Mike Mayock Says DE Robert Ayers' in three years will be the BEST D player in this draft class

67camaro

I expect it to be Baby Animal, but I could see this with Ayers. The quantum leap he made over the past 12 months (not just during the season) was amazing to watch. The was a buzz about him during the spring, and he was one of the two best players on our team in the fall, along with Berry. Nobody noticed since our #3 defense was lost in the tragedy of a 5-7 season, but Ayers played brilliantly.

I don't think he will be. it will be Aaron Curry

I've always liked Curry as a player and I pay special attention to the lavish praise heaped on him by his coaching staff. He is one of the finest college players in recent memory and he just gets it in terms of work ethic and leadership. Having said all of that, his combine stats scare the daylights out of me. Everyone thinks he rocked it since he had the best 40 time at LB. What isn't getting mentioned much is that in the more important stats, short shuttle and three-cone, he was 14 out 16 and 10 out of 17, respectively. I would like to think that he just didn't focus on those drills enough in pre-combine training. It does make me worry about his short area quickness, though. A 4.51 short shuttle is dreadful for a LB.

(I have a similar concern about Sintim's 3-cone.)

I've always liked Curry as a player and I pay special attention to the lavish praise heaped on him by his coaching staff. He is one of the finest college players in recent memory and he just gets it in terms of work ethic and leadership. Having said all of that, his combine stats scare the daylights out of me. Everyone thinks he rocked it since he had the best 40 time at LB. What isn't getting mentioned much is that in the more important stats, short shuttle and three-cone, he was 14 out 16 and 10 out of 17, respectively. I would like to think that he just didn't focus on those drills enough in pre-combine training. It does make me worry about his short area quickness, though. A 4.51 short shuttle is dreadful for a LB.

I noticed that when looking at his combine numbers after all said he rocked it. Got a bit sceptical but I think after looking at his tape again that he is one of the most complete LBs to come out of college and I think that he will do great in the NFL. Him and Derrick Johnson in KC could make a quite nice ILB core

And also one of the most talented duos in the league

Just because Mayock said this doesn't mean it will come true. People can be wrong. I mean come on, 3 sacks in one year, I just don't get what's so special about him. One year wonder. Could be good, but wouldn't say what Mayock said about him.

couldn't agree more, 3 sacks is a weird stat level to make a prediction like that..