Peyton

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done man, great read.
Thats some good stuff going on right there

Glad you both liked. I learned some stuff while researching the article. I had either forgotten or I never knew that the pics the Falcons traded for Jeff George were used for Bryant Young and Marvin Harrison. Made me slightly ill to learn that.

Man this was pretty good. That 08 draft class will go done as the turning point in our franchise. And all the credit should go to TD and the coaching staff. I think we have a coaching staff that is very underrated. If we continue to improve like last season someone is going to have to stand up and give these guys their props.

Excellent read. Despite his relatively short career, Jamaal Anderson was easily the biggest draft day steal in Falcons

history.

Thank you for the compliment, and I agree. The only guy even close I think is Jeff Van Note, who was drafted in the 11th round as a LB then made 5 Pro Bowls while starting at Center for the Falcons for 18 years.

Thanks for the great post. I think any fan wondering why we haven't had back to back winning seasons in our franchise only has to see how many 1st round misses we've had albeit amid a few gems.

Finally we have a GM & Coach who both know the value of scouting as a prerequisite to building a successful franchise.

Man this was pretty good. That 08 draft class will go done as the turning point in our franchise. And all the credit should go to TD and the coaching staff. I think we have a coaching staff that is very underrated. If we continue to improve like last season someone is going to have to stand up and give these guys their props.

I think the 08 draft class has a chance to be considered one of the best ever by any team. If we get half as much out of the 09 draft, it will be a good draft.

Thanks for the great post. I think any fan wondering why we haven't had back to back winning seasons in our franchise only has to see how many 1st round misses we've had albeit amid a few gems.

Finally we have a GM & Coach who both know the value of scouting as a prerequisite to building a successful franchise.

I agree. I think that the hiring of Dimitroff and Smith with the drafting of Ryan was the beginiing of the glory days for the Falcons.

I agree. I think that the hiring of Dimitroff and Smith with the drafting of Ryan was the beginiing of the glory days for the Falcons.

One of the points that Mr Blank raised during his interview recently on 790 The Zone was a conversation he once had with Art Rooney, who stated there were four elements to building a successful franchise: You needed a great Owner, a great GM & Coach & a franchise QB. Mr Blank joked that we had 3 of the 4 (self-deprecation to himself), but in all honesty I believe we finally have the pieces in place for greatness. I appreciate that we're only a year into this new project, but when you see how far we've come from the debacle that was the 2007 season; it can only give you hope and a cause for optimism for the future.

Guest Gritz

Great great stuff......

Loads better than most of the articles you can find on pro football anywhere else....

Really enjoyed reading it.....even though parts of it were painful...... :lol:

Great great stuff......

Loads better than most of the articles you can find on pro football anywhere else....

Really enjoyed reading it.....even though parts of it were painful...... :lol:

Yeah some of it was painful to write too. Atleast I got to end it on a high note. Thank you very much for the compliment.

Thanks for posting even though I disagree with you about Humphrey and you left out Mr. Atlanta Falcon - Tommy Nobis.

Harry Douglas had that one "great" game, but it would be wonderful for him to truly be a super star since he is a homey. However, I would rather it be Matty Ice Ryan who actually could be.

Thanks for posting even though I disagree with you about Humphrey and you left out Mr. Atlanta Falcon - Tommy Nobis.

Harry Douglas had that one "great" game, but it would be wonderful for him to truly be a super star since he is a homey. However, I would rather it be Matty Ice Ryan who actually could be.

A lot of people feel that way about Tommy Nobis. My argument for Claude Humphrey over him as a dominant defensive player would be that the Falcons had the best scoring defense in the history of the league the year after Nobis retired. So it's hard for me to argue that Nobis is the best Falcons defensive player ever when the defense had thier best year after he was gone.

I think Harry Douglas just needs opportunities, and that he'll get them this year. I think the Falcons are going to run a lot of hurry up this year, and Douglas is part of that package.