Say No To Gonzo

Jp7833

Does anyone else think that the idea of Gonzo for a second round pick is sickening. If TD gives up a 2nd round pick for a guy thats got 3 years left in him MAX, i'll cry myself to sleep for the rest of April. We can take a TE in the 3rd round and have him for the next 15 years and save that 2nd rounder on Defense. Someone like Jared Cook maybe.

Is there anyone here who would actually like to trade a 2nd round for Tony Gonzalez?

I mean dont get me wrong, if you say Gonzo for a 4th round pick, id take that but I still wouldnt be ecstatic. Didnt Randy Moss go for a 4th?

Anyways...

Thoughts?

I agree. After reports that he snubbed us last year. Not sure how accurate that is, but I'm not bringing in a 33 year onld TE for anything other than a 4th round pick on the high end. He just does not have enought of a career left compared to what a 2nd or 3rd round pick could bring us long term. Plus we need too much on D right now.

If we trade out of the 1st round an pick up a 2nd and a 3rd, I would be for trading a 2nd for Gonzo. We would have the same amount of picks, and a probowler added to the roster. Then we could pick up any first round talent that slips to the second round. With TD drafting I have faith.

With that being said I doubt this trade happens tho. Gonzo imo is just a smokescreen