Trade With Giants

The New York Post expects the Giants to try to bundle one each of their extra second- and third-round picks to move up to the middle of the first round.

The Giants have 10 picks this year, but they won't have room on their roster for more than a half-dozen rookies. They have the ammo and the glaring need at wide receiving to attempt the move.

Source: New York Post

Seems like we might be a target for a trade with them. We could trade back that way they could get a WR at our pick. Just a possibility.

i would love to aquire picks, but they will need to go higher than 24 and have the means to do so. a more likely trade partner is DET and PHI at 20 and 21 because DET is horrible and needs more picks and they wont be able to trade the #1 overall to gain picks. the eagles just like to trade down and are notorius for it.

i feel like the giants are going to deal for braylon edwards, i dont think theyre going to move up into the middle of the 1st.

-Mr. Offseason

Same here ... to get Maclin, they'd have to give up too many picks ... Harvin has written bust all over him, and the Giants won't take the gamble on a player with his history after releasing Burress ... I could see them trading for Edwards and/or maybe picking Robiskie in the second (since they have 2 picks there).

But I wouldn't rule out a trade for Boldin, if he shows up on the block.

i feel like the giants are going to deal for braylon edwards, i dont think theyre going to move up into the middle of the 1st.

-Mr. Offseason

I to think that that is more of a posibility. They need a weapon that can make an impact from the beginning instead of drafting a whole new guy

2nd & 3rd won't be enough to get them to the middle of the first

It all depends on how much they want to give up and where they are targeting. They've got #29 (640 points), #45 (450), #60 (300 points) and #91 (136 points) plus #100 (which they can't trade since it's a compensatory selection). They could get all the way up to #7 if they packaged it all together. I think it's more likely that they either aim to select at #24 (yes, us) and #29 or they use the #29/#45 to get up to #14.

They also have picks at #129 (43 points), #151 (31 points), #164 (26.8 points), #200 (12.4 points) and #238 (1.8 points). They have a LOT of options. The only pick I'm certain they make at this point is #100.

-Mr. Offseason

Eh I'm not feeling that is a strong possibility. Why would the Giants get rid of Plax and then get drop-happy Edwards? The only way I see it happening is if the Browns literally want to give Edwards away.

Given the fact that the article says the Browns already have a first round offer for Edwards, they certainly won't be giving him away. I agree that it would be a case of the Giants ditching one head case for another and Edwards already had a reputation of being unfocused. Living in Manhattan certainly wouldn't help that. Since Crabtree has character issues as well, I think Maclin winds up being the WR the Giants are targeting in a deal up. If they stay where they are, it's probably Robiskie.

It all depends on how much they want to give up and where they are targeting. They've got #29 (640 points), #45 (450), #60 (300 points) and #91 (136 points) plus #100 (which they can't trade since it's a compensatory selection). They could get all the way up to #7 if they packaged it all together. I think it's more likely that they either aim to select at #24 (yes, us) and #29 or they use the #29/#45 to get up to #14.

They also have picks at #129 (43 points), #151 (31 points), #164 (26.8 points), #200 (12.4 points) and #238 (1.8 points). They have a LOT of options. The only pick I'm certain they make at this point is #100.

as I said, 2nd(#45) and 3rd (#91)=586 and doesn't get you to the middle of the first, for that matter even the end of the first

if they dont trade for somebody i think theyll pick kenny britt. hes a local guy and hes a big tall target which would be useful for replacing Plax.

-Mr. Offseason

I really think that if they don't trade for a WR before the draft that theywill take Kenny Britt if he is there at their pick. He is from New Jersey and has the height (6'4) that they just lost with Plaxico. I think Hakeem Nicks will be a better pro, for the record. Reminds me a lot of Anquan. Doesn't have the blazing speed but he has great hands (best in the draft) and is great after the catch.