Are the Falcons ready for Prime Time again?

Statick

Are the Falcons ready for Prime Time again?

April 13, 2009, by D. Orlando Ledbetter

The NFL is set to release the week-by-week schedule for the 2009 season at 7 p.m. tomorrow

The Falcons already know their opponents.

Home games include: Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Carolina, Philadelphia, Washington, Buffalo, Miami and Chicago.

Away games include: Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Carolina, Dallas, New York Giants, New England, New York Jets and San Francisco.

The Falcons should get at least one Monday night game and possibly a Sunday night game. The away game at New England with Matt Ryan returning to the Boston area should get prime time consideration.

The Falcons will get a chance to see some of the players who left during free agency. Keith Brooking will get a shot at his old team when the Falcons go to Dallas. Linebacker Michael Boley is now with the New York Giants and will host the Falcons in Giants Stadium.

This offseason’s bad boy, Jay Culter, will lead the Chicago Bears into the Georgia Dome. Miami running back Ronnie Brown of Cartersville will get a chance to play in front of some of his hometown folks.

Also, the Falcons organized team activity schedule was released by the league. Each team is permitted to conduct up to 14 organized training sessions as part of their offseason workout programs

The sessions are supposed to be non-contact, but let’s just say that the big guys get “tangled” up from time to time.

The Falcons’ OTAs are sent for May 20-21, May 26-28, June 2-4, June 9-11 and June 16-18.

How many prime time games do you think the Falcons should get? How tough does that road schedule look? Excited about the teams coming to play in the Georgia Dome? How important are the OTA’s to getting ready for training camp?

Look for NE to be one. Look for possibly the Panthers being another. Their really is a ton of possibilties this year because of how many Prime Time games the East always gets. We could possibly have one with any of those teams. The Saints is always a good bet too. I think we could get at least 2 or 3 and yes, I think we are ready. Matt Ryan is ready. We will have to see about the defense.

I could see the Saints game being Primetime.

TV loves offense and you would think based on last year the Saints/Falcons games that points will be scored.

The D had one of it's best days at the Dome and Matty had one of his best days in NO.

Yeah... I could see that...

UGH! we should have had that game at NO. but our DEFENSE COULD NOT STOP THE RUN! but anyway, i hope we can get patriots or cowboys on a sunday night

Well, we never seem to play Philly that well, so I'm hoping that's not prime time.

It'll probably be an away game:Dallas or Giants--maybe NE like the article stated if we get two.

(Why do we always seem to play Dallas and the Giants at their house?)

If we get a Monday night game it will probably be a division game or the game versus Dallas. Then Tony, Mike and Jaws can talk about the construction accidents with the new stadium, the Cowboys getting rid of T.O., Matt Ryan's potential and the Falcons turn around last year. I've always wanted to see how Jaws would break down Ryan's game. Chicago and/or New England could be prime time with Ryan vs. Cutler and Ryan vs. Brady.

Look for NE to be one. Look for possibly the Panthers being another. Their really is a ton of possibilties this year because of how many Prime Time games the East always gets. We could possibly have one with any of those teams. The Saints is always a good bet too. I think we could get at least 2 or 3 and yes, I think we are ready. Matt Ryan is ready. We will have to see about the defense.

I saw this article earlier, that game would be definatly popular. Brady VS Ryan in Boston. I just hope we can get a defense together. ;)

I could see the Saints game being Primetime.

TV loves offense and you would think based on last year the Saints/Falcons games that points will be scored.

The D had one of it's best days at the Dome and Matty had one of his best days in NO.

Yeah... I could see that...

The aints don't need a primetime game! :lol:

Nor do the yucs and the panties.