage-rushing and rec. combined)

4. Jenkins: Needs the ball unless we could be content with paying 5 mill per year for 700-800yards.

5. Gonzo: Would require the ball ALOT to get the maximum benefit of what we'd pay to get him. (96 Rec/1058 yards)

*******GONZO HAS MISSED ONLY 2 GAMES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER???******* WOW!!!!

There's no doubt that he would be a **** of an addition to this offense. I'm concerned that we have far more pressing needs on defense. Also, look at what we got in the draft in the second round last year. We got our middle linebacker for the next ten years. I think TD could work that same kind of magic again. Lord knows, we need it on defense.

There's no doubt that he would be a **** of an addition to this offense. I'm concerned that we have far more pressing needs on defense. Also, look at what we got in the draft in the second round last year. We got our middle linebacker for the next ten years. I think TD could work that same kind of magic again. Lord knows, we need it on defense.

True....but say we didn't need defense so much. Do you think everyone on offense could stay happy with the amount of touches they'd receive?

That does not make much sense. Turner doesn't HAVE to have that many attempts. Infact i bet he won't have that many this year. Norwood does not HAVE to have as many as he did either. As far as an offensive standpoint you can't realistically say we could not use Gonzalez. He would be an awesome addition. He would also balance out our passing game and provide a great redzone threat which we need. I think our TE's combined for like 217 yds and 2 scores or something.

Now as far as a defensive standpoint then yeah it would be bad because we could use that 2nd pick on someone who could help us out in the run game. Let me throw this out there though. Getting Gonzalez might be pretty beneficial to our defense too because he is a good 3rd down target too and keeping our defense off the field will help.

Having said all that i still do not want to give up a 2nd rounder on him.

That does not make much sense. Turner doesn't HAVE to have that many attempts. Infact i bet he won't have that many this year. Norwood does not HAVE to have as many as he did either. As far as an offensive standpoint you can't realistically say we could not use Gonzalez. He would be an awesome addition. He would also balance out our passing game and provide a great redzone threat which we need. I think our TE's combined for like 217 yds and 2 scores or something.

Now as far as a defensive standpoint then yeah it would be bad because we could use that 2nd pick on someone who could help us out in the run game. Let me throw this out there though. Getting Gonzalez might be pretty beneficial to our defense too because he is a good 3rd down target too and keeping our defense off the field will help.

Having said all that i still do not want to give up a 2nd rounder on him.

A TE, like Gonzo that consistantly put up his type of numbers would be a problem it think. He had 15+ more catches than Roddy last year. Turner needs the touches to justify the salary (I'm thinking). In other words, Gonzo is go :huh: nna WANT THE BALL....isn't he?

Good points. I don't want to give up a 2nd for him, as the long term reward is much greater keeping the pick. On the other hand. I would be fine with Turner loosing a few touches. He won't last long carring the ball 375 times per year. In the short term I think Gonzo would make a big difference. Roddy, Jenkins, Norwood, and Turner would lose a combined total of about 50-60 touches I'm guessing, but the addition of a threat like Gonzo would only increase the productivity of those touches. Everyone will get their yards, they will just come in bigger chunks. Not to mention Ryan's efficiency would certainly improve with a pass catching TE. I think all the above mentioned players would be fine giving up a few touches for more productive touches, not to mention a better overall offense and a better chance to win right now.

A TE, like Gonzo that consistantly put up his type of numbers would be a problem it think. He had 15+ more catches than Roddy last year. Turner needs the touches to justify the salary (I'm thinking). In other words, Gonzo is go :huh: nna WANT THE BALL....isn't he?

By your logic shouldn't you also be concerned that Ryan is not justifying his salary because he is not throwing enough? The best thing that can happen is to take the oversized burden off of Turner. We got to be too predictable by the end of last year.

Good points. I don't want to give up a 2nd for him, as the long term reward is much greater keeping the pick. On the other hand. I would be fine with Turner loosing a few touches. He won't last long carring the ball 375 times per year. In the short term I think Gonzo would make a big difference. Roddy, Jenkins, Norwood, and Turner would lose a combined total of about 50-60 touches I'm guessing, but the addition of a threat like Gonzo would only increase the productivity of those touches. Everyone will get their yards, they will just come in bigger chunks. Not to mention Ryan's efficiency would certainly improve with a pass catching TE. I think all the above mentioned players would be fine giving up a few touches for more productive touches, not to mention a better overall offense and a better chance to win right now.

So you think Gonzo would be happy with 50 or 60 touches? Just curious....

By your logic shouldn't you also be concerned that Ryan is not justifying his salary because he is not throwing enough? The best thing that can happen is to take the oversized burden off of Turner. We got to be too predictable by the end of last year.

As far as I'm concerned, Ryan can dink and dunk for the next 10 years and his salary will be justified. -_- You haven't added anything of value to this discussion..... <_<

As far as I'm concerned, Ryan can dink and dunk for the next 10 years and his salary will be justified. -_- You haven't added anything of value to this discussion..... <_<

Why does he get a free pass from the pay per yard evaluation? What works for one should work for all.

Concerning "All " of our defensive needs.

No matter what the situation you simply do not ignore 1/2 of your team on draft day.

We have 7 picks this year and we will spend at the least 2 of those picks on Offense

and one of those will be in the early rounds 1-3.

So lets say for a minute that we give KC a 2nd.

That is the early Offensive pick.

We can come back in the 4th or at 5a and get a good O Lineman.

This actually supports a trade for the Gonzoloid if TD so chooses.

Also if TD trades down the 24 then this becomes even better.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

So you think Gonzo would be happy with 50 or 60 touches? Just curious....

Yes I do, if the 20+ touches he is losing are productive. He was basically the only option in KC, although Bowe is emerging. He has said that he wants to play for a team with a chance to win. Those 50-60 touches could net him the same yards as he was getting on 70-80 touches, and he would still probably get 7-10 TDs. I think he would be elated to trade about 1.5 catches per game for a chance to compete and win in the playoffs and still be productive. Do you think he would be unhappy with that tradeoff?

Why does he get a free pass from the pay per yard evaluation? What works for one should work for all.

Dink and Dunk means taking what the defense gives you. It's not a free pass, if you think it is...head on down to Flowery Branch and compete at the QB spot this year.

All I was asking you to do was explain why Tony G. would be a good fit in Atlanta given the type of numbers that everyone is use to having. :mellow:

Yes I do, if the 20+ touches he is losing are productive. He was basically the only option in KC, although Bowe is emerging. He has said that he wants to play for a team with a chance to win. Those 50-60 touches could net him the same yards as he was getting on 70-80 touches, and he would still probably get 7-10 TDs. I think he would be elated to trade about 1.5 catches per game for a chance to compete and win in the playoffs and still be productive. Do you think he would be unhappy with that tradeoff?

Somewhat....I could have the wrong impression about Gonzo, but I thought he was a "me" first player. I'd rather have a "Gates" type or the next young "breast" out of College... :lol:

Dink and Dunk means taking what the defense gives you. It's not a free pass, if you think it is...head on down to Flowery Branch and compete at the QB spot this year.

All I was asking you to do was explain why Tony G. would be a good fit in Atlanta given the type of numbers that everyone is use to having. :mellow:

Thanks for making my point for me. As long as we are moving the ball and putting up points it doesn't matter if a player personal yardarge stats fluctuate between games and years. He is a threat to any defense so even if he is not catching as much he can still have a very positive impact.

He might also appreciate not being the main target so he can squeeze more time out of his career.

Somewhat....I could have the wrong impression about Gonzo, but I thought he was a "me" first player. I'd rather have a "Gates" type or the next young "breast" out of College... :lol:

Not sure about him as a person either, but I don't recall a whole lot of controversy surrounding him ala Shockey. I do know that the great players want to win more than anything (most of the time!), especially when entering the downside of their careers. I would be very pleased with a young "breast" out of college! :lol: