Who's Down to Trade Down?

falconva7

It seems like there will be no "sure things" at #24. Do the majority of you want to stay put or is there really someone you have your heart set on at that spot? I think if we trade down and pick up another 2nd and another 3rd that we can pick up any of the following two guys in the 2nd:

- Clint Sintim

- Ron Brace

- Ziggy Hood

- Alphonso Smith

- Louis Delmas

- William Moore

- Sean Smith

- Larry English

- MIchael Johnson

- James Laurinitis

- Jairus Byrd

- Jared Cook (if the team feels that we need to address this position, I think it can wait)

My point is that we can pick up some decent players in round two that will be equivalent in talent (in my opinion) to anyone who'd be available at 24. Potential trade partners could be the Giants who might want to pick up a WR like Britt or Harvin before Miami gets a chance to pick, or maybe the Titans for the same reason. The Patriots also have the ammo to move up with their three 2nd rounders.

I think trading down can be very good this year, most of the guys I'm interested in are likely to be available in the early 2nd. There's only 2 or 3 first rounders that I really want, Cushing, English, Jerry (but even he falls later in some mocks.). I'd be down to get some extra picks and pick up Delmas. I know that TD does the work so he knows how to draft in the second and third.

I don't believe in trading down just to get more picks, but if the 1st round doesn't break the way we want it too, I'd rather move down

than reach or BPA out of position

Well let me ask you this, what scenario would prompt you to want to stay put? The only player that could legitimately somehow fall to us at 24 that I think would be worth taking is Brian Cushing, and even in that scenario, I still don't see Cush getting past the first 23 picks.

Well let me ask you this, what scenario would prompt you to want to stay put? The only player that could legitimately somehow fall to us at 24 that I think would be worth taking is Brian Cushing, and even in that scenario, I still don't see Cush getting past the first 23 picks.

I'd be happy with Cushing, Laurinaitis, Pettigrew or even Malcolm Jenkins if corners fall as some suggest. Tempering that, I

can easily envision all those players going above 24

I'd be happy with Cushing, Laurinaitis, Pettigrew or even Malcolm Jenkins if corners fall as some suggest. Tempering that, I

can easily envision all those players going above 24

Like I said, Cushing is the only one I think worthy of the 24th pick. I'm really weary about taking a player with no position really high (reminds me a little too much of Jimmy Williams). I think Laurinitis will be good but we can get a comparable player in the 2nd round and I think Clint Sintim is actually better suited for the SLB position where as Laurinitis would be better at WLB (and we just signed Mike Peterson for that). As for Pettigrew, I really hope we don't use our first two picks on offense. Our defense was the problem last year and we've done nothing but lose important pieces to it (Brooking, Milloy, Jackson, Foxworth).

I'd be in favor of a trade down IF it means that we could pick up a 3rd round pick OR a very high 4th round pick by dealing down. We need some immediate contributors on defense and it's unlikely that anyone taken outside of the top 100 picks can be expected to contribute right off the bat (if at all). If Cushing and Jerry are off the board, I'd much prefer to deal down so long as we can recoup a 3rd or high 4th in the process. The only other player that excites me who will be there at 24 is Ziggy Hood and there's a reasonable chance he'll fall out of the 1st round anyway...