Question about Michael Jenkins

Why is it that his name is never talked about as a player who has not lived up to his potential.

In his career he has less catches then White and in his career he has less yards then White has and has one year more experience.

But some how all of those who go out of their way to put down other players who don't live up to what they feel a player should be have totally over looked him. Wonder why that is.

If your going to be critical of players who are not what we as fans expect them to be does he get a pass ?????????

I think it's also because he was the second of 2 first round picks that year so people kind of let the pressure on him slide. He was a huge part of that Ohio State Offense the year they competed against Miami in the Fiesta bowl (IMO the best National Championship game in all of College Football History).

I also think Roddy hitting his stride at the right time kind of overshadowed whatever lack of production Jenks had.

But make no mistake, if you look at his seasons stats from the last 5 years he has progressed excruciatingly slowly.

He is a great blocker, sometimes I think he would be better off on the line. (I'll leave that comment there :P )

He might not have as many catches or yards as Roddy, but you can't deny that he's a really solid #2 receiver. None the less the guy has the ability to make some really clutch catches in stiff situations that other receivers probably wouldn't. He's a team player, you don't see him asking for a stack of money or a big shoe deal. Oh, and another plus, he doesn't get into any trouble off the field. (Knock on wood) Most receivers these days are just trouble makers (IMO), it's nice to have a solid #2 that has some swagger on the field as well as off.

Then again, maybe I'm just being biased because he's my favorite player.

He was trashed a lot. But people began to realize he is the best run blocker and the most clutch receiver we have after this past season.

He is definitely clutch, before last season I thought Finn was our only clutch reciever. That play against the Bears was just beautiful. Perfect route and pass. I was definitely one of those guys who cursed Jenkins and White for all the boneheads plays during the Vick administration, But the guy has totally redeemed himself. I think he shoulod play tougher this season due to the new found confidence.

Here's a good question.....Was it the QB or the Receivers for all the bonehead plays? :P

The reason why Brady and Peyton are able to complete terrific tight passes is beause they have TIME to throw the ball. Vick wasnt even given a 3 step drop before he had to take off and run for his life. Price and White dropped so many passes it is ridiculous. Plus I heard rumors that recievers were complaining about Vick throwing to hard. Brett Favre has broken fingers. Vick could have shined a little brighter with protection. You may say it is hard to block for a running QB, but if your line sucks what would you do? ANY WHO it was a mixture of both, but the recivers job is to catch the **** ball and I was heartbroken many times by White, Jenkins, and Price. Vick was the first QB to beat the fudgePACKERS in GreenBay during the playoffs!!

Why is it that his name is never talked about as a player who has not lived up to his potential.

In his career he has less catches then White and in his career he has less yards then White has and has one year more experience.

But some how all of those who go out of their way to put down other players who don't live up to what they feel a player should be have totally over looked him. Wonder why that is.

If your going to be critical of players who are not what we as fans expect them to be does he get a pass ?????????

Primarily because very few people are shining the spotlight on him. The more you mention a player the more you make people aware of him and his lack of production. JA would probably be flying a little under the radar right now if you and your crew would stop creating threads to defend him and reminding people of just how bad he is. Out of sight - out of mind. Starting a thread about a player is only going to draw criticism just like this one has.

I think you throw everything out for Jenkins before last year. New system now, and new QB, and he looked like he had a pretty good year to me. He might eventually lose his job to Harry Douglas, becuase I think Douglas is just flat out more explosive, but Jenkins is a great guy to have on the team.

I think you throw everything out for Jenkins before last year. New system now, and new QB, and he looked like he had a pretty good year to me. He might eventually lose his job to Harry Douglas, becuase I think Douglas is just flat out more explosive, but Jenkins is a great guy to have on the team.

Good point about the change.

Jenkins basically set all kinds of personal records for himself last season....he still is missing one huge part to his game....his goal line game.

For a guy to be 6' 4" and not be a goal to go threat is ridiculous....if he can add that element, then we are set.

Here's a good question.....Was it the QB or the Receivers for all the bonehead plays? :P

Combo of both. Vick's accuracy wasn't consistent. When the WR's number was called they diidn't step up, and it does help when aQB is allowed to throw at least 25-30 times a game so it keeps everybody involved, but that didn't happen either.

He certainly hasn't lived up to the billing as a first round WR (when we traded up for him I remember how excited I was because I thought we were picking Darnell Dockett who is now a Pro Bowl DT), but he's a serviceable #2. Ultimately, it was a bad pick, but at least he's contributing.

Oh, and his catch in the Bears game allowed me to somewhat forgive him. :)

because he had nearly 800 yards last year as the 2nd option in a run 1st offense most likely

I think it's also because he was the second of 2 first round picks that year so people kind of let the pressure on him slide. He was a huge part of that Ohio State Offense the year they competed against Miami in the Fiesta bowl (IMO the best National Championship game in all of College Football History).

I also think Roddy hitting his stride at the right time kind of overshadowed whatever lack of production Jenks had.

But make no mistake, if you look at his seasons stats from the last 5 years he has progressed excruciatingly slowly.

Great game, too bad the refs handed it to Ohio state.

Mike Jenkins was blasted all year because he doesn't pick up enough yards, never over 1,000 in a season, never over 100 in a game there's plenty of hate, it's just hard to open your mouth when in the clutch he's the best player on the feild.