The Dawgvent is in near meltdown mode over Joe Cox....

pit&atlfan81

One guy compared him to Todd Boeckman of OSU, another to Brandon Cox. :lol::lol:

Yet another guy said that if he's the best we got at QB, the Dawgs are in trouble and that he has "limited talent".

This is what you get on the DV. You can count on 2 hands the # of inteleegent, rational posters on there. The rest are dumbasses and everytime you read a post by them your IQ level drops by 2 points. After reading some of that over there since yesterday I feel that I need to go to a Mensa meeting to get back the IQ points that I've lost.

And all of this is being said after he goes 9 of 16 w/3 drops. If those 3 passes are caught that's a 75% completion rate against the 1st team defense! Just unbelievable the idiot fans the Dawgs have. I know every team has them, but it just seems at times that we have more then others.

DIscuss.

One guy compared him to Todd Boeckman of OSU, another to Brandon Cox. :lol::lol:

Yet another guy said that if he's the best we got at QB, the Dawgs are in trouble and that he has "limited talent".

This is what you get on the DV. You can count on 2 hands the # of inteleegent, rational posters on there. The rest are dumbasses and everytime you read a post by them your IQ level drops by 2 points. After reading some of that over there since yesterday I feel that I need to go to a Mensa meeting to get back the IQ points that I've lost.

And all of this is being said after he goes 9 of 16 w/3 drops. If those 3 passes are caught that's a 75% completion rate against the 1st team defense! Just unbelievable the idiot fans the Dawgs have. I know every team has them, but it just seems at times that we have more then others.

DIscuss.

The irony in that statement -_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

DIscuss.

The drops AND the high and low snaps I saw, Cox only let one of those get by him I think but the others he handled certainly did not help any

Cox has a lot of experience.....He knows the in and out of the playbook more than any of our other QB.

Yesterday, our receiver was dropping pass left and right. We have Marlon Brown, Rantavious Wooten, and Orson Charles coming in the fall. Let's see if they can help and improve our WR position right behind AJ. I know Orson is a TE, but I hope Ritch and Bobo put him in some as a slot WR.

Base on yesterday perform, the best QB is Logan Gray. I'm very impress. If Joe Cox does not play well early on, then he should be demoted and Logan should start.

If the forum is so bad and the posters are so unintelegent why do you bring that garbage over here? The best thing about this forum is that we dont have to deal with that kind of stuff.

He has to find a group of posters worse than him, and individual team message boards are the best places to find them.

If the forum is so bad and the posters are so unintelegent why do you bring that garbage over here? The best thing about this forum is that we dont have to deal with that kind of stuff.

Dude I have asked him this question about 300 times. He reads DawgVent and listens to 790 and then brings that garbage over here and posts about how stupid everybody and everything is.

I think 790 is terrible, so you know what? I don't listen to them.

I dislike the majority of Florida Gator fans except for the ones here, so you know what? I'm not registered on any Gator message boards.

I guess it's just a matter of self control. Some people have it and some people don't.

With that being said, Cox will be the second coming of Joe Tereshinski. B)

i am over in dawgvent and it's not close to a meltdown.. you have a few dawg fans who love aaron murray or want logan gray starting and have question joe cox from the very beginning. every fan base has a few fans who have favorites they want to see start.. it's really ridiculous you bring that over here.. in fact most have said and I agree all our QBs looked very good. If our non scholarship fillins would have caught the balls we would have had more points, but the qbs threw the ball in stride, were very accurate. it was a very good day for the qbs (except for mett).

Dude I have asked him this question about 300 times. He reads DawgVent and listens to 790 and then brings that garbage over here and posts about how stupid everybody and everything is.

I think 790 is terrible, so you know what? I don't listen to them.

I dislike the majority of Florida Gator fans except for the ones here, so you know what? I'm not registered on any Gator message boards.

I guess it's just a matter of self control. Some people have it and some people don't.

With that being said, Cox will be the second coming of Joe Tereshinski. B)

you dislike them yet you post so much like them.. btw you have no clue about joe cox to make that comparison.. there is zero comparison between the two players.

you dislike them yet you post so much like them.. btw you have no clue about joe cox to make that comparison.. there is zero comparison between the two players.

Really there's no comparison? He's a 5th year senior who everyone was saying the EXACT same things about.

He has been soaking up the playbook for 5 years, he knows it in and out.

All he has to do is manage the game.

He has been patiently waiting for his turn and now he's going to be motivated to succeed.

Just saying...I've heard it before.

You really need to curb your knee-jerk reactions to a little smack talk. You don't handle it well at all.

Really there's no comparison? He's a 5th year senior who everyone was saying the EXACT same things about.

He has been soaking up the playbook for 5 years, he knows it in and out.

All he has to do is manage the game.

He has been patiently waiting for his turn and now he's going to be motivated to succeed.

Just saying...I've heard it before.

You really need to curb your knee-jerk reactions to a little smack talk. You don't handle it well at all.

Nothing knee jerk in talking about facts something you don't like to do when you talk smack which is what you just did and check my post above it was dead on As I said you have no clue about joe cox. The above post itself shows you don't know anything about joe cox nor about joe t games to compare the two. Your best you can come up with is their are srs and comments about the two which doesn't show you know anything about either player.

Eric Zeier

Mike Bobo

Quincy Carter

David Greene

DJ Shockley

Matt Stafford

Those have been our regular QB's for the last decade....that is not a bad list to have. I fully expect whomever steps under center this coming season will be able to continue that trend.

Does this mean I can erase the Joe T 3 thing from my memory now? I'd always hoped that was only a bad dream...

K. :)

Joe Cox and Joe T are very different players. That was my really just my point in my post. Here is my breakdown between the two:

Joe Cox physically can play QB. He has a very good arm. He is accurate. He is a leader. He is a bigtime winner and he has already won a big game for UGA. He also is a qb that we know can physically play the position. He hasn't played any position, but qb since coming to UGA. He also understands the playbook enough to teach the young pups.

Joe T could not physically play the position. Where Joe Cox can make all the throws, joe t could not. Joe T got a scholly due to his family more than his potential as a qb. He was not accurate and he had a very poor arm. He was respected, but no one was touting how great of a leader he was. He also didn't do jack for us at QB, but he was known more for screwing up a punt fake in the ut game a few years before. He never played qb for uga in a game and instead was used on the punt team. He was more of an athlete than joe cox was, but to play other positions (like logan gray). He didn't have a good grasp of the playbook. He said he was learning a lot about the plays, but since he wasn't a big part of the qb puzzle he wasn't given a lot of practice til the year dj played. joe cox has been practicing as a qb for years and played a lot more than joe t so he has a great handle on the offense.

That is why i said they are not similiar and that includes expectations. Very few dawg fans felt joe t would do jack at qb for us, but there is a lot more confidence in joe cox. Now does that mean joe cox will succeed? We have over 4 months til the first game and no one can say one way or the other, but he has a much better chance than joe t did. I don't know if joe cox will or won't succeed. I have more confidence he will, but until he does the naysayers have plenty of room to say he won't. Joe cox is the one who can prove them wrong.

Does this mean I can erase the Joe T 3 thing from my memory now? I'd always hoped that was only a bad dream...

Joe had what....4 or 5 starts in 2 seasons?

I dont consider him one of the main QB's for the school...although he did start the 2006 season as the starter, he was quickyl supplanted(due to injury at first, then straight up replaced later).

I still cant believe how close we were to beating Florida in 2005 with him though, he did play his heart out in that one.