TheAtlantaFans Falcons mock draft

Zanka

Draft

Round 1: Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan - Some may say that he isn't worth this pick but I think he will be. He has a very agressive play-style, he play bigger than his size indicates, he is great against the run and nice in coverage. He is also a great leader

Round 2: Lawrence Sidbury Jr, DE, Richmond - He has risen up the draft charts very fast. The maker of the Sidbury spin move. He is a great pass rusher, and I think that we can use him greatly in rotation. He has a great burst of the snap and reminds me a lot of JA55

Round 3: Jason Williams, OLB, Western Illinois - Here is one the drafts forgotten players. He had nice production at Western Illinois. He is great when dropping back in coverage, and he is also a sure tackler in the open field. Groom him behind Peterson for a year or two

Round 4: TJ Lang, OT, Eastern Michigan - Our first offensive pick in the draft. He is a great mauler. Great upper- and lower bodystrength. He works hard through every play. Nice in both pass- and run blocking. I think we can make some of him in the future

Round 5: Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman - Here is the drafts steal. On NFL.coms scouting report they compare him to Shaun Rogers. He is a very athletic NT that played some DE in college. He is a great run stuffer and with his athleticism we can learn him to pass-rush

Round 5: Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa - A CB with nice combination of size(6'0) and speed(4.47). He uses his hands greatly to break up the pass. He sacrifises himself to avoid the big play. Not a lot of downside to him and he is a sure tackler in the open field

Round 6: Greg Carr, WR, Florida State - Finneran is getting old and we will soon need a new end-zone target. If you read scouting reports on him you will see that he is nothing but a pure end-zone target. Very tall(6'6). Ability to make the catch in trafic. And nice toe-tap

UDFA

Ryan Purvis, TE, Boston College - He had nice production when Ryan was still at BC, but when Ryan left his production dropped dramatically. He is a great blocker and he has very sure hands when it comes to make the catch. A nice future 2nd string TE

Marcus Thigpen, KR, Indiana - Maybe this years Clifton Smith? He may be the best KR coming out of college this year. We draft him so we can involve Harry Douglas and Jerious Norwood more in the offensive plan. A nice signing as a UDFA

Depth Chart

QB: Ryan-Redman-Schockley

RB: Turner-Norwood-Brown

FB: Mughelli-Snelling

TE: Peele-Hartsock-Purvis

WR: White-Carr

WR: Jenkins-Douglas-Finneran

LT: Baker-Svitek

LG: Blalock-Wilkerson-Ojinaka

C: McClure-Romberg

RG: Dahl-Foster

RT: Clabo-Lang

DE: Abraham-Biermann

DT: Lewis-Jefferson

DT: Babineaux-Hill-Moorehead

DE: Davis/Anderson-Sidbury

SLB: Peterson-Williams-Wire

MLB: Lofton-Gilbert

WLB: Nicholas-James

CB: Houston-Hutchins

CB: Jackson-Fletcher

FS: Delmas-Decoud

SS: Coleman-Fudge

Explanation to our picks

Offense: On offense we now have great depth on our offensive line and also some nice talent. Lang is a nice project to develop and I think he can become a nice RT. We got Purvis who is a nice blocker and has sure hands. That is the making of a nice 2nd string TE for the future. Then we got Thigpen, we get Thigpen so we can use him as a PR/KR. With him there we can now involve Harry Douglas and Jerious Norwood more into the offense. Greg Carr in the 6th is our up and coming end-zone target. He will learn from Finneran until he stops and then he will be our new end-zone target. We will have a great offense next year. Davis and Anderson will share snaps throughout the year and battle out for the starting DE spot

Defense: We get some great defensive players in this draft. Sidbury is a great developmental prospect. He is a great pass rusher already and we can maybe learn him to stop the run to. He will come in on obvious passing situations. Delmas can come in and contribute right away. He will help our pass defense and our run defense. Jason Williams in the 3rd is another guy we will look to develop into a future starter. He has great potential and will after Peterson be our future starter at SLB. Sammie Lee Hill is the drafts steal. He is great in run stuffing and with his great athleticism we can make something out of him. Maybe a future starter here to? But for now he will come in on obvious running downs and also be great depth. Bradley Fletcher is a guy that can come in in the nickle. He can maybe come in when the other team has a long 3rd down because of his speed and ability to cover speedy WRs down the field

Wheres my red ink pen? lol just kidding.

1) To much of a reach to me. Now if we trade down then I would be fine with this pick. Though I am smitten with BP in the first.

2) Another reach, though I do believe he will go in the 2nd round. This is just a case of a guy whose stock has went above his actual talent level.

3) Love it, this guy would be a starter at SLB in 2010.

4) I'll admit I don't know much about Lang. Probably because there is a guy just as good that could be taken with our 5th rounder :) lol

5a) If he lasts till our 5th I'll eat a pinecone. Hes going in the top half of the 3rd. Great player though.

5b) I don't know much about Fletcher, I'm a Joe Burnett fan.

6) Great pick