Would Tony Gonzalez Make us a top

LVfalconfan

I think he very well could and if it was something like tony and a 4th for our 2nd, it would be worth it. I cant see TD trading any of our players for him. Jerious Norwood a possibility but I think fans would flip out. ( not saying I would want that) but we had an abundance of wr and td gave one away, we have an abundance of RB would he do the same?

I think he is very well could and if it was something like tony and a 4th for our 2nd, it would be worth it. I cant see TD trading any of our players for him. Jerious Norwood a possibility but I think fans would flip out.

He had over 1000 yards and 10 tds last year just imagine how many more points we would score a game if matty ice could add an extra 1000 yards and 10 tds to his stats that would be crazy

Would Gonzo "Make" us a Top 5? in one word, No.

The TE as you recall is a great safety valve for a developing QB

who is learning the down field reads.

Ryan has this skill set, so to think that Tony would be a great safety valve

would be to miss the point in its entirety.

Tony however would bring something to the table, no questioning that

simply due to his Blocking Abilities, which are superb, and great hands.

The problem here is two fold in nature.

1, What is his true worth in a trade considering that he has 3 years left?

To answer this you need to factor that the average NFL career is 4 years.

So if he comes in and palys for 3 years with high production then his worth

is at minimun a 2nd round pick.

2. Production.

Since Ryan knows how to make the down field reads, Tonys value as a safety valve is

not of a major importance.

So if he comes here and his production stats taper off a bit, would Tony be happy in Atlanta?

His previous QB's have leaned on him pretty much his entire career and

that will not be the case with Ryan.

All in all, if Tony has 3 years left in his body, then I say a 3 rd rounder is a very safe bet,

and while a 2nd rounder is a small reach, I am good with it.

Tony is an Old Pro and the entire Team will benefit.

The knowledge that he will pass onto Ryan makes this a worthwhile venture.

I love the guys who don't want to draft a TE early, now willing to shop a high pick for 33 year old Gonzalez

It really makes no sense, a wash if you ask me, but still favors Gonzo because

he is a Proven Player.

But also something here to be mindful of, is that Tony will not be over used in Atlanta, and

this sets up the likely hood that we could get 3 solid years of production out of him.

Mularkey will play him like a fine Violin.

It really makes no sense, a wash if you ask me, but still favors Gonzo because

he is a Proven Player.

But also something here to be mindful of, is that Tony will not be over used in Atlanta, and

this sets up the likely hood that we could get 3 solid years of production out of him.

Mularkey will play him like a fine Violin.

He's 33 with 11 seasons under his belt. That's a lot of wear on any player, much less a TE.

He is overdue to hit the wall.

League history isn't full of productive TE's at that age

I disagree with this move. It makes no sense whatsoever!!! Gonzolez is in the twilight of his career and we could grab a protype TE in the draft. The offense is already highspeed so why waste a player like Norwood and a @nd round pick for a guy that will be out of the league in a few years. If this happens I would be totally shocked!!! Why would the FO bring him in now and not at the beginning of FA!! Not to drive down the cost of having Gonzo because a player and a 2nd round pick is very expensive. No way the deal gets done!!!

He had over 1000 yards and 10 tds last year just imagine how many more points we would score a game if matty ice could add an extra 1000 yards and 10 tds to his stats that would be crazy

It doesn't work that way. If we throw more to our TE's, we will throw less to our recievers. Remember we are a run oriented offense. That said, I do think it would add to our total output on offense. If the TE is truely a threat, it should ad more TD's but I doubt it would ad 10 TD's.

It doesn't work that way. If we throw more to our TE's, we will throw less to our recievers. Remember we are a run oriented offense. That said, I do think it would add to our total output on offense. If the TE is truely a threat, it should ad more TD's but I doubt it would ad 10 TD's.

That and Mularkey has a history of not utilizing TEs hardly at all in any pass situations.