Tony Gonzalez and Tamba Hali

atljbo

If Thomas Dimitroff could find away to get Tony Gonzalez and Tamba Hali for a 2nd and 5th round pick.....I would go nuts.. ... No way would i trade a 2nd round pick for just Gonzo....... I'm hearing that KC are stuck on what to do with Tamba Hali.... Tamba is not big or stout enough to be a 3-4 DE and does not have the hips or face enough to play 3-4 OLB.....

We could kill two birds with one stone and KC could 1 of the 3 players (in the 2nd round range) that they are aimimg for..... Jarron Gilbert or Clint Sintim or Connor Barwin

i dont know ... the Falcons have shown no intrest in bringing in older guys, for them to trade away picks for a fast aging TE ?????

dont know man, kinda hard to see them pulling the trigger on a deal like that...

I agree... No way would i trade a 2nd round pick just for Gonzo..... Tony Gonzalez is good but the guy is 33 years old...... It may not be for a 2nd round pick but i do think that its something to this report.... Last year befor the trade deadline i heard that Tony Gonzalez turn down a possible trade to the Falcons...

I agree... No way would i trade a 2nd round pick just for Gonzo..... Tony Gonzalez is good but the guy is 33 years old...... It may not be for a 2nd round pick but i do think that its something to this report.... Last year befor the trade deadline i heard that Tony Gonzalez turn down a possible trade to the Falcons...

before last yr you couldnt blame him lol... anyone that wanted to win wanted no part of us in 08... if he knew how good we were going to be he probably would have gladly came to Atlanta... guess we will see, time is running out as far as draft picks for this yr, if there is any merit to it i believe we will know this week....

Its possible that this trade will happen. I just think it would be better to go after Purvis - Ryan's tight end from Boston College. The guy has great hands, but is suspect in other areas. Because of the former relationship together and similar work ethics, I believe Purvis would be the long term answer for us.

If Thomas Dimitroff could find away to get Tony Gonzalez and Tamba Hali for a 2nd and 5th round pick.....I would go nuts.. ... No way would i trade a 2nd round pick for just Gonzo....... I'm hearing that KC are stuck on what to do with Tamba Hali.... Tamba is not big or stout enough to be a 3-4 DE and does not have the hips or face enough to play 3-4 OLB.....

We could kill two birds with one stone and KC could 1 of the 3 players (in the 2nd round range) that they are aimimg for..... Jarron Gilbert or Clint Sintim or Connor Barwin

If we got those two for a 2nd and a 5th, that would be phenomenal.

I've wished we could have drafted the guy (Hali) back in '06, but (heh) we didn't have a first round draft pick that year. <_<

We still would be in the same situation on defense that

we are in now. We need those picks to move forward in

filling our holes. There is a tight end in next year's draft

we should make plans to get. First things first, we have

a season to play and need to be stout on defense.

We still would be in the same situation on defense that

we are in now. We need those picks to move forward in

filling our holes. There is a tight end in next year's draft

we should make plans to get. First things first, we have

a season to play and need to be stout on defense.

There's a TE in this year's draft, too, but I don't think we'll get either.

If we landed Pettigrew, that would be awesome as well.

i dont know ... the Falcons have shown no intrest in bringing in older guys, for them to trade away picks for a fast aging TE ?????

dont know man, kinda hard to see them pulling the trigger on a deal like that...

Remember, TD has talked about following the Pats process, which usually involves filling the roster with young, drafted talent and SUPPLEMENTING key positions with experienced veterans (see: Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, etc in NE).

And Gonzo is not just a fast aging TE, if one were even to consider him that at all. Tony is also the most productive TE in NFL history, a sure-fire HOFer, and a balanced TE with the skill set and mentality to be an elite pass catcher, and also the fire and determination to be an early down run blocker, as he has proven to be over the course of his extraordinary career thus far.

I would fully support this move if it is made, as the only TE in this draft class that really stands out to me as a clear improvement over the ones we have on our roster already is Pettigrew. And we certainly won't be able to acquire him at #55, so this trade would be great for us.

I might would do it for a 3rd and a 5th or both for a 2nd.

Remember, TD has talked about following the Pats process, which usually involves filling the roster with young, drafted talent and SUPPLEMENTING key positions with experienced veterans (see: Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, etc in NE).

And Gonzo is not just a fast aging TE, if one were even to consider him that at all. Tony is also the most productive TE in NFL history, a sure-fire HOFer, and a balanced TE with the skill set and mentality to be an elite pass catcher, and also the fire and determination to be an early down run blocker, as he has proven to be over the course of his extraordinary career thus far.

I would fully support this move if it is made, as the only TE in this draft class that really stands out to me as a clear improvement over the ones we have on our roster already is Pettigrew. And we certainly won't be able to acquire him at #55, so this trade would be great for us.

Best argument I've heard so far on the "pro's" of this trade. And I agree.

there is no way they give us hali and gonzo for a 2nd and a 5th...

gonzo makes us a top 5 offense and hali gives us a complete line almost, he was a 1st rounder....

no idea who Hali is but gonzo will not be had for a second rounder just for him. Alone, gonzo is worth a mid thrid max. Just because of age. His talent is round one talent but his age wont give but a few years if that. The Hali guy seems to be decent just out of scheme(so my fellow falcons said right above me) so its puts in the second becasue the kid is yet to prove himself but seems to have a lot of upside along with soild football IQ. either way i would like to walk away with them both for a 3rd and 5th. that would be sick.

The Pats drafted Bruschi and picked up Vrabel after his 4th season. Gonzalez is 33, so he's not fast aging, he's old for

an NFL TE. He is the most productive TE in history, but what percentage of players who have achieved such milestones,

continue to produce at that level in the years that follow?

TD's involvement with the Patriots was on the Draft side

of player acquisition and I expect him to lean that direction

with us. That is what he knows best. It is also best for our

franchise that good young players are drafted and retained

and worked in as they are ready. New England has gone ape

on old players recently and it may because they have lost their

guys who have a handle on the draft like TD. It could also be

that they see themselves about to go into decline and are going

for a shot this year and maybe next before they have to start

a youth campaign/rebuild.

Problems with your aurguement:

Vrabel (Not even a starter in Pittsburgh) was signed after 4 years in the NFL and served 8 years with the Patriots - Gonzalez has 10 years in the league and we may get 2 years only out of him. Vrabel was bench stock in Pittsburgh with only 44 tackles in 4 years before he went to the Patriots. Not really able to consider him an experienced vet to supplement. Patriots found a diamond hiding in Pittsburgh's rough.

Brushci was drafted by the Patriots - he wasn't a supplement.

Harrison is the noly one that could even be considered to be an experienced vet brought in to sublement but he spent 2005, 2006, 2008 on the IR. So who supplemented him?

Sure Gonzalez is a top TE but his cap hit over the next 2 years of the contract we would pick up is 10.25 Million. Then we would have to resign him or look elsewhere. Too much money to spend for a possible 2 year investment.